Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And The Angels Come Screaming

Chapter 1

by MyAccountBitches 3 reviews

Alyssa is a college student who has an agressive brain tumour. She's been given 18 months to live and do the things she's always wanted to do. Number 1 on her list is to fall in love...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-17 - Updated: 2012-03-18 - 680 words

2Original
That was it. I was going to die.

In most peoples eyes, 18 months is a long time. To me, it was all I had left.

I locked the front door to my dorm room and threw my keys on to my bed. That's when I noticed it. The shoe box covered in glitter and poorly drawn hearts underneath a pile of clothes under the bed. I dragged it out and sighed. Sliding to the floor against my book shelf, I lifted the lid and took out a folded piece of lined paper.

Across the top of the page in purple gel pen, it read : "Things I'm going to do before I die".

I gave a weak smile at my childishness. I didn't think I'd have to look at this for a long time. And here I was, just 12 years on, planning the last 18 months of my life.

"Number 1 - Go to college". 'Check', I thought to myself.

"Number 2 - Have a nice car". I'd class my beat up Beetle as a nice car. It sure as hell wasn't the prettiest car on campus, but god how I loved it.

"Number 3 - Fall in love and live happily ever after".

No check. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever really been in love. Sure, I've loved people unconditionally, I've had deep emotion feelings for all of my partners, but I was never in love with them.

I tucked my deep red fringe behind my ear and reached for my phone, which was now incessantly ringing.

"Hey, Lyssa", came the voice from the other line. I breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the voice of my quirky best friend Alicia.

I'd known Alicia since we were paired as lab partners in high school. We'd pretty much bonded instantly over a mutual love of music. We'd sit in the empty music rooms after school eating Skittles. She'd teach me bass and I'd teach her guitar. We were inseperable.

"Hey, Ali, how's it going?", I asked tentatively, already knowing what her answer would be.

"I've been worried sick all day about you, actually. What did the doctor say?". Her voice had adopted a more serious tone and I could sense worry in her voice.

Silence. I couldn't bring myself to speak. As hard as I tried to force out the words, 'I'm going to die', I couldn't.

"Shit. I'm on my way now".

*

I guess I'm lucky to have a friend as good as Alicia. She was here within 10 minutes. She brought all my favourite albums so we could listen to them. Dookie, Road To Ruin, Nimrod,Zero; all the songs we grew up listening to. She brought Oreo's (my personal favourites), Choc-chip cookies and every other junk food imaginable. All our favourite horror movies, Dawn Of The Dead being the one we both picked to watch.

I admired how well she handled the situation. She didn't bring the 'c' word up once, and when I was about to cry (she could sense things like that), she'd wrap me into one of her infamous bear hugs. I think being hugged by Alicia was one of the only times I'd ever felt safe.

*

"Lyssa, you awake?", I heard Alicia say. I took a quick glance at my phone. 4:13 am.

"Yeah, why?", I replied.

"There's this party tomor-", She checked her watch. "Tonight. Do you wanna come?"

"Who's party?"

"Mikey..", she replied reluctantly.

"Not that guy you're obsessing over who sit's next to you in music!", I laughed, mocking her by face-palming.

"You never know, you might meet someone there", she responded with a wink.

I cast my thoughts back to the list. Maybe she was right, I'm only gonna live once, and, to put it bluntly, I'm not gonna live for long. Might as well make the most of it.

"I'll think about it", I replied with a smile.

A/N : So, what'd'ya think? If you think it's worth continuing, let me know, 'cos I've pretty much got the next chapter planned out in my head :-) Please R & R.
Sign up to rate and review this story