Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)

Chapter 6

by early-sunsets 3 reviews

Ray's movie night proves to be more interesting than one may think...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-03-24 - Updated: 2012-03-24 - 1470 words

5Funny
A/N: Bonjour. GUYS YOU GET SO MUCH PIZZA OMG. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR READING AND EVERYTHING :3 OMG AND THE LAST CHAPTER WAS RATED BY SOME WONDERFUL PERSON. This is from the viewpoint of the lovely Frank, and Ray's movie night commences...

I'm frowning at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, wondering when this damn eye pencil decided to hate me, then I realise its 5:30 and I only have half an hour to navigate my way to Ray’s. Shit.
As far as first days at school go, I think mine went pretty well. I mean, I actually made friends, and haven’t scared any of them off yet, and well y’know… I got to see Gerard.
I am gonna be really fucking late now if I don’t get my shit together, so I bound down the stairs and praise Jesus that mom works crazy hours, and is hardly ever home. I love her, and everything, but she would go mad and start asking questions if she knew where I was going, a mere 4 days after we moved in. I step out into the crisp evening air and groan. Rain pummels down relentlessly, making Jersey look even more grey and depressing than it already is. With steely determination, I grit my teeth and pull up my hood, my feet pounding the sidewalk before I flake out and decide not to go.
Ray’s house is not far, just a few streets down, but I get lost more than once and this fucking wonderful weather has made sure I feel damp right down to the bone. I finally get there at the same time as Mikey and Gerard, who did the sensible thing and took a car.
“Shit Frank, why did you walk? We live over the road from you! We were planning on giving you a lift!” Mikey calls over to me, getting out of their car. I just shrug, desperate to get inside.
All useful thought decides to vacate my brain when Gerard gets out of the car. The heavy rain has already made his t-shirt wet, his lips glisten, and when he glances at me raindrops fall from his long eyelashes in a beautifully uneven pattern. Scared of getting dangerously turned on right here in Ray’s driveway, I dive for his front door and knock furiously.
It opens quicker than I anticipated so I trip over the threshold and fall through the doorway, ending up sprawled on the floor of Ray’s hall, and a twisted ankle for my troubles.
I hear raucous laughter coming from Mikey as he steps over me into Ray’s hallway and shakes his hair so everything in a metre radius gets soaked. Gerard just politely shuffles around me and conceals his smile under his bangs. That’s when I notice Ray doubled over, shaking, still holding onto the door. I think he’s having a fit until he snorts, crying out in laughter at me still on the floor, too embarrassed to move.
I do have a tendency to be clumsy, but it’s not usually this severe. Or mortifying.
“C’mon mate” he extends a rough hand towards me and I grab it, pulling myself up and I slink down his hall towards a room with an open door and a blaring TV inside.
It’s untidy, small, and the bed is covered in a selection of the people from school earlier. I remember Matt, and obviously Mikey and Gerard, but there’s another kid, who nods in my direction when I step into the room. He is large, not fat but, muscular, I guess, with strawberry blonde hair and a lip piercing like mine. I decided to put my lip ring in to come to Ray’s, and now I’m glad I did, as somebody else has one, not just me.
Almost as if he read my mind, Ray comes up behind me and states “That’s Bob. He goes to the all boys school on the other side of town.”
“Hey, man” I nod to him, striding into the room and feeling pathetically happy when there is a me-sized space next to Gerard on the bed.
“Hello, Frank” Gerard almost whispers to me, as if he doesn’t want the other guys to hear, as I squeeze in between him and the bedpost. My heart races even faster when I feel his thigh pressed against mine.
“Alright?” I whisper back playfully, my shyness seems to have somehow mercifully dissolved, and I commend myself on my efforts to be more sociable. I unintentionally lean in closer to Gerard, and can’t help but notice he smells good. The combination of coffee and mint has a kick of musky cologne mingled with it. Before my thoughts can wander further into the realms of just how damn good Gerard smells, they are interrupted by Ray.
“Now everyone is here, we can commence our horror movie DVD night. I thought we would start with Night of the Living Dead, any objections? No? Good.” He doesn’t even pause for an answer before he slots the DVD into the player, shuts off the lights and flops down at the head of the bed next to Bob. It’s cramped with all six of us and a bowl of popcorn on here, but once I lose myself in the movie, I don’t care.
The film is at its climax and Gerard jumps minutely every time someone gets hurt, and I just find that adorable. I feel his muscles twitch next to mine, his fast frantic breathing, and I am still stupidly, incredibly happy to be squished up next to him. Suddenly, I feel a warm wrap of skin closing around my fingers, and it takes me a while to realise it is Gerard’s own hand. He is holding my hand.

Every cell in my body is screaming at me to do something, anything. But all my attention is focused towards the warm, sweaty hand that still encloses mine. We sit there, just holding hands for a few moments, until Gerard seems to suddenly realise what he is doing and tries to pull away. However, my body protests and all logical thought is gone (replaced by ridiculous, screaming, teenage girl hormones) so I squeeze his hand, silently reassuring him that it’s perfectly okay to hold my hand, if he wants to. Thankfully he relaxes and turns towards me a little, smiling.
We stay exactly like that, hands never breaking contact. I have absolutely no idea what Gerard’s motivation or reasoning is for this, but I’m not about to ask him.
The film is over all too soon, and when Ray snaps the lights on we simultaneously snatch our hands away from each other.
I have Gerard’s sweat on my hand.
Heee.
Would it be weird to lick my hand?
Yes, yes it would.
Bob yawns loudly and Mikey’s eyes are drooping, but I could not be more awake, completely unable to process what just happened.
Before my brain can melt and leak out of my ears in pure ecstasy, a knock on the door makes us all jump and a woman who can only be Ray’s mom, with hair almost identical to his pops her head around the door.
“Hello boys,” she chirps, her eyes sweeping over the room and then stopping when they get to me “oh! Who’s this then?”
“I’m Frank, Mrs Toro. The new kid.”
“Pleased to meet you. Now, who wants food?” she holds out 3 boxes of steaming take away pizza out towards us.
This is a stupid question to ask six teenage boys. We practically stampede towards her and shove each other roughly aside to grab at the pizza. What with all the hand holding and general excitement of the evening, I haven’t realised quite how hungry I am.
The 3 large pizzas have been reduced to mere crumbs and we all groan, almost too full to be able to concentrate on Psycho, which Ray just put into the player.

“Thanks for an awesome night, dude.” I hug Ray and wave goodbye as he closes his front door. Mikey and Gerard came out before me and have offered to give me a lift so I slide tentatively into their silver Subaru’s back seat, staring at the back of Gerard’s head for the entire ride home.

A/N: TA DA! Yeah okay it wasn't that good :L but I have been having a shit week so, comment? Rate? Tell me how to improve or whatever you feel like my lovelies :D THANK YOU SO MUCH OH GOD I LOVE YOU GUYS. HUM. VIRTUAL... BACON FOR ALL WHO DO THIS. Yes. You read correctly. Bacon.
Sign up to rate and review this story