Categories > Original > Drama > Playing in the shaddows

Will You Stay?

by scootah 0 reviews

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-03-30 - Updated: 2012-03-30 - 1653 words

0Unrated
Christopher walked me around the big house on the hill. The brightness was starting to hurt my eyes so he gave me sunglasses. We walked slowly through one of the hallways on the top floor.
“You know you can’t go back into the forest” He started. I looked at him. “He’s after you, and your power. You can’t keep creating that pool of blood either. It’ll lead him right to you” I ignored him and continued walking. He grabbed my arm and stopped me. “Amelia, listen to me. We’re just like you. I want you to be safe or things could get seriously gruesome. You can stay here with us. You’ll be safe, have food and you won’t have to always be watching out for him.”
“Why are you being so nice? I don’t know you. Yet you act like you’ve known me for your whole life.” I took the sunglasses off and stared at him. He didn't reply. “I’ll stay. But that doesn’t mean I won’t leave if I feel like it” I added. A slight smile crawled onto his face.
“Well, let’s go to your new room” he started walking again and then stopped at a door just a few meters away from where we were just standing. I walked slowly to him as he stood at the door smiling. The sun was gleaming on his blond hair that made it look bright and golden. He pushed the white door open. We walked into an average sized room with a white stained wooden floor, the walls were red and one was white, the curtains and bed covers were also red.
“We sort of figured it was your favourite colour” A girl’s voice spoke. A girl with bright blue hair and blue eyes smiled at me and stood next to Christopher, he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “I’m Nikki” she giggled a little. “Maybe I should find you some new clothes” Christopher smiled and then shook his head.
“Hmm. Charming.” I glared at her.
“Maybe a nice pink dress would do” She laughed and brushed her hair back. Christopher gave her a serious look as my eyes turned red. “It was just a joke”
“Bite me” I retorted and stopped my teeth from shooting out. “I think I’ve had enough of thing one and her bright blue hair and so called jokes” I crossed my arms and looked at them both. “What am I supposed to do now? Also Christopher since you know so much about me you have some explaining to do”
“So demanding. I wonder if that’s just the forest and unsociable life that you’ve been living” Nikki walked out the room. Christopher laughed then looked at me frowning at him and stopped.
“Well then, we sit on the balcony and I’ll explain” he led me to a glass door in the room and sat on one of the chairs on the balcony. I sat on the chair opposite him. “Questions?”
“Why is he after me and my power?” I asked.
“He is a demon. It’s what they’re all after, but he wants more and mostly yours” Christopher looked out at the driveway that the balcony was facing. I could smell the green grass and feel the heat from the sun. I could sense everything, hear everything, when I touched something I felt the history of it, I could see it all in my brain.
“What am I? Am I a demon” I continued. Breathing slowly the noises I heard began to hurt my ears. I swallowed and even that was a loud crash in my brain. I kept myself from wincing.
“No. We are Aetons. The full name for us is The Aeton Spiro. Aeton means Swift and Spiro means Spirit. Technically we are the swift spirits but we’re not in a way. We are immortal and may possess other mortal bodies. The form we are in just now is just a protection to mortal eyes. In our true Aeton form mortals cannot look at us without being blinded. We are nothing like the Demons other than the eyes and the claws. We are much more powerful than most of them. Our powers have been hunted down by Demons and also few mortal that have discovered our existence. You have yet to uncover all of your power Amelia” he stopped. I stared at him like he was speaking nonsense but I had seen and experienced things that I wouldn’t have believed before… before Cam.
“So we’re Aetons. Why can I get a background on everything I touch? Hear and see every specific detail? Everything is so specific and I can’t control it, it hurts, all the noises in my mind. All the knowledge” I said quietly. Christopher smiled.
“You’re getting The Senses” he whispered and took in a breath. I gave a puzzled look. The Senses? I thought. Nikki walked in with a bunch of pink clothing in her arms. I snarled and leaned on my elbow. Christopher stood up and took the clothes from her. “You know she won’t wear this” he said fingering the clothing. “Whose clothes are these?”
“I found them in one of the closets. They must be Grace’s old clothes until…she left. It’s all I can find. I didn't pick them on purpose. She’s skinnier than me so she won’t fit my clothes. I don’t know about the others but so far I don’t think Amelia and JJ don’t get along too well” The clothes disappeared from Nikki’s arms. My eyes widened. She smiled and then continued speaking with Christopher. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.
“Uggh” I moaned and sighed. Another person walked in. A girl with blond hair walked in smiling and held a bag in her hands. She looked at Christopher and Nikki and groaned then walked over to me and sat in the seat across from me. I looked at her. Her green eyes sparkled. “You’re a happy person” I said and smiled. I hadn’t smiled for a long time.
“Whoa, did she just smile?” Christopher stopped and turned to me. “Taylor how’d you do that?” he stared at me then smiled. I frowned at him and he turned back to Nikki.
“Ha, ha well I brought you some clothes. Better than that pink, frilly crap” She joked. I laughed a little and looked in the bag she handed me.
“Oh god it was pink and frilly!” I put the bag on the ground. “Thanks… Taylor?” She nodded.
“You’re Amelia huh? Tough life living in the darkness isn’t it. I think you’re going to like it here. You just have to get used to the brightness, stop being negative. Smile a bit more” she started and stood up. “You should get changed and come hang out with me down stairs. And by the way, ignore JJ she can be a brat sometimes. She’s my sister, I would know” she walked out. Christopher and Nikki stared at her walk out then looked at me with their jaws dropped.
“How the hell did she get you to smile? And laugh?” Nikki asked and exchanged looks with Christopher. “Chris she didn't use any tricks did she?”
Christopher shook his head with his eyes wide. “How?” he asked me.
I shrugged my shoulders. “She’s more open and friendly than you two. She was much more laid back. I mean you two are nice and all but just a bit serious right now” I stood up with the bag in my hands. “Can I get changed now? Leave” I said. They walked out of my room and shut the door. I closed the glass balcony door and put the bag on my bed.
It was going to take a lot more than one person to stop me from being negative and depressed. I couldn’t just change like that. I changed into dark skinny jeans and a red tank top. There was a note in the bag. It read…
Changing your look sometimes helps when you want to change your personality Amelia. Try doing something different with your hair. It could be fun?
Taylor x
I scoffed as I read the note. Not even Taylor could tell me what to do. I had spoken to her for about 5 minutes yet she was telling me what to do. I chucked the noted to a corner of the room. The sun was setting. I could feel it. The temperature was changing and the light was going to a different tone. I walked out to the balcony and climbed up onto the roof. The roof was cool and the smell from up here was fresh and calmed my whole body down. I walked slowly along the top of the roof and sat down above a different balcony that had the perfect view of the sun setting under the horizon. I heard every millisecond of the cool breeze against my face. I felt every particle touching every cell on the surface of my skin. I heard someone walk onto the balcony. He sat down and started to play the guitar. The sound was beautiful and soft. I looked down and saw him. His hair dark brown, his skin perfectly tanned and golden against the setting sun, I felt his passion for music. He knew I was there.
I let out a breath and he turned and looked at me. His eyes were a bright green/blue. They look natural but illusory and honest at the same time. I tilted my head a little as I looked at him. He slightly smiled and gave a trusting nod and walked back inside.
Sign up to rate and review this story