Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Illusion

How Life Has Changed

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 0 reviews

This chapter isn't so much part of the story as just Mikey, Gerard and Frank think about how their lives have changed over the last few months, and what's coming for them in the future.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-16 - Updated: 2012-04-16 - 1205 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mikey’s POV

It’s been 3 months now, since I told Frank to tell Gerard about his feelings, and I’ve never seen my brother or Frank this happy, It makes me feel happy knowing that after all the time they ‘hated’ each other and they both had a void inside them, that them coming together made them feel complete, I like to think it’s thanks to me, because if it wasn’t for me, and if I wasn’t Frank’s best friend since he arrived at the school two years ago, He’d never know Gerard as my brother, he’d never know me and he’d never know Gerard for who he really is, he’d never have gotten to know him and he’d never have fell in love, he’d still be hurting himself and Gerard would still be hurting him, it amazes me how quickly time has passed, I’ve never seen them argue or even disagree over anything. The nicest thing though is that they’re not rushing into things, they spend a lot of time together but give each other one or two days a week to do their own thing, and they’ll go out together to do something like shopping and it will have turned into a date at the cinema or something, as far as I’m aware they haven’t slept together yet and although I don’t want that kind of mental image I think it’s nice they’re taking their time, most people in their position would probably just jump straight into each other’s pants, but they’re waiting. Schools good too, since we came back after new year and the Christmas holidays, Gerard is still hanging out with Frank and I, but that’s mainly because Frank and Gerard are inseparable, Frank doesn’t get shoved into lockers or beaten up because even though Gerard’s former ‘gang’ has a new leader their still shit scared of Gerard, so they steer clear of us, sometimes I wonder, But things could happen, things could turn for the worst, I pray they don’t but I keep an open mind that they could, which is something I know they aren’t doing, they act like they’ll be together forever, and I hope they are I really do, but something could happen, not that I want it to, but there’s always the possibility.

Frank’s POV

Quite frankly if you asked me how I felt about Gerard Way 9 months ago I’d most likely say ‘he’s a horrible, vain, irritating, prick and I hate him’ but now that’s completely different, seeing deeper into his world and his life opened so many doors for me, it allowed me to be his friend and now to be his boyfriend, To go from thinking you hate someone to loving them in under a year seems pretty fast, but I’d known Gerard for much longer, I’d known Gerard ever since I met Mikey, when he used to tell me stories about his amazing older brother. I never used to see it myself for obvious reasons, but now, I see him in a completely different light, and I don’t even remember the guy that used to attack me at school, he’s a completely different person, and I love him, I’m not one for letting myself into situations where I could get hurt, but after Hayley I guess I was like ‘why the hell not’ I mean I was being hurt physically anyway, why not add some mental trauma to that? But it’s all changed drastically, I’m not sad, or alone, or hopeless and hating the world because it’s ugly and cruel, I’m happy and the world is still ugly but I have and amazing best friend that makes it that little bit less dark, and an amazing boyfriend who makes my life beautiful. Gerard and I are taking things slowly, we know our relationship and our feelings came as a shock to each other and kind of crash landed uninvited, so we’re getting used to it, building our relationship further before we take the next step. I’ve moved all of my stuff into my parent’s room after I decided it was time to stop holding on to the past, I’ve redecorated and my old room is now Mikey’s room if he ever stops over. Gerard really helped me get to grips with the fact I’d lost my parents, there was always this sadness inside of me, like a void that I couldn’t fill when they died, but he helped me, he showed me that Mikey, his Mom and himself were my family and although it may not be through blood the bond is just as strong. My mom was right, Love Is Stronger than Everything. Oh and Did I Mention? He Bought Me a Dog!

Gerard’s POV

Being with Frank is incredible, to think I used to beat the shit out of him still really hurts me and he knows it does, but I’m not that person anymore, I’m the real me, not the person I was pretending to be, the person I wanted everyone to like, because now I didn’t care who else liked me as long as my brother knew I loved him and I had Frank that’s all I care about, so kick me to the curb and spit in my face, but I’ll always have two amazing people that you never will. I’ve never been so happy, my constant void is filled by Frank and expressing myself through art again feels amazing. But me and Frank, we’re something else, we watched a rom-com once and I felt like laughing at it because I knew Frank and I were even more than that, those perfect couples you see on TV, we’re better than that, we’re stronger. I remember one day about a week before Valentine’s day Frank was really sad I don’t know why and neither did Mikey, he just seemed really down and I hated it, so I bought him a puppy, I know it sounds stupid like ‘my boyfriend was sad, so I bought him a dog.’ But it made him happy, he named the dog Houdini, and Houdini lives at Frank’s house, because my mom refused to keep him at home. Frank’s changed his house around, so now his room is his parents old room, which means if ever I stop over there’s a lot more room in the bed, although we still lie quite close together, it just means there’s less chance of Frank falling out of bed…again. But I’m happy with Frank, happier than I’ve been in a long time, I genuinely can’t remember the last time I was this happy. And that scares me slightly I guess. I mean its March now, I’m turning 19 soon. I need to let go of the past like Frank has, because the futures coming faster than I could imagine.
Sign up to rate and review this story