Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Home Again

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-12 - Updated: 2012-03-13 - 1834 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Warning: I blatantly steal in this chapter. I'll cite it at the bottom, but I just wanted to let you know. Haha. K. Enjoy.

Home Again

POP!

“Congratulations, Peter!” Chris said as she pour two glasses of champagne.

“Thank you,” Pete said accepting a glass from her. “I can’t believe all of this is finally over.”

“And now you can take Bronx home to Chicago and everything will go back to normal.” She offered to clink her glass against his. She finished her glass in a couple of gulps.

“You’re so gonna miss us.”

“Correction,” Chris said pouring herself another glass, “I’m going to miss your child.”

“Who is, I’m told, an exact replica of yours truly as a child. So really, you’re going to miss me.”

“Whatever you need to tell yourself,” Chris said, taking the bottle and going into the living room.

“Well, I’ll miss you,” he said following her.

“Adorbs.”

“Shut up and give me some more.”

They had finished the bottle plus a couple of beers. Chris was lying on the couch, her head in Pete’s lap. Pete’s fingers were in her hair and her eyes were half closed when she said, “I really will miss you when you leave tomorrow.”

“You could come with us,” Pete suggested after a few moments of silence.

“Why would I do that?”

“Because I love you.”

Chris’ eyes flew open. Pete’s hands froze. They had done so well. Pete and Bronx had been living with Chris for three months and somehow, with the exception of the first night, they had managed not to cross this particular line. Typical of them, though, the last twelve hours they had together, it would of course come up.

“Peterrrrrrr,” Chris whined.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Pete was shaking his head vigorously.

Chris sat up. “Pete. I can’t. Remember how that worked out last time?”

“I know. I shouldn’t have said it. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok.” But the easy going feeling that had been in the apartment for the last few months was gone. Chris sighed. “Maybe we should go to bed?”

Pete nodded. They gathered up the empties and recycled them. Then they went to bed.

**

“So you’re gonna come visit soon, right, Chris?” Bronx asked the next morning in the car.

“Of course I will, little B,” Chris said smiling in the rearview mirror. She parked at the airport and helped Pete drag all of his and Bronx’s stuff to the ticket counter. She kept Bronx entertained while Pete took care of whatever it was that he needed to do. Then it was time to say goodbye. Bronx was clinging to her leg as she stood to hug Pete. “Bye, Peter. I’ll miss you.”

He hugged her tight. “Bye, starshine.”

Chris pulled away, mentally shaking her head at the old nickname. She knelt down and Bronx put his arms around her neck. Chris stood up, holding the child close. “Be good for Daddy, ok?”

“Only sometimes,” Bronx replied.

“Good answer.” Bronx buried his head in Chris’ shoulder. “Bye, B.”

“Bye-bye, Chris.”

Chris handed him to Pete. She stood outside of security and waved until they disappeared.

**

“So, hey everyone.” The crowd response was deafening. “I’m so excited to finally be playing Chicago. So here we go.” Chris’ band started playing and she started her set of the last show of Patrick’s Soul Punk tour. She looked out into the crowd and saw Stacy and Becca standing on the wall in the back.

The end of her set was coming up. “I’ve had so much fun these past couple of weeks, and it’s all thanks to my very good friend Patrick.” Applause applause. “I was hoping maybe he’d come out here and help me with my very last song.”

Patrick ran out and hugged Chris, giving her a little twirl, then he went to sit at the piano.

Chris spoke into the microphone again. “So, this is a song I haven’t performed yet. I thought this was the best place to sing it first because-well, because it’s for Matty.”

The crowd hushed. Enough people were there that knew the story. Hell a lot of people went through it with her. Patrick started playing.

When you try your best but you don’t succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can’t sleep
Stuck in reverse
/]
[/And the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can’t replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
/]
[/Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

She had to take a deep, steadying breath and stole a glance at Patrick. He was nodding at her encouragingly. She looked out into the crowd. She saw past most of the people’s faces but her attention caught on a few.

Stacy. Tears running down her face. It was all Becca could do to keep her standing.

And high above or down below

Mitch. Matty’s chemo partner who beat it.

When you’re too in love to let it go.
/]
Troy, Kimmy, and Jack. They were in a band with Matty when he was at college.

[/But if you never try you’ll never know

Just what you’re worth

But she couldn’t find the three other boys besides Patrick who she shared this memory with.

Lights will guide you home

An arm wrapped around her waist. She looked up to see Joe. And he was singing.

And ignite your bones

Andy ruffled her hair and came to stand behind her.
/]
[/And I will try to fix you.


Pete had joined them now, standing on the other side of Chris. She grabbed Pete’s hand and rested her head on Joe’s shoulder for a moment before she finished the rest of the song, her best friends helping her out.
/]
[/Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I
/]
[/Tears stream down your face

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I

Patrick stopped playing and came to stand with the four others and Chris sang the last hook by herself.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try
To fix you

The crowd cheered. The boys gracefully left the stage. “Thanks guys. I missed you Chicago!”

She left the stage and doused her band in a good helping of love. Jordan, Adam, and George had been her constants on tour. Well, obviously, Trick had been there too, but she had been living on a bus with Jordan, Adam, and George. They even had nicknames. Jordan was Jordie, George was Georgie, and Adam was ‘hey asshole’ (he didn’t have a name that lent to the ‘ie’ trend). But they were going back to wherever it was they were from. Hopefully they’d rejoin her if (Trick kept saying when) she got an offer to record.

The act that played every night between Chris and Patrick’s set was on the stage. Chris went to go see the others. She was hugging Joe when a young child’s voice screeched “Chris!!!”

She looked down to see Bronx hurtling toward her. “Hey little B!” He practically leapt into Chris’ arms. “Isn’t it a little too late for you to be up?”

“Daddy said it was ok because you were coming to visit.”

She cuddled him closer. Pete came and hugged her. “Great job, tonight, Chris.”

“Thanks, Pete.”

Becca and Stacy had finally made their way backstage. The next few minutes were spent catching up, then it was time for Patrick to go out on stage. They all stood together in the wings watching him perform.

He was almost all the way through his set when he started talking into the microphone about a special surprise. It was then that Chris, Becca, and Stacy looked around and noticed Pete, Andy, and Joe were gone.

Where is your boy tonight
I hope he is a gentleman.

Chris had never heard a crowd go so crazy. All of a sudden Fall Out Boy was on stage. Together. For the first time in years. They continued playing. They looked like they were having so much fun.

Then the intro for Grenade Jumper started. Patrick turned to the wings and beckoned the girls out on stage. Chris danced around like a moron with little Bronx on her hip, singing along, dancing with everyone.

Then the show was over. And tour. Chris was sitting on the green room couch with Bronx curled up in her lap when Patrick finished his encore. Everyone came into the room. To Pete, Chris said, “You should probably take this little one home.”

“Ya. I know. But Pat needs help getting stuff away. You know how he is about his stuff. If we leave him all alone he’ll be here until two tomorrow afternoon sorting stuff out.”

Chris just laughed. She stood, “I’ll just take him back to your place. I don’t have anything to do.”

“Are you sure? I thought you were staying with Joe?” Pete asked.

“He can come back with you later and then I’ll go home with him.”

“Ok.” Pete came and kissed Bronx’s head.

“Code’s the same, right?”

“Yup.”

“Awesome.” Chris grabbed her bag and said bye to everyone, promising to see them the next day. Then she carried the sleeping child out of the venue and onto the L train. It didn’t take long for her to get to Pete’s stop. Bronx was still asleep even as she punched in the code to Pete’s floor. But as soon as she tried to put him into his own bed, Bronx started fussing.

“Can’t I sleep with you?” He asked sleepily, clutching to Chris’ neck.

“Alright.” Chris continued down the hall to Pete’s room. She barely thought about what she was doing before laid down with Bronx clinging to her. He went back to sleep in minutes. That’s when the exhaustion of tour hit Chris full on. If see was tired when she came home from managing a tour, it was nothing compared to the fatigue that she was feeling now.

A/N: So I stole from Coldplay. Big deal. Haha. No, but I love that song, it really means alot to me, and I thought it really fit Chris, so I'm pretending she wrote it. Also if I have to point out the Fall Out Boy song, aren't you reading in the wrong category? Jk. Ok. Serious time. PLEASE REVIEW! Haven't had a review in a while. I'd like a few please. K, great. Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story