Categories > Celebrities > AFI > A Thousand Scars

Davey's Calls

by ValentineRevenge 1 review

Davey attempts to fulfill his promise to Ashley. Instead, he is threatened with having a shoe up his rear, and almost murders his telephone.

Category: AFI - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Humor - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-04-02 - Updated: 2012-04-03 - 1145 words

0Unrated
True to his word, Davey had contacted the other members of the band.

"Aww, come on!" He yelled, slamming down the phone so hard that he swore that the base probably cracked. Then, to add onto his unfortunate situation, his next-door neighbor, the toerag whose name Davey couldn't be arsed to remember, and had no inclination to remember either, decided to throw open the door, and waltz in like he owned the fucking place, unannounced. "Dr. Marchand, is everything okay in here?" The toerag asked, raising an eyebrow at the singer. Was his tattoos showing again? He hoped not!

"No, no, everything's fine."

"Then why did I hear a crash?"

Just leave it up to that asshole to be all up in other people's business. I was wearing underwear when I left the house this morning, so I don't fucking need you up my goddamn ass! Davey thought flippantly, directing his frustration towards the man in front of him. The ugly, balding, graying, obese, scum of the earth standing in front of him who he would like to beat the living daylights out of and leave to die in a pit filled with- "Ahem!"

Oh joy, it coughed. Does this mean it's going to die soon?

"Sorry about that, I got lost in thought for a moment. And as far as the crash, I accidentally dropped the telephone."

"DO you get lost in thought all that often?"

Now it was peering over its glasses at him. "No, I just didn't get much sleep last night."

"Is this a normal thing for you? Because there's medication for that, you know Yeah, there seems to be meds for everything. Are there any meds to make you stop being such a stupid bastard? Davey's thoughts drowned out the rest of the man's sentence.

"No, it's not a normal thing, the neighbor's dog wouldn't stop barking. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some work to get on with." The singer said, making a half-hearted wave at the folders on his desk.

"Alright then, good to see such an enthusiastic young man!" The toerag said, leaving the room. Poor Davey nearly threw up at this last comment however.

But back to the reason that he had nearly broken the crappy ass phone?

Four failures in a row.

He'd started with Jake.

"Hey Jake?"

"Hey, Davey!" Jake had sounded pretty upbeat.

"How's life treating you?"

"Pretty good, and yourself?"

"Great, thanks. Hey man, I have a favor to ask outta you."

"Well ask away then!"

"Would you be willing to put up with Ashley for a week or so?"

There was a sigh, before Jake said, "Listen, I don't know if he's told you already or not, but I've already made it clear that I don't want to be a part of his self-destruction anymore."

"Oh. Sorry about that, I didn't know you already told him."

"Eh, not your fault, you didn't know. Just don't ask again."

"Ok. Bye, then."

"Bye."

Davey had hung up. That still left 3 other people, maybe 4. Depends on whether they could get CC to agree on it. Sure, he wasn't in the band, but whatever, he was still a techie or whatever, right? He usually filled in for Sandra whenever she was unable to perform...

After several tries, Davey finally got through.

"Who the fuck is this?!?" Was the first thing out of CC's mouth.

"Davey Havok."

"Well, I was fuckin' sleepin'!"

"I'm so sorry, I had no idea. I thought that you would already be awake since it's noon."

"Whatever dude. And whatever you wanted to call me up to harass me over better be fucking good or else you're getting a size 11 shoe up your ass, got it?"

"Well, I'm not sure if it's good, but it's important..." Davey said, unsure of whether he would have to run like hell or be left with a shoeprint on his derriere.

"If it's more important than my fuckin' sleep, then just spit it out!"

"Long story short, Ashley-" was as far as he was able to get before CC interrupted with

"Fuck no! Fuck no! Do you fuckin' hear me over there? I said fuck no! Fuck to the no! If you do anything, I'll scream rape! R-A-P-E! Cuz ya did something even after I told yo skank ass no!"

Before Davey was able to get a word in edgewise, he was promptly hung up on, and was forced to remove the headpiece from his traumatized ear. When CC was hungover, and woken up, he sure was a loud, bitch son of a gun! "Three more fuckers." So far, this morning wasn't going well...

When he called Jinxx up, it was only slightly better than with CC. The biggest difference was that his ass wasn't threatened by shoes, and he wasn't cursed out nearly half as much.

"Heya."

"Whosit?"

"Davey Havok."

"Whaddaya want?"

"I was wondering if you'd be able to do me a favor?"

"Watsit?"

"I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me with Ashley."

"Nah, dude...Just nah...I fuckin' told him dude..."

"Alright. Sorry for waking you up." Davey said, hanging up, to allow the other to sleep off his hangover. Then, he called Sandra.

"Hi, Sandra!"

"Hi, Davey."

"Haven't spoken to you in a while. How;ve you been?"

"Eh, life's ok, how about yours?"

"Great, thanks. Hey, I was wondering if you could do me a favor?"

"Maybe. What is it?"

"I was wondering if you could take care of Ashley for like a week."

"Listen, Davey, I'm sorry, but no. I don't know if he's told you, but I told him to please not come back asking for my help until he kicks this habit. I don't hate him, I love him to pieces in fact. He's like a brother, but the thing is, I just can't sit here and see him tearing himself apart piece by piece, and knowing fully well that there isn't a single thing I can do to stop him."

"No, he didn't mention anything to me about it. In fact, he didn't even ask about me calling you, I was the one who said that I'd do it." He hoped that the lie wouldn't read through his voice. He never was a good liar.

There was a moment of silence, before Sandra said, "Alright."

"Sandra, I'm sorry that I had to bother you with this. If I had known that you'd already made your mind up about it, I wouldn't have wasted your time."

"It's fine. Just leave it at that, alright?"

"Alright."

Then, she had hung up.

That was the incident that had led Davey to trying to murder his poor phone. But now, he realized, there was one last option left before he was stuck trying to rip his hair out by the roots. The man known as Andy Six.
Sign up to rate and review this story