Categories > Books > Outsiders > One Summer Dream

Chapter 23

by Darkpurplepen 0 reviews

Category: Outsiders - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-03-20 - Updated: 2012-03-21 - 540 words

0Unrated
A little over an hour had gone by since the socs attacked the house. Two-Bit and Steve left and Ponyboy and Sodapop were back to just waching television like nothing had happened when again, the sound of a car pulling up caused them both to jump and look at each other.

"Now what?" Soda asked.

Ponyboy ran over to the window only to sigh in relief.

"It's just Darry."

Darry then ran into the house and looked his younger brothers over.

"The police told me what happened. Are you guys alright?"

"We're fine."

"Yeah. The socs were arrested."

Darry nodded.

"I hope they get put in jail. They didn't mess anything up did they?"

"Na, Two-Bit and Steve arrived just in time."

"That's good."

"So...are you going back to work?" Pony asked.

"No, I told my boss what happened and told me to take off. Anyway, I have good news."

"You got the promotion?" Soda asked.

Darry nodded.

"That's great, Darry. Now you won't have to work two jobs."

"I know." Darry said as he breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a long year of having to work two jobs, he was always sore, always tired. Never able to do anything. Now that he was going to start making more money roofing houses he didn't need to work as a stock person anymore.

"Why don't we celebrate?" Soda suggested.

"Yeah, let's go out for pizza." Pony spoke.

Darry smiled.

"That sounds good."

It was the first thing he had done with both his brothers in a little while. They went to Sal's pizzaria and ordered an extra large with pepperoni. They talked, laughed. Ponyboy couldn't help but smile seeing his oldest brother in a good mood.

When they got back to the house they couldn't believe it but they were actually still hungry. Soda took out the chocolate cake from the fridge and cut three pieces. As the started to eat, Ponyboy got an idea and snuck up behind Darry as he sat down on the recliner. He then smashed his cake down on the top of his head causing Soda to bust out laughing as Darry let out a holler of surprise, touching his head.

Ponyboy tried to run but Darry caught his wrist and picked him up.

"I'll skin you for that, Ponyboy!"

He then grabbed some of the cake off his head and smashed it into Ponyboy's face. It wasn't long before Soda was involved in the action. The three brothers were wrestling on the floor, covered in cake before Sodapop held Ponyboy's arms above his head while Darry tickle-tortured him.

"Stop!" Pony pleaded between laughs. "Stop!"

His pleas went ignored as Darry continuing tickling his ribs and sides. After a minute, he and Soda switched places as Darry held Pony's arms while Soda tickled him.

They continued this pattern for a few minutes, until Darry felt like Ponyboy had suffered sufficently and stopped.

"Alright, Pepsi, he's had enough." Darry said as he got up off him. Soda frowned but did what he was told as he pulled Ponyboy up. He was red faced and breathing deeply, but still in a good mood. It was all worth it just to see his brothers happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story