Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Until Next Time

Until Next Time

by xxPanicFanxx 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-03-19 - Updated: 2012-03-20 - 820 words

0Unrated
"She's such a freak mom." A 9 year old Ryan remarked about his new neighbor. His mother went on with the dishes. Her brown hair was up in a disheveled bun and her honey eyes were lacking makeup.

"Ryan! Now don't you dare say that about her; she's just shy." His mother said back to him in a warning tone. The Ross' had decided that they needed a vacation away from Las Vegas for a while, or more importantly, Ryan's father. A friend of his mother had let them both stay in a summer home they don't use much anymore. They were only there for a couple weeks.

"But she is! All she does is sit in her backyard all alone on her swings!" The little boy screamed back, flailing his arms for emphasis.

"Maybe that's because she doesn't know anyone. Speaking of that: I want you to go over and make friends with her."

"But mom-"

"No 'buts' mister. Get over there. Now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not that Cameron didn't like company, it's just that she liked to be alone a whole lot more. She would constantly be talking to herself or as she calls it her 'imaginary friend'. In pre-school she never was one to speak to any other students or socialize for that matter. She went, learned, and came home. Then the little 5 year old would read and swing until her little heart gave out.

"Cameron, sweetie, your friend Ryan is coming over to play later." Her mother called from the kitchen. Cameron's head shot up from her book and stared at her mother. She didn't like Ryan. Not one bit. To her Ryan was a slacker. He'd rather waste his time playing videogames and watching tv then doing something productive, or what her 5 year old mind would count as productive. She immediately left the house in a huff. She only went as far as the driveway before she saw Ryan. Her grey eyes narrowed as he came over to her. Her blonde pigtails whipping around her face and her powder blue dress dancing in the breeze. She crossed her arms and stared at him.

Ryan took a deep breath and walked up to her.

"Hi Cameron." He smiled and held out his hand. The girl held her hand out but was hesitent to take his. "I'm Ryan. It's nice to meet you."

"Hi." Was all she said before wlaking back into the house, Ryan following suit.

"Hi Ryan." Cameron's mother, Abbigail, said.

"Hi Mrs. Rae." Ryan smiled and waved slightly. Cameron continued walking through the house until she got to the back door. She knew she wasn't tall enough to reach it, but she was not going to be embarresed infront of her new neighbor because she had to have her mommy help her open a door. She reached up as far as she could on her tippy-toes. After a couple tries, and still no luck, she had given up with a huff.

Ryan noticed the look of sadness on her face and he swore it looked like she was about to start crying. He opened the sliding door and they both walked out.

Cameron knew exactly how to get what she wanted. It was as simple as whipping up a few tears. No one would ever expect her to be as manipulating as she was, just because of the simple fact that she's so shy.

"What do you want to do?" Ryan finally asked. After ten minutes of watching her swing he had gotten bored.

"We could play house." She said. It was the first words she had spoken to him besides 'hi'. He noted the cute lisp she had. "I could be the mommy, you could be the daddy, and my cat Tiger could be the baby."

"Ok, but if we play house we have to play real house."

"Whatta ya mean?" The younger had stopped swinging now.

"We gotta act like our mommys and daddys. You know like kissing and stuff."

"Oh." She had drug out the word to show she understood what he meant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had spent all day playing house, swinging, talking, and reading. And Ryan, dare he say it, actually had fun.

A few weeks had passed and it was time for Ryan to go home. Both of their mothers had grown close as well. Cameron decided to volunteer her mother to drive them all out to the airport to say their goodbyes, which resulted in tears from both Ryan and Cameron.

"I'm gonna miss you Ryro." Cameron had come up with a nickname for Ryan. He had decided that no one but her was to call him that.

"You too, Cammie." He hugged her tightly as they both cried. When the time came for them to leave they had to be pryed off of each other.

"Until next time." Was the last thing Cameron said to him before he left.
Sign up to rate and review this story