Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Illusion

Get over the Past, The Futures Coming Fast...

by BitterLoveBlackHeart 0 reviews

Gerard gets a letter...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-04-16 - Updated: 2012-04-16 - 1677 words - Complete

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV

It was one of the rare days when Frank isn’t around, he’s ill and refuses to let me go over and see him in case it’s contagious. He even took his spare house key off me in case I came round during the night, which I would have. I don’t like not seeing him, and what’s worse I don’t like not helping him when he’s ill, he’s been like this for 3 days, although Mikey says he’s been sounding a lot better over the phone. It was after another Frankless day at school and I was in the kitchen drinking my coffee as I usually do when Mom came into the kitchen with a huge beaming smile on her face. “Sweetheart your letter came!” she said cheerily, I was completely confused, why did I have a letter? “What letter mom?” the smile on her face dropped slightly. “Your letter From the New York Academy of Art…you sent your application about a year ago…” Oh my god, my letter, I’ve been waiting a year for this, I actually forgot I applied. I guess being caught up with Frank and Mikey last year it just slipped my mind. I walked over to mom eagerly and she handed me the letter, I tore open the envelope and read in anticipation.

Dear Mr. Gerard Way,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the New York Academy of Art at the beginning of the next school year. It is very important that you take time to read the enclosed material, which may list any restrictions on your admission. This information will also help to facilitate your enrollment at the academy.

You need to indicate whether you accept this offer of admissions by April 15th. You may contact us my email at the address found at the bottom of the material. It is important that you note if we do not receive direct notification from you, registration material will not be produced. If we receive your notification, registration materials will be sent to you approximately two weeks before classes begin.

If you have any problems or questions related to beginning your studies with us, please contact the program office in you discipline for advisement. We shall make every effort to be of assistance.
We are looking forward to having you with us.

Sincerely,
Taylor York
Director of Admissions

“Shit…” was the only word I could mutter, my mother placed a hand on my shoulder “What did it say sweetie?” she asked softly, I looked at her and then back to the letter “I…I got in…” suddenly I had her arms wrapped around my neck and she was hugging me tight enough to suffocate me. “Oh Gerard that’s wonderful! Let me go and tell Mikey!” she pulled back from the hug and went to find Mikey “No. mom, I want to tell Mikey…” she nodded the corners of her mouth practically touching her ears and then she went to make some tea, I went upstairs to find Mikey who was sitting on his bed playing his bass, he saw me come in and put it down “What’s up Gerard?” I handed him the letter and he scan read it, I sat down beside him on his bed and he looked at me “That’s great, but what are you going to tell Frank?” I looked at him confused “what do you mean?” Mikey handed me back the letter and got off the bed to close his bedroom door “I mean, the plan was if you got into that college you’d go and live with Aunt Mel in New York.” He sat beside me again and sighed “…look Gerard I know you don’t want to leave Frank, and I don’t want you to leave either, but the fact is if you stay, it’ll be too expensive to keep going from here to New York every day of the week, and you know moms only just clinging onto her own job by the skin of her teeth…” I nodded and he placed a hand on my back “So what are you going to tell him?” he asked again, I sighed and shrugged “I don’t know, what am I supposed to say, ‘Hi Frank I’m moving to New York to live my dreams without you bye!’ I don’t think I could do that too him, and more to the point I don’t want to have to do it without him…” Mikey started to rub his hand up and down my back to comfort me, “Plus he won’t let me talk to him face to face until he’s better…” I trailed off Mikey then stood up and walked over to his dresser and pulled open a draw, once he’d rummaged for about 3 minutes he came back over and sat beside me handing me a key. “Frank told me not to let you have it, but he needs to be told, and if you don’t tell him now he’ll think you’ve been keeping it from him…” I took it from him slowly and nodded. He was right, Frank needed to know, I just didn’t want to hurt him, I never want to hurt Frank, I was worried he’d hate me for leaving. But I got up and went to leave the room when I got to the door I turned to Mikey “Thanks Mikes…” I muttered, he nodded for me to go and I did, I grabbed my coat and left for Frank’s house.

Frank’s POV

After the microwave made it’s little ‘ding’ sound to tell me my leek and potato soup was ready, I pushed the button and the door popped open, I took the bowl out slowly and blew gently at the thick liquid it contained, I grabbed a spoon and went to curl up on the couch to watch more reruns of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, I know it’s traditional to have Chicken soup when you’re ill, but hey vegetarians can’t eat that shit, it’s horrific what they do to those chickens, I mean they’re so cute…I want a chicken. I snapped out of my chicken thoughts when I sat on the couch and Houdini jumped up next to me, I love Houdini he’s the cuddliest dog ever, he always makes me smile.

I’d been watching Buffy for about 20 minutes when the front door opened. “Who the fuck is that?” I shouted without moving from the couch. “It’s a fucking murderer.” The voice replied, a voice I hadn’t heard in days. Gerard. “Gee, what are you doing here, I told you I’m sick, I don’t want you to catch anything…” he walked into the room ignoring me and kissed my forehead. “I’ve missed you…” he whispered, he sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me. “I’ve missed you too Gee, but what’s up? You seem worried…” I trailed off slightly and Gerard pulled away from the hug. “I need to tell you something…” I turned off the TV and turned to face him properly “What’s up?” he looked at me and smiled weakly “Well, I got into an art college…” he trailed off slightly “That’s great!” I said cheerily, but Gerard’s eyes were fixated on the worn leather of the couch. “But?” I asked, he sighed lightly “But it’s in New York, and money’s tight, so I’m going to have to move to New York and live with my Aunt Mel…” my cheeriness faded, I didn’t want Gerard to leave, what was I meant to do? I mean I knew he was leaving school soon but, I didn’t expect him to move state! I mean New York is far away, I mean further away than it is to Gerard’s house from here, I’d hardly ever see him, I mentally slapped myself, I need to get a grip, this is Gerard’s life, this is his dream and my god I’m not being the person to hold him back. “Gerard…” I whispered, He looked up and me with tears in his eyes, I placed a hand on his freezing cold face and smiled “I want you to go to New York. Yes I’m upset you’re leaving but I want you to live out your dreams, I’m not going to hold you back, I love you and you know that. I’ll support you through ever decision you make because I know you’d do the same for me. We’ll just have to make the most of the next few months.” Gerard smiled and pulled me in for another hug “I love you so much!” he whispered, I kissed him on the cheek and pulled away “Now get the fuck out before you get ill.” I stated, he laughed and stood up, “I’ll call you later” he said softly before walking to the door and leaving.

Gerard’s POV

I was walking home feeling kind of guilty; I didn’t want to leave Frank here, I didn’t want to leave anyone for that matter, my life was in Jersey, but my dreams were in New York, I don’t want to look back at this point in 20 years and regret my actions, I will go to New York, but I’m going to come back as often as I can. I’m not going to let my dreams ruin my chances of being with Frank or being with my family. I’m going to make the most of the next few months with Frank. Because being away from him when I’m in New York will be torture.


AN: hey guys, reviews and rates would be nice hehe, hope you're enjoying it ^-^ xoxo
Sign up to rate and review this story