Categories > Original > Horror > Angel Moon

The Sly Fox and The Curious Cat, Cassandra

by Nemo_xo 0 reviews

Cassandra's POV. Kellin is missing and Zane is using scare tactics.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-15 - Updated: 2012-04-15 - 573 words - Complete

0Unrated
Play: Stray Cat Strut ~ The Stray Cats

Lightning cracked across the sky, waking me with a jolt. My heart settle back down into my rib cage again as I took a deep breath in, reaching for Kellin. But the fluffy cat was no longer on my bed. I lifted up the quilt, making sure he wasn't hidden at my feet.
"Kellin... Kel..." I called around my room, but to no avail. I shuffled out of bed, heading to the door and opening it just a little. I could hear him hiss, agitated yowls echoing in the halls. My stomach lurched, and I ran out into the dim light. "Kellin!" I shouted, sound bouncing off the walls. The ginger cat sprang at me out of the darkness, his claws ripping at my arms. "Kellin! Kellin, jesus christ!" I snapped, holding him until he was still. His tail twitched back and forth, and I let him go, half tossing him into my room and shutting the door. The source of Kel's agitation came hissing out of the darkness, fangs bared. Zane stopped dead when he caught sight of me, a little embarrassed. He straightened up, giving a little cough as his fangs retracted and disappeared. I glared at him, arms folded.
"He's yours? I apologise, I thought he was stray." He said cooly, green eyes on the scratches all over my fore arms and the tear in my dressing gown.
"Yes, well. Now you know better. Now good night." I snapped, and he instantly questioned me, frowning.
"What are you doing in a place like this?" he muttered, intrigued. He folded his arms, thinking.

"Pardon?" I asked, only vaguely interested, I wanted my sleep. I turned my back on him, hand on the door handle.
"What is a human doing in a castle full of blood sucking vampires?" he said rhetorically, "One, by the seems, who has been living here for a while and is also quite comfortable with said blood suckers. I just find it amusing."
"I've lived here since I was a child, if it's any of your business. Why would I be afraid of my family?" I frowned, looking back at him over my shoulder.
"Not all vampires are as... civilised as your family. Most of them a lot more ruthless." He flashed his fangs, grinning as he ran the tip of his tongue over his teeth. "Aren't you afraid of me?" His left eyebrow raised in amusement.
"Not really." I muttered, a small smile making the corners of my mouth twitch. Fangs away again, he smiled back, and then muttered,
"I always fancied the idea of a human mate, you know. But they were all afraid of me once they knew." I saw the slight glow in his eyes that came from reminiscing.
"Oh, really... What happened to them then?"
"I killed them." he smirked, a darkness took his eyes for a moment as there was a little flash of the sinister in his character. I had guessed that this would be his answer, whether it was true or not, in another attempt to scare the living daylights out of the poor defencless human. My face betrayed nothing. "And well, apprently you're not scared..."
"Yes, well, good luck with that." I snapped and slammed my bedroom door in his face. "And stay away from my cat." I called as I got into bed, Kellin hidden under it and still hissing wildly.
Sign up to rate and review this story