Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Somewhere In Between

Just Like That

by Lux 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2012-03-31 - Updated: 2012-04-01 - 646 words

0Unrated
Ever since then, Gerard stayed with me most days and nights. We spent all of our time with each other, hanging out at mine and he even encouraged me to go the ‘Lot for the first time in months. It was a warm summer evening and some younger kids were skating. We sat on the top of one of the higher ramps in the distance.
“You okay? You’re a little quiet.”
“I’m fine.” I whispered. “It’s just… You know. The memories. The night, when it all happened…”
“I know, I know. Do you wanna go back home?”
I shook my head.
“Gerard?”
“Hm?”
“Why did you bother, all that time ago, to come and ask me how I am? To come and see if I was okay?”
Gerard shrugged and turned his head to face mine. “I don’t know, in all honesty. I guess… I guess I just care about you - a lot. So I felt like I needed to be there for you.”
“But you didn’t really know me then at all.”
“I knew you well enough.”

A few minutes passed and I felt his hand slowly move towards me. I held my breath, feeling his hand gradually move on top of mine. My heart was beating hard in my chest as he used his thumb to gently stroke my knuckles.
I felt… Dizzy. And for the first time in months, I felt kind of happy. Kind of okay. And it was only ever when Gerard around.
I squeezed his hand in return, and closed my eyes.

*GERARD’s POV*

Fuck it. I’m gonna hold his hand.
I moved confidently and slid my fingers between his. I saw his eyelids flutter slightly, but they remained closed. I took a deep breath and relaxed a little. He never snatched his hand away.
I’d never realised just how beautiful Frank was until now. The slowly setting sun softened his features, giving him an innocent baby face. The gentle breeze moved his fringe in front of his shut eyes.
I leant over, until my face was just an inch or so from his, and with my free hand moved the hair from his face. He opened his eyes as if he expected me to be there, without moving or flinching. I looked deeply into them, my heart in my throat, as I edged just a tiny bit closer to him.
It felt like it was just us there in the ‘Lot. No one else existed or mattered. I could feel his breath against my face.
“Gerard…”
“Yes, Frank?”
“I want to go back home now.”
I swallowed and nodded and jumped to my feet. I laughed nervously and we walked briskly back to his place. He didn’t seem too affected. I hope I hadn’t scared him. I didn’t do anything though did I? I wanted to though. Badly.

We ordered a pizza, and decided to watch a movie on the huge TV in his living room. We slumped against each other, watching a slow and badly acted movie about a killer cop. About half way through the movie I noticed Frank hadn’t moved, or said much at all. I peered over to find he’d fallen asleep with his head on my shoulder and body against mine.
I took all of him in: the feeling of his body against mine, the softness of his hair, the way he smelt. I buried my nose softly against the top of his head, and in the heat of the moment planted a small kiss. I wasn’t sure if he’d actually feel it, seeing as I barely touched him, but as soon as I did he shifted and looked up at me.
“I’m going to go to bed.”
And he left me sat there, just like that.
Sign up to rate and review this story