Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Commit This to Memory

Deep

by XxLiveyourlifExX 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-15 - Updated: 2012-03-15 - 1259 words

0Unrated
Deep

The girls paid the tab and walked back to the hotel, enjoying the bright sun on their faces. Back in the suite, they found Gerard and Ray with Frank and Mikey. They were watching television, but the mood in the room was somber.

“Hey boys!” Braelyn sat herself in between Gerard and Mikey.

“Someone’s chipper,” Gerard commented with a smile.

“Happy Braelyn time. Sad Braelyn time is over,” Braelyn said, she dropped her head to Gerard’s shoulder. “What’s with you kids?” She asked, poking Mikey’s side. “Why so serious?”

“Where’s Bob?” Chelsea asked, sitting on the arm of the couch.

None of the boys answered, all of them looking at one another then away.

“Hello?” Chelsea spoke again.

“He’s talking to Topher,” Ray said quietly.

“About what?” Braelyn asked, lifting her head.

“He wants to leave,” Ray said.

“Like go home for a couple of days, right?” Chelsea asked.

“No,” said Gerard. “Like forever.”

Braelyn gasped. She reached out for Mikey and Gerard’s hands.

“Oh no,” Chelsea breathed.

The room fell into a thick silence. They sat watching television. Braelyn was still holding the boys’ hands and Chelsea was now sitting on Frank’s lap. A while later, Topher came into the room. Someone switched the television off and everyone sat up a little straighter.

“Hey everyone,” Topher said. “Have the girls been told the situation?” When everyone nodded, he continued, “Well, tonight will be Bob’s last show with us.”

“What?!” Frankie said.

Next to Braelyn, Mikey slumped lower into his seat. She squeezed his hand.

“I know,” Topher said. “But it will be ok. He’s playing tonight. After that, he’s getting on a plane. One of the techs, Alex, will be playing drums the rest of tour. I know it’s rough and we’ve had a crazy couple of days, but you’ve got to keep pushing through. Give the kids a good show and all that.” Everyone nodded. “Bob has also asked to be left alone today,” there was a hint of annoyance in his voice now. “He doesn’t want to be ‘pestered.’ And he promises to put on a good show tonight.” No one said anything. “Ok, Chelsea, can I talk to you?”

“Um, sure.” She got up after she gave Frank a kiss on the cheek. Chelsea followed Topher out of the suite.

After another couple of minutes of silence, Mikey got up and left the room without saying a word. Gerard said, “This is gonna go well.”

“I can’t believe this is happening,” Ray said.

“I can. He’s been cranky for ages,” Frank said.

“Is there anything I can do?” Braelyn asked.

“Give Mikey ten minutes,” Frank replied, “then go make sure he’s ok. He tends to take things harder than the rest of us. We’ll be ok.”

Braelyn nodded and sat there. She leaned against Gerard, hoping to lend support. After about ten minutes, she got up and went to Mikey’s room. His door was closed, so she knocked.

“Who is it?” he called.

“Braelyn. Can I come in?”

“Ya.”

Braelyn pushed through the door and shut it quietly behind her. He was sitting on the edge of his bed, facing away from her. She went over and sat down next to him. She leaned against him. “How are you?”

“I’m fine. I just needed to get out of that room.”

“Ok.” She linked her arm through his. “But this whole talking thing goes two ways. If you need anything, I’m your girl.”

“Thanks, Braelyn.”

“No problem.”

“So you seem better than when you left this morning,” Mikey said looking down at her.

“Yup.” Braelyn fell back onto the bed, smiling. “Chelsea and I had a really good lunchtime conversation.”

“Oh yeah?” Mikey was smiling now, too; her mood was contagious. He turned and sat back against his pillows. “Tell me about it.”

Braelyn rolled over so she was lying on her stomach facing him. Her knees were bent and kicking back and forth as she told him about her conversation with Chelsea. Well, not all of it. Just the Todd thing. Not the Mikey thing. That wasn’t happening.

“Sounds like a good plan.”

“I think so.” She was grinning like an idiot. “What time is it?”

“Two-ish.”

“When do we have to be ready? I missed the meeting yesterday,” Braelyn said, rolling onto her back and sitting up.

“We’re leaving for the venue at six. So three and a half hours.”

“Awesome.” Braelyn raised her arms above her head and stretched. “What are you gonna do?”

“I don’t know. Hang out. Watch television. You?”

“Same.”

“Maybe,” Mikey said, not looking at her even though her back was to him. “Maybe you could hang out in here?”

Braelyn turned around to look at him. He still wasn’t looking at her. She grinned and said, “Ya. Hanging out in here would be fun.”

Mikey’s eyes met hers and he smiled. “Cool.”

Braelyn moved so she was now sitting next to him, sitting up against the headboard. Mikey turned on the tv. Braelyn asked, “What are we watching?”

“I don’t know. You want to pick?”

“Nah. You always find better shows than me.” She leaned over and rested her head on his shoulder. Mikey flipped through the channels. “Oh Harry Potter!”

“You’re a dork,” Mikey replied with a smile, stopping on the channel.

Braelyn sat up and said, with pretend hurt in her voice, “You’re so mean!”

“If you say so.”

She turned and stuck her tongue out at him.

“Come on, watch Harry Potter and quit whining.” He was grinning.

She smiled too and leaned back next to him and put her head back on his shoulder. “I love Harry Potter.”

“Dork.”

Braelyn sat up and looked at him, raising her eyebrows, “See you are mean to me.”

“Awww Braelyn’s feelings are hurt,” Mikey said, smirking at her.

“Hush. The movie’s on.” Braelyn said, leaning back onto his shoulder as the commercial ended and the movie started back up.

“My arm’s falling asleep,” Mikey said, after ten minutes.

“Sorry,” Braelyn said and she moved so she wasn’t leaning on his arm. Instead of leaving his arm between them, Mikey lifted it and put it around Braelyn’s shoulder and pulled her back to him. Braelyn smiled to herself as she leaned into Mikey, her hand coming to rest on Mikey’s chest. The next commercial break started, Braelyn made an impulsive decision and spoke. “So, when Chels and I went to lunch, she asked me which thing I wanted to talk about.”

“You have more than one thing?”

“That’s what I said!” Braelyn tilted her head up to look at him. “But, according to Chelsea, apparently I do have more than one thing.”

“So much depth to you,” Mikey said looking down to her. “What’s your other thing?”

“Well there was the ‘Todd Thing’ and…” Braelyn’s eyes looked down, losing her nerve.

“What’s the other thing?”

“Nevermind…”

“Lame,” Mikey teased, “Bringing it up and then not telling.”

Braelyn sighed and said, “It would seem that I also have a ‘Mikey Thing.’”

A/N: DUN DUN DUN! Cliffhanger. I know. You're mad. haha Anywayyyyy, thanks to Izzy and Abbie for reviewing. Also, I am sooooo aware that this isn't how it really happens, but I don't care. Breakin alll the rules lol. Hope you enjoy. go review! hearts, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story