Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Can't That Be Enough?

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-14 - Updated: 2012-03-14 - 1190 words - Complete

0Unrated
Can't That Be Enough?

The next thing she knew, Bronx was bouncing on the bed, chanting her name. Chris opened her eyes and looked around the room to see that it was now morning. She was still in her clothes from the night before and she was sure she looked a hot mess.

“Bronx,” Pete’s voice came from the door. “Be quiet and leave Chris alone. She’s tired.”

“Awww. Ok.” Bronx stopped his jumping and left the room.

Chris looked up at Pete, “What happened? I though I was going to Joey’s?”

“Ya…well, we tried to wake you up when we got back. But you told Joe to fuck off and went back to sleep. It was pretty funny.”

“Greatttttt. Is he mad?”

“No he understood. He said to call him if you wanted to go over there.” He paused. “Of course you’re always welcome to sleep it off here.”

The awkwardness from his last night in Dallas was still there. “I think I’ll go to Joe’s. All my stuff is there…”

She trailed off and saw Pete’s face fall in disappointment. He quickly recovered. “Of course. I’ll call him if you want.”

“Thanks.”

*

Chris decided to hang out in Chicago for a while. She had to leave her job in Dallas when she went on tour, so there wasn’t a big rush to go back. Within a couple of days of being in Chicago, Patrick’s label, Island, wanted to have a meeting with her. So Patrick, Joe, and Chris adventured to L.A. where they stayed in the house the boys owned there.

They said they were impressed with her performance on tour and her experience in the industry. They wanted to sign her. And they wanted her to start recording now.

She started recording in L.A. with some vanilla producer, living with Joe and sometimes Patrick would be around. But she was getting frustrated. The tracks she was recording weren’t what she wanted. They weren’t the same as her demos. It didn’t even sound like her half the time.

After voicing her concerns to Patrick and then the record company, Island decided that if she could find another producer, she could use them instead. Patrick immediately volunteered for the job. He suggested moving back to Chicago, since Chris was more comfortable there with the places she had grown up in.

*

It was the night before her record was to be released. Patrick had made her music sound great and she was completely in love with it. She had been at the big party the company threw downtown for most of the evening, everyone who was important to her was there to congratulate her. Everyone except one person.

Matty.

So here she was. In some cute (and expensive) outfit her new stylist had put her in, with a box of Lucky Charms (Matty’s favorite), sitting on the ground in front of his headstone.
It was somewhere she hadn’t been since the day they buried him. It wasn’t as hard as she imagined it would be. She was sad, but she was glad that she was there. She talked to Matty for a long time. She told him everything that had happened since he died. It felt good to just talk to him even if he couldn’t talk back.

“I hope you understand, Matty. All the things I did, even the awful ones, I did for you.” Tears started to fall down her face for the first time since she was sitting there. Quietly she said, “I hope I’ve made you proud some how.”

“You have, I know it.” Pete shuffled into her view. He was dressed nicely, like he’d come from a party. “Sorry I missed you at your party. Bronx was sick and I couldn’t leave him with the sitter until he was asleep. When I got there, you were already gone. So I came looking for you.” His hands were in his pockets now and he was looking down at the ground in front of his feet. “I hope that’s ok.”

She nodded, wiped the tears from her face, and stood. Chris spoke, her voice rough, “How did you find me?”

“It took a while. I checked 24 and the park. I even drove by your old house. Then I realized that you’d want to be near Matt. So here I am.”

“Why are you here, Peter?” Chris asked, but she was pretty sure she knew the answer already.

He finally looked up at her, and she could see the desperation in his eyes. “Because I love you, Christina Leah Henry. And I’ve done a lot of stupid things, but the stupidest was letting you walk out of my life, not once, but twice. And I know that the last time you left was my fault and I’m sorry. But I have never loved anyone else…”

He trailed off, seeming to lose his burst of confidence.

“I loved you Pete. But we tried. It didn’t wo-“ Chris was cut off because Pete had closed the gap between them and taken her face in his hands before he pressed his lips to hers. Chris, shocked, pulled away. “Pete-I-”

“I love you. Can’t that be enough? Can’t we just go back to how it was before?”

“But I can’t trust you. You broke my heart. I can’t.”

“How can I fix it?” Pete still hadn’t let go of her.

“I don’t know.”

“I can try. Will you let me try?”

Chris searched his eyes. She saw his own heartbreak. She saw his love for her. Slowly, she nodded. Pete’s face broke into a grin and he leaned back in to kiss her. This time Chris kissed him back. She dropped the box of Lucky Charms she was holding so she could twine her arms around his neck. Pete pulled back briefly to wipe the tears off her cheeks.

“Marry me?” He asked.

Chris laughed and punched him lightly in the chest. “Absolutely not. You have way more making up to me to do.”

“That is true. I guess I should have expected that.”

Chris stood on her tip toes to kiss him.

*

Three months later it was July. Chris was lounging on a beach towel on the pebbly shores of Lake Michigan watching Pete teach Bronx how to swim. They came in after a while to eat the lunch that Chris had packed for them.

Bronx had fallen asleep, his head in Chris’ lap. Chris and Pete stared out onto the water, holding hands. Chris said, “Ask me again.”

“Ask you what?”

Chris turned to him and said, “Ask me again.”

Realization crossed Pete’s face. “Are you sure?”

Chris sighed and rolled her eyes. “Just ask me before I change my mind.”

“You’re so cute when you’re annoyed.” He leaned over to kiss her cheek. “Christina Leah Henry, will you marry me?”

“Yes, absolutely.”

A/N: Precioussssssssssssss. K go review. Thanksssss. hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story