Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Dream

The Haircut

by RAWRsaysRabidMissile 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-08 - Updated: 2012-05-27 - 700 words - Complete

1Moving
I stood in the bathroom, clutching the edge of the sink as if I'd fall if I let go. I stared at myself in the mirror and sighed, pushing the hair out of my face. My eyelids were dark from lack of sleep and my skin was drained of all color. I focused on my eyes, comparing them to Frank's. His were beautiful and full of life whereas mine made me appear dead. My hair fell into my eyes, breaking my concentration. Glaring at the mirror, I cursed quietly. I knew last night had been a dream. Not one of the horrible ones, but it still pissed me off. Frank had cuddled with me. Like anything of the sort would ever happen in reality. Was my brain just trying to torture me? Drive me mad? It was a dream... right?

Of course it was.

I pushed my hair back once more and frowned. I noticed a pair of scissors laying on the counter. I picked them up and studied my hair in the mirror. It was getting long and annoying. Messing with my train of thought. It was almost growing by the second. It had been to my nose. Now it was to my chin. But I had to have been imagining it.

Bringing the scissors to my fringe, I snipped off a few strands carefully. I watched the clumps of hair fall to the floor and jumped slightly as I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

Frank's face smiled at me in the mirror.

"Hey Gee, nice haircut. It suits you." He rested his chin on my bare shoulder and my heart skipped a beat. I turned around to face him. I wanted to caress him. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to...

I felt myself raising the scissors instead. Yes. That was more fitting. A better idea. Do it, Gerard. Do it.

Before he could react, I stabbed him in the throat. I didn't bother repeating the action. I didn't feel like hacking. Instead, I wrenched the blades apart and twisted sharply in order to do the most damage. His eyes widened as he choked for breath. I wanted it to hurt, so I pushed them in harder and closed the blades. A panicked gurgle escaped his mouth as blood bubbled from his throat. I pulled the scissors out and he crumpled to the floor, twitching and pressing his fingers to his neck. I stepped over his twitching body and went back to bed.

I woke up with Frank's arms wrapped around my waist. I screamed and lunged backwards, the dream still fresh in my mind. His arms were tight like a vice around me and I couldn't break his grasp. But he woke to my scream and instantly detached, eyes wide and fearful.

"Gerard! What the fuck, you nearly gave me a heart attack!"

I stared at the wall, silent.

"G-Gerard... are you okay?" Frank looked into my eyes, frowning.

Eyes wide, I still couldn't find my voice.

"Answer me. You're starting to freak me out."

My voice failed me once again.

That's when Frank slapped me. It didn't hurt, but it sure as hell snapped me out of my shocked state.

"OW!"

"That's more like it." He hugged me tightly and murmured against my neck. "Bad dream?"

"I-I... uh, yeah."

"What did you dream?"

"Just um... I can't remember now." I cringed at my horrible lie, and he let go, getting out of the bed.

"When you remember, let me know," he said quietly as he walked out of my room.

"Frank, wait!" I jumped out of bed quickly, getting tangled in the bedsheets and falling to the floor.

Frank walked over and helped me stand up, sighing.

"I'm sorry, Frank. It's just not a dream I'd like to revisit."

"There's the truth," he grinned. That smile. That forgiving smile, as if all had been forgotten.

"Yeah..." I shook my head as if to clear all the bad things from my mind.

"Let's go get some coffee, shall we? Help you forget that horrible dream."

We walked to the kitchen together, the mood quite a bit lighter.

The dream forgotten.

For now.
Sign up to rate and review this story