Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)

Chapter 7

by early-sunsets 2 reviews

Mistaken identities, stoned teachers, and an outing to Starbucks.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-03-30 - Updated: 2012-03-30 - 1264 words

2Exciting
A/N: OHMYGOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!! GUYS MY LAST CHAPTER WENT GREEN GREEN! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT- THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!! Well as a thanks to you guys, here is the next chapter, and the next one will be up tomorrow :3 (because this one is not very interesting. At all.) oh, and this is Frank

Sat in tutor time, eyes drooping blissfully shut every now and then, I rest my head on the desk and allow my thoughts to drift. I still cannot get over last night.
Oh my fucking god. Why am I such a girl?
I was awake last night for ages just thinking about it, (alright maybe I jerked off too) and I smoked copious amounts of cigarettes nervously out of my little window. So all in all, I ended up having approximately 2 hours sleep.
Frank! Dude. Is that your guitar? We totally have to shred together, man!” Ray, who I found out is in my tutor this morning, is chatting away at me, seemingly unaware of my lethargy.
“Mmrph.” I lift my head reluctantly off of the desk.
“Are you even listening? Jeez, what time did you get home last night? I know it was probably a bad idea to watch movies on a Monday night but…”
“Couldn’t sleep.” I mumble vaguely.
The bell rings, which makes my head pound harshly, and I shuffle my way to Biology.
“Late. It’s your second day here, correct? Don’t make a bad first impression, Iero.” I do not reply, but just flop onto the stool next to Mikey, who also looks like he had very little sleep.
“Hey.” I begin softly, nudging him when he continues to frown off into space, his neat eyebrows knitted together.
“Huh? Oh. Frank, it’s you.” he looks slightly troubled, but I don’t press the issue.
“Who did you think it was? Morrissey?”
“That would have been better than your sorry ass.” he smiles.
“Iero! Way! If you don’t want to learn about amino acids you can get out of my classroom.”
We concurrently turn back towards the front and start taking notes. How, exactly, learning about biological proteins or some shit will ever help me in later life, I will never know.
Barely five minutes later and still bored out of my mind, I notice Mikey slyly pass a note across the table to me.
Doing anything tonight?
You asking me on a date ;)? I pass back jokily, waiting for his reaction.
He just raises his eyebrows and writes,
You wish, Iero. The guys usually hang around in Starbucks after school, wanna come?
Starbucks sounds great after the day I am having, and mom has to keep working late so I nod at him, and go back to staring at the clock and playing with my lip ring.
The lesson passes ludicrously slowly and I am sure the clock on the wall has some sort of vendetta against me, determined to keep me in Biology for as long as possible.
As soon as the bell rings Mikey and I dash out of the door towards Music. I have been itching to play all day, and my guitar is out of its case before you can say ‘acoustic’. I start playing immediately, sighing when I settle into Jinx which earns me an approving look from the teacher. Who, judging by her eyes and floaty movements, is a little stoned.
“Fuck, you’re good.” Mikey states while slipping the strap of his bass around his shoulder.
“Shut up and play with me.” I shoot back.
Another great lesson follows, the highlight when the teacher tries to slip out of the room unnoticed, but somehow ends up with her foot through the kick drum, swearing loudly.

*

“Frank, over here!” I hear Ray call, and spot my friends (wow, actual friends) in the darkest part of the shop, right at the back.
I nod over to them, but gesture towards the counter first. Fuck, I am dying for a coffee.
When I slide onto the chair opposite Gerard, he smiles at me and goes back to join their conversation about, well, superheroes it seems.
“I’m sorry, but Spiderman trounces Superman every time” Ray announces to Mikey, and apparently they have been debating this for a while, judging by Gerard’s exasperated expression.
“No, no, no. Can Spiderman fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Invulnerability? An Eidetic Memory?” Mikey argues animatedly, arms flying skyward in frustration.
Having no interest in this whatsoever, I decide to strike up a conversation with Gerard, my heart leaping pathetically when I get his attention and his eyes fix onto mine.
“So, what subjects do you do, anyway?” I mutter timidly and look away, hiding behind my coffee cup when a blush threatens to flush my cheeks. The bony hands that hold his coffee cup are covered with red and black smudges, and there is a crumbling streak of something red in his hair.
“Um, lets see. English, Maths, Chemistry, History and Art.” he says with a flourish, counting them off on his long, stained fingers. Ah. The latter would explain the (what must be paint) stains.
“Art, huh? You any good?”
Mikey joins in and cries “Yes!” at the same time that Gerard mumbles “No.”
“Oh.” seems to be the only response my intelligent brain can output right now. I desperately want to ask him about last night, but I get the feeling that here and now isn’t the right time to do it. Plus, hand-holding doesn’t mean anything… right?
“So… I hear you play guitar.” Gerard half-asks, breaking the silence.
“Yeah, it’s just a hobby, really” I mumble, my default response to anyone who asks me about it.
My knee starts to bounce nervously and I am desperate for a smoke, so I excuse myself from the table and jog outside, lighting up as soon as the cold autumn air assaults my lungs.
I am barely half way down the cigarette when Ray, Mikey and Gerard crash out of the shop, the first two panting with laughter, Gerard ashen-faced and huffing, with a very red left cheek.
“What the fu-” I start but get cut off by Gerard muttering “Don’t fucking ask.”
“That was- oh my God- that made my week.” Mikey gasps and I look at him questioningly.
“He- Gerard- oh hahahha….” Ray adds helpfully.
“Guys it wasn’t that fucking funny” Gerard growls venomously.
Still gasping for air Mikey eventually finds the ability to form actual sentences again.
“Right, so we just see Gerard’s ex-boyfriend striding in there, at which point, he comes over to us, starts yelling and slaps Gerard across the face because he never returned his… ha, fucking Lord Of The Rings pyjamas!” at which point he spirals into fits of laughter again, leaving me and Gerard standing awkwardly just watching them.
That is when I realise.
Mikey said boyfriend.
Gerard’s ex-boyfriend.
And I might just have to stop myself from vomiting with happiness.

A/N: Thanks again guys, this one is boring and a bit of a filler really, BUT TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THE NEXT ONE IS INTERESTING. VERY INTERESTING. AND IT SHALL BE UP TOMORROW. Rate and comment if you like, you deserve so much love and food because my last chapter went green. Seriously. (holy shit I still cannot believe it) I WANT TO REACH THROUGH MY LAPTOP SCREEN AND HUG YOU ALL. So yes, bare with me, the next chapter is a lot better ;) xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story