Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > These Immortal Streets

Chapter Eleven

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-19 - Updated: 2012-03-19 - 516 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven

He returned her gaze with a sharp disbelief. He didn’t want to hear what she had said, he didn’t want to know what she had meant. He looked away from her and let out a small laugh and shook his head.

“Jared, I’m telling you the truth.” She said firmly. Her eyes were serious, more than they had ever been. Everything about her had dampened, the fire behind her eyes, the intoxication that resided inside of her. Where had it gone?

He dragged his eyes back to her and tried to comprehend what she had meant. He pushed his hand back through his hair and tried to find something to say. He made an explanatory gesture towards her before dropping his hand and looking away again.

“What are you talking about?” He demanded, the struggle in his voice sharp.

She let out a small breath and reached her hand out. Lightly she touched his arm and when he pulled away she felt a slight burn. “Jared, Shannon did something to you. He wants you dead.”

Again he laughed and looked at her with utter distrust. “Why would he want that?”

“Why would he want to kidnap you, hold you hostage, and then let you go?”

“Why would you let me go when you led me there?” He felt that sting of betrayal again. Why was it so deep when he hadn’t even known her long enough to have formed anything with her?

“It wasn’t like that.” She whispered, feeling the anger coming from his eyes. She held his blue gaze though, unwilling to look away. She wanted to be heard and she would be damned if he was going to turn her away. Didn’t she still have some sort of power over him the way she had the night they had met?

“So, you’re telling me that you innocently lured me into this, leading me to Shannon and that he wants me dead for no particular reason and yet you have nothing at all to do with it?” He could have shouted his words and it wouldn’t have been any louder.

“It doesn’t matter what happened before Jared. I’m trying to tell you now…I’m trying to help you out.” She tried to reach out again, a pleading look in her gaze.

He moved away though and shook his head. “I’m not going to be tricked again…”

“I’m not tricking you…” She replied softly, broken. Wasn’t this supposed to work?

“Just leave.” He firmly ordered. “And don’t come back.”

She didn’t say another word. She simply nodded and slipped out of the house leaving him in silence. The silence that rotted its way inside of him leaving him open to the darkness that suffocated him. She was gone and yet her kiss still burned on his lips, her presence whispered sharply through him. But he wouldn’t be taken captive again, not by anyone. He was free now and he would do anything to keep it that way.
Sign up to rate and review this story