Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And The Angels Come Screaming

Chapter 2

by MyAccountBitches 2 reviews

Party time! (Cheesy, I know)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-03-18 - Updated: 2012-03-18 - 1178 words

2Moving
Why had I agreed to this?

Tonight I was going to some strangers house for a party I didn't even want to go to. All because of one stupid word. 'Yes'.

Alicia was soon dragging me in to my bedroom, literally by my ears. She catapulted a pair of jeans and a t-shirt in my direction

"Put them on now!", she bellowed, "We need to get you something to wear!".

Oh god. Knowing Alicia, she was gonna try and make me wear some skanky, lace, skin-tight dress. I still remember the day she'd became my 'personal stylist'.

"It's not that you have bad fashion sense", she'd said, trying to sound as little offensive as possible, "you just don't know how to make the most of what you've got".

What had I got again? I was as skinny as a twig, in a bad way. I looked a bit like an under-weight scarecrow. My arms showed shocking resemblence to pencils, and my legs were long and skinny. I had a really long neck.To put it bluntly, I was practically a giraffe personified.

I guess I just had to accept that Alicia would stop at nothing, I repeat NOTHING, to make me dress up for once.

*

After wandering through several stores and trying on countless dresses, and purchasing a few of them, we'd decided to take a break and rest in the food court.

"Fuck", I muttered as a sharp pain hit the back of my skull.

"Here take these", Alicia replied, holding out two painkillers and a bottle of water. She always came prepared.

At school, I was the disorganised kid who'd forget all my homework and never bring my P.E kit. Alicia was the one who'd always happen to have a spare of everything I'd need. It was pretty much a tradition that every Friday, we'd go to eachother's houses. We'd have horror movie marathons, Skittles eating contests and we'd sing along (awfully) to Green Day at 4 in the morning just to piss the neighbours off.

I sighed. If there was one person who'd consistantly been there for me, it was Alicia. My Dad died when I was young, and after that, my Mom would come home with a different guy practically every day. She seemed to know when I was having a particularly bad day and she'd come over in the middle of the night, climb up into my room and stay with me until the morning

And in 18 months time, I was going to be gone. I'd be just a fleeting memory, floating in space.

She seemed to realise I was no longer enjoying myself and grabbed me by the wrist, signalling that we're leaving.

*

Oh my god. I was wearing a short, black dress with sheer tights. My scarlet hair had been styled into loose, wavy curls and was hanging just below my shoulders. The only recognisable aspects of what I was wearing were my black converse. I'm not sure how, but I'd managed to convince Alicia to let me wear them.

Alicia was practically sprinting around my apartment trying to add the finishing touches to my outfit. She soon returned to my room grasping a small, blue make-up bag.

"Alicia, get away from me with that thing!", I yelled.

It was no use, she knew I was possibly the most ticklish person in the universe. I gave in, she was always going to get her way, there was no point in fighting.

As soon as she'd finished poking my eyes out with an eye-liner pencil, she began rooting around my room for a piece of jewellery.

"A-ha!", she exclaimed, holding up a necklace with half a heart on it, "Remember this?"

"How could I forget", I sighed. The friendship necklace she'd given me for my 14th birthday.

She walked behind me and pulled the necklace around my neck, gently closing the clasp.

"You ready?", she asked.

"No", I replied, sighing.

She chuckled. "Good", she beamed, dragging me out of the door.

*

Alicia and I walked into what looked like the living room. There weren't as many people as I'd anticipated, it just looked like a small-ish gathering of friends. Alicia gave a wave and two men approached us.

"Hey Alicia", she smaller of the two beamed. He had brown, tufty hair and wide, hazel eyes. Wow, maybe I could see what Alicia saw in this guy.

"Hey Mikey", Alicia replied enthusiastically, "This is my friend Alyssa".

"Nice to meet you", he responded, stretching out his palm, "This is my brother, Gerard".

"Hi there", Gerard said.

Gerard. He had dishevelled, ebony hair which hung just below his chin. He was tall, a lot taller than me anyway. His eyes were a wild, reddish-brown. His skin was pale, his nose turned up slightly at the end which, in my opinion, was cute. His smile was warm and welcoming.

*

The party was getting a bit loud. I'd been introduced to everyone at the party, and made friends with all of them. Frank, Ray and Bob. Ray was in one of my music classes, so I recognised him instantly. I didn't really talk to him in music, but his 'Fro was pretty hard to miss. Billie and Mike, who were slightly older than us, but fun just the same. Brendon, Ryan, Spencer, Adam, Lindsey, Jamia, Christa. Everyone seemed really nice.

I decided I needed some air. I sat in the garden. It was quiet and peaceful, only the distant sounds of laughter and music coming from inside.

"Mind if I sit with you?".

I spun around, catching my breath

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you".

Gerard. I breathed a sigh of relief. In a way, I was happy it was him. I seemed comfortable around him, despite the fact I'd only known him for roughly an hour.

"Yeah, sure", I replied with a smile.

*

Back in the car, Alicia wouldn't stop asking me questions:

"What'd you and Gerard talk about?"

"Music, art", I replied.

"What else? C'mon, Lyssa, I know there's more than that".

"Keep your eyes on the road!", I laughed, elbowing her in the ribs.

She stuck her bottom lip out at me.

"Fine, he asked me if I wanted to meet up for coffee" I responded, reluctantly.

"What did you say?!", she screamed.

"I said yes", I chuckled.

I think this is the first time in a long time I've looked forward to meeting someone. It's like I can be myself around Gerard, there's no pretending.

Looking forward to it was an understatement. I couldn't wait.

A/N: ZOMG! thank you guys sooo much for the great reviews! Sorry about the crappy ending of this one, and yeah, for the 'friends' at the party, I did use other people from other bands, just in case you were wondering. Please keep R&Ring. Also, I don't think I put a discalimer on the first chapter, so even though I'm really not fussed about copyright:
*]
[*DISCLAIMER: I don't own the names of the characters (Except Alyssa, she's MINE :P), but the plot is MINE! xD
Sign up to rate and review this story