Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Restless Heart Syndrome.

Chapter 12.

by BJAisgod 4 reviews

Mikey and Gerard go to Frank's.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-13 - Updated: 2012-04-14 - 1462 words - Complete

0Unrated
Sooooo, this be chapter twelve and it's not the final chapter, but the next one is. This story is almost over -sigh- but anyway, I hope you like where I go in this chapter, please R&R. Enjoy.
Boo.xo


Gerard and Mikey did have that Star Wars marathon, but they only got through A New Hope before they decided they should call it a night. After that, it was still two hours before Gerard fell asleep, he kept replaying every word Mikey had said about Frank in his mind. He didn't bring it up again when they were watching Star Wars, he didn't want to ruin things. Hope still filled him though, hope that everything would work out for the better and they could all get along. It sounded cheesy but, maybe it was true.
'Gerard?' he heard Mikey call faintly from the hallway. 
'Hey Mikes, come in,' Gerard responded. The door opened and Mikey walked into the spare room, his glasses slightly crooked and his hair still ruffled from sleep.
'Morning Mikey, what time is it?' Gerard asked, smiling at his younger brother. Mikey smiled back.
'About half nine. When do you think we should head over to Frank's?' he asked. 
'About half ten, elevenish should be good.' Mikey walked back towards he door.
'Cool,' he replied, 'I'll make us a coffee.'
'Thanks,' Gerard said, getting out of bed to help his brother, following him into he kitchen.
'You seem eager. To talk to Frank, I mean,' Gerard said, cautiously. Mikey shrugged.
'I don't like this conflict anymore than you do and besides, he makes you happy and I want you to be happy, I really do. The balls in his court now.' Gerard smiled at his younger brother as he got mugs down from one of the cupboards.
'Thanks Mikey, it means a lot.'

On the drive to Frank's, Gerard was restless. He couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if everything went wrong. Mikey could decide he still hates Frank and Gerard either stays with Mikey and loses Frank or goes with Frank and loses Mikey, he might even lose both of them. He feels a metallic, sick feeling work it's way into his stomach as he tells Mikey to turn left, driving right up to Frank's apartment. He can't stop shaking his left leg up and down as nibbling on his fingernails. 
'Here?' Mikey asks, pulling up to Frank's apartment block. Gerard nods, noticing how calm Mikey seems to look. 
'Calm down,' Mikey says, parking the car, 'it's not world war three.' Gerard swallowed.
'Knowing you, it might well be,' he replied. Mikey raised an eyebrow at him before getting out of the car, Gerard doing the same.
'Can you remember which flat it was?' Mikey asked. Gerard nodded.
'Flat twelve, third floor.' 
They climbed the steps in silence, which just made Gerard fell worse, his stomach beginning to churn as he realised how close they were to Franks flat. Mikey was right though, he didn't know why he was so scared. They were just three adult men, having a rational discussion. Yeah, that's definitely all it was; but his heart rate still doubled when he laid eyes on the door to Frank's apartment. As the two brothers approached the door, they realised something was wrong. It was ajar, just a couple of centimetres, but still open. Gerard turned to face Mikey who looked back at him, his forehead creased in confusion.
'Why is the door-' Gerard began to say, but Mikey nudged it lightly, causing it to open nearly all the way. The memories of Friday night came flooding back to Gerard, his mood momentarily lifting at the thought of the wonderful night he spent with Frank.
'Frank?' Gerard called. Silence came as his reply. He turned to Mikey, who just shrugged, and then walked into the living room. 
His heart skipped a beat and his stomach dropped at what he saw.
Frank was lying, unconscious, on the ground in a pile of his own sick. The bitter smell filled the air, so strong it corrupted the tastebuds just as it did the nostrils. There was the remains of a white powder and a rolled up dollar on the table, making Gerard's heart clench. Frank still had a bottle of whiskey clutched in his hand, to go with the many others scattered on the table and the floor around him. Gerard's heart ached as he stared at Frank on the ground. He felt as if his whole world, his hopes, had come crashing down around him. Everything wasn't going to be okay, not this time, not ever. Not with Frank, at least.
He turned to look at Mikey who had look of slight disgust on his face and began to tear up. The one chance he had for everything to be wonderful for once and things were just fucked up again. He couldn't be with Frank now, not of he'd got back onto the drugs. He couldn't trust him.
'Shall we, shall we wake him up?' Gerard asked Mikey quietly. The younger Way nodded in response.
'Get me a wet towel to clean him with, then,' Gerard said. Mikey merely nodded again and walked towards the kitchen as Gerard knelt down next to Frank. He nudged the unconscious man slightly.
'Frank,' he said, softly, 'Frank, wake up.' He nudged a little harder but Frank remained unconscious.
'Frank!' he yelled, giving the man a sharp jab to the shoulder, anger beginning to form. Frank began to stir, moaning slightly, his eyes moving behind his eyelids. Gerard shoved him lightly again and he blinked his eyes open, immediately squinting from the light. 
'Frank, you need to wake up, it's Gerard.' Frank looked towards Gerard and his slightly bloodshot eyes began to focus.
'Gerard?' he questioned, voice hoarse, 'what are you doing here?' Gerard sighed.
'I'm here with Mikey, we came to talk to you but it looks like you're a little unfit for that.' Gerard could see the realisation hit Frank as he sat up slowly, lifting his head from the vomit and a light blush working his way into his white cheeks. 
'Gerard, I-I'm s-' 
'Save him the bullshit, Frank,' Mikey said, passing a wet towel to Gerard who gestured for Frank to sit up fully.
'I am sorry though,' Frank said quietly as Gerard began to gently wipe the sick from his face. Mikey scoffed. 
Gerard looked into Frank's eyes with pain and sadness consuming his own.
'Why didn't you just leave me here? Why are you cleaning me up?' Frank asked, voice still quiet and rough.
'You know the answer to that question, Frank,' Gerard replied, equally as quiet.
'Say it,' Frank whispered. Gerard shook his head and a tear rolled down Frank's cheek.
'I thought, I mean, I know Mikey hates me, so I thought you wouldn't...come back,' Frank tried to explain.
'So you thought you'd go and get high and wasted, yeah?' Gerard asked, an edge to his voice. Frank looled down, Gerard still cleaning the sick from his head.
'It was so I could forget, to help me feel better.' 
'Did it?' 
'No,' Frank whispered. Gerard stopped cleaning the sick away, having got rid of it all, and turned Franks head to face him. He placed a gentle kiss to the smaller mans lips, still tasting the sick and alcohol.
'I love you,' he whispered before standing up and turning to face Mikey, 'but you've made one mistake too many.'
'Gerard, please,' Frank begged.
'No,' Gerard said, turning back to face Frank on the floor, 'first you abused my brother for years and then you go and get absolutely wasted and use drugs, the thing that caused you to make the first mistake anyway.' Frank's eyes were pleading with Gerard to stay, beginning to overflow with tears.
'I said I was sorry for what I did to Mikey,' Frank tried to argue, 'and I won't do this again, ever. I promise.' Gerard could feel his heart breaking in his chest, a splitting pain consuming him, but looking down at Frank and everything around him, he just couldn't stay. 
'Once an addict, always an addict,' he whispered. Frank reached out a hand.
'Gerard I'm not an addict, I'm not-' but he stopped as Gerard and Mikey turned and walked towards the front door. 
They just barely heard Franks 'I love you too' before they closed the door behind them and walked out of Frank's life, for good.
Sign up to rate and review this story