Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

So Close the Final Curtain

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-15 - Updated: 2012-03-15 - 961 words - Complete

1Moving
So Close the Final Curtain

“The couple has written their own vows. Christina?”

The priest’s voice rang out in the church. Chris looked around for a second. While the whole wedding in a church thing was at her mother’s insistence, she had to admit that everything was perfect. Her mother, with the help of Mrs. Rhodes and Mrs. Williams, had, as usual, known exactly what suited her.

“I have a secret,” Chris began. Pete looked slightly alarmed. She smiled. “I knew this was going to happen since I was about twelve. You, me, and Matty were at the carnival. I was watching you two trying to scam the cute carnival worker out of a prize even though you had lost her game. Then this old gypsy women beckoned me over to read my fortune. Even as a twelve year old, I knew it was stupid and that I shouldn’t waste my money on it, but I did it anyway. This old lady took my money and her crystal ball lit up. She told me that I would face great hardships and trials, but if I stuck by my friend, Peter, everything would be ok because we were destined to be together. I left her tent laughing. Me and you? No way. I didn’t think about it again until Matty was sick. I remembered her saying that everything would be ok if I was with you. I let you save me more than once. You were my rock. But then, Matty died. Everything I had believed in seemed like a lie, so I discarded everything and left. When you should up in Austin, my life was complete again. Everything felt right. We have had our ups and downs and we have been through more than most people go through in a lifetime. We are strong and we have weathered the storm. Looking back on it, the gypsy women probably heard me shouting at you as you were losing. And she probably saw me looking at the carnival worker with jealousy because you two were paying attention to someone other than me. But whether she was a real psychic or not, I believe we are destined to be together and I’m ready to face anything with you. Because I love you, Peter. And I won’t ever stop.”

She heard sniffles from the audience and from behind her, but she didn’t look. There was only one person whose reaction she wanted to see and he was standing right in front of her, holding her hands, his eyes bright with unshed tears. He squeezed her hands and cleared his throat before he started to speak.

“How am I supposed to follow that?” He asked her, quietly. She laughed softly and Pete winked at her before he started to speak again, loud enough for everyone to hear him. “Remember when you made me lay on the floor after the VMAs and memorize how I felt? For the record, this is so much better. Now, I have made a few promises. Some that you might or might not know about.” Now it was Chris’ turn to look alarmed. “Matty made me promise when he first got sick that I would take care of you if he died. While I’m pretty sure he meant protect you and all the other older brother stuff, he had no idea what my relationship with you would evolve into. Then there’s the promise I made you your mother. Just before we left your parent’s house for the last time, Mrs. H. told me to ‘be good to her, ok? She’s all I have left.’ I might have failed at times at this task, but I have never not loved you. Then there’s the promise I made to Patrick, Joe, and Andy. When we showed up at Andy and Becca’s that night, I don’t know if you noticed, but the guys took me outside. I was seriously afraid that they were going to kick my a-“ Pete remembered he was in a church-“beat me up. I think they would have, too, if I hadn’t promised to never do the stupid things I had done before and to be good to you. But I don’t need those promises. The only promise that matters is the one I’m about to make to you. I like that word, destiny. And I believe in it, too. I love you forever, starshine.”

And the ceremony went on. Bronx had the rings. The bridesmaids and groomsmen had a choreographed dance for the recessional. Patrick made a beautiful speech at the reception. He wasn’t the best man-that spot was reserved for Matty, regardless if he was physically there or not-but it was entertaining and meaningful. Chris and Pete’s first dance was to Sinatra’s “The Way You Look Tonight,” but the boys also wrote a ridiculous song for them with the help of Stacy and Becca. Hemmingway made a brief appearance before Chris and Pete said goodbye to their guests, settled Bronx with Pete’s parents, climbed into the limo, and, quite literally, rode off into the sunset.

A/N: That's all folks. Story complete. Hope you liked reading it as much as I liked writing it. It was nice and cathartic for me. So you guys are great. I hope my earlier reviews who disappeared (no worries I understand, sometimes I don't check ficwad for months) but anyway, I hope you come back and find it and finish Chris and Pete's journey. You guys are great. Writing a story from start to finish has been a crazy awesome experience for me, so thanks! Now I'll stop rambling. Hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story