Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Lost Empire

The Lost Empire

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

In a single day and night of misfortune, Atlantis disappeared into the depths of the sea.Join a group of determined explorers as they embark on the adventure of a lifetime to find it.*Audition story*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-03-27 - Updated: 2012-03-29 - 473 words

2Original
A tall, crimson haired young man sat hunched over an unsteady, cluttered wooden desk, his hazel green eyes focused determinedly on the many large, leather bound piles of books. He groans loudly and slams a faded red dictionary sized book shut and grabs for another with a pale hand, hoping against hope that this one would finally reveal the coveted information he had spent many years of his life searching for. After flicking through it for a few minutes, sighing and groaning ever now and then, he roughly shoves the ancient book aside, letting out a loud, frustrated moan.
It was no good, nobody would ever believe him without any solid proof, especially not the pompous, pig headed museum owners his job relied on him impressing at tomorrow mornings staff meeting.
The twenty seven year old got to his bare feet, finally giving up and regretfully, heart full of dread and disappointment, made his way out of his extensive library and into his cramped, untidy bedroom. He was greeted by a heavily overweight tabby cat that was staring back at him with bright green, narrowed eyes. Gerard swore that sometimes it felt as though Elena, his beloved pet could actually know what the failed songwriter and artist was thinking.
He collapses onto his unmade bed and pats the black bed sheet for Elena to sit, but being temperamental as ever, the fury little nightmare ignores him, strutting right past the bed and over to an old oak bookcase that stood proudly by the far wall. She meows softly and raises one scruffy paw to claw at the stained wood, before jumping atop the bookcase and causing a tilde wave of books and neatly stored papers and files that fell to the carpeted floor with a soft thump.
“Elena!” Her doting owner grumbles and begrudgingly gets up out of bed in order to clear up the silly beasts mess, allowing himself a small smile when he sees the worn, velvet cover of the book that sat on the top of the pile.
The Lost Empire, Atlantis the Truth Behind The Mystery By Elena Lee Rush.
His loving, sadly long deceased Grandmother had written that book months before her untimely passing the special dedication to her two grandsons only sparking the elder boy`s fascination in the watery myth further. It was because of her that Gerard had dedicated his life to trying to prove the existence of the lost civilisation, why the once raven haired boy longed to be able to find it and to prove all of the disbelievers, every last close minded person who had called him and her crazy, wrong.
Sighing once more, deciding to leave it till tomorrow to tidy up, Gerard lay back down in his lonely, silent bed and closed his eyes before falling into a dreamless sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story