Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter One

by echeloncookie 3 reviews

Realizing Shannon had lied about loving her, Skyla has to warm up his cold heart while unconditionally loving Jared. **SEQUEL TO FINDING JARED** :)

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-03-18 - Updated: 2012-04-01 - 1043 words - Complete

5Exciting
A/N: I don't own the title; it's a song written and performed by Jared Leto. Also: this is a sequel to Finding Jared. Please READ THAT FIRST! http://www.ficwad.com/story/175094


HURRICANE

CHAPTER ONE

Skyla Miller woke up in a strange room. She sat on the edge of the bed and looked at her surroundings.

There were at least three comfy black velvet chairs in the middle of the room; the dresser, desk, a couple of filled bookcases and her bed were the only pieces of furniture in the room besides the chairs.

Skyla stood up and went over to sit on one of the plush chairs. She found George R.R. Martin's book 'A Game of Thrones' down in between the arm of one of them and the cushion and began reading.

A short while later she jerked her head up off the chair arm after she heard a loud thump. She looked down and saw that her book had hit the floor. She reached to pick it up and heard a soft rustle of clothes behind her. She turned around to see who was behind her.

“I got it,” Jared Leto said quietly. He handed her the book and sat down in the armchair across from her. “So how did you sleep?”

“Okay,” Skyla said. “The chair was a bit more comfy than the bed.”

“I know. I fell asleep in my chair last night by accident,” he told her with a grin.

Skyla watched him as he attempted to flirt with her, from picking her book up to the little grin he just gave her. She probably wouldn't like him the same way ever again, but it was hard to not have just the teensiest crush on him.

“What's that on your face?” Jared asked her. He leaned over her and she got a small whiff of his aftershave. She felt his fingers caress her right cheek.

“I-I don't know,” she stuttered, her heart beating really fast.

Jared grabbed her left hand and put it against her cheek. “It's from where you laid with your left hand pressed against your cheek!” he laughed. “Your rings left an indentation.”

Skyla felt herself trace the spot with her fingers. Jared's fingers were carefully guiding her way.

“It's right... here,” he told her, looking in her eyes.

Skyla felt herself lean forward and kiss him, softly. She leaned back and saw that Jared's breathing had become ragged; her adrenaline pushed her past the point of no return and she couldn't control her feelings any longer. She kissed him harder and longer.

“Stop,” Jared pushed her away. Skyla felt a pang of want and unease wash over her. “I-I can't do this. Not now.”

Skyla nodded her head meekly, and shrank back into her oversized chair. Jared got up and left. A few minutes later, Shannon came in and sat down beside her.

“I noticed that you and Jared are still... friendly,” Shannon told her. He had a look of distaste on his face.

“Yeah. Two people of the opposite gender can be friends, can't they?” she asked him.

Shannon stood up and walked out of the room. Skyla stood up and walked back over to her bed; she laid down on it and immediately felt a wave of grief wash off of her; she felt like she had reached her limit just then.

“What did Shannon want?” she heard Jared whisper beside her.

“Just to gloat, if you want to call it that,” she said.

“Us still being together is nothing to gloat about. It's just pure luck,” Jared told her from the doorway. He walked over and laid down on his stomach beside her. “Or pure love, if you want to call it that,” he whispered in her ear. She rolled over on the bed so that she was laying on her back; they were talking in low voices and no one could hear them.

“Why is Shannon being a pain in the ass?” she asked Jared quietly.

“Because I got you and he didn't,” Jared told her, softly stroking her right arm. “He wanted you for himself, but after awhile he just...” he trailed off.

“Changed his mind?” she picked up. She had cold chills from where his fingers were making their way on her arm and she loved it.

“Yeah.” Jared went over and sat down on one of the chairs. “He was cold to me this morning, too, you know.”

Skyla followed him. She felt sorry for Jared; knowing your own brother was mean to you for something you did was harsh, and totally out of line.

“I'll be back, okay?” she asked Jared.

“Yeah, sure,” he told her. He watched her walk out of the room and had to fight back a small moan.

Skyla half-skipped, half-ran to the bathroom and locked herself inside. While she was inside, she quickly brushed her teeth and her hair. She noticed her light auburn hair was becoming a more mousy brown color; she looked at her jade-green eyes in the mirror and noticed they were getting paler. She unlocked the door and tried to find her way back to her room. This house was brand new to her, and she didn't know one turn from the next. When she finally got back to her room, Jared was still there waiting on her and she was breathless from trying to find her room.

“I was wondering where you went,” he said jokingly.

“Haha,” she retorted. While she was walking over to sit down beside him in one of the armchairs, he grabbed her arm and steered her to where she was facing him. He grabbed her hips and pulled her toward him.

“You don't know how much I have wanted to do this since we, you know, got married,” Jared told her. He pulled her into the chair beside him and enveloped her in his arms as he began kissing her. That familiar electrical shock permeated them both. Skyla missed it and kissed him harder, running her hands down his chest. She pulled away for a small breath and looked in Jared's clear blue eyes.

“I'll be back, okay?” he told her. She just nodded and waited for his return.
Sign up to rate and review this story