Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

Hats Off To The Bull

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

All I knew was that I was sitting on the couch with Gerard Way, son of Lucifer watching the 80’s classic horror movie

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-22 - Updated: 2012-04-23 - 3287 words

1Ambiance
Valon’s Prov

I sat on the couch when Mr. Iero stumbled in though the front door. He had a beer in his hand and his head was tilted to the side, very clearly drunk. He slammed the door before glaring at me. “guuuu!” he slurred, falling forward but catching himself on the wall. “its all gurrr fult! He’s….he’s dead cause ov guuu!!!”

I stood up quickly, eyes wide completely unsure of what he was talking about. “Who? I don’t know what your talking about!”

He stumbled over to me and threw his beer bottle, hitting me in the eye. “Bullshit! My boy is dead cause of you!”

My eyes widened and an evil faced Gerard Way crossed my mind. My heart pounded and a grabbed my now bleeding eye and ran out the door, shoving past the sad waste of oxygen that was Frank’s father. The cold wind stung my face at I ran into the street, past several parked cars, speading my wings and taking flight into the dark sky.

I landed on the grass as my wings folded back as I made my way into the house. Mikey was sitting on the couch with a glare on his face. I walked though and slammed the door shut getting the attention of the brown haired demon in front of me. “Where is he?” I growled.

Mikey looked up. “Which one?”

I took two steps forward “Your brother! Who else?” I felt my claws growing from my fingers. Mikey stood up from the couch, making his way into the kitchen. “Coffee?”

“Excuse me?”

Mikey smirked. “I asked if you wanted coffee?”

I growled “I don’t want coffee, I want to know where your brother is.”

Mikey sighed, “He’s upstairs but don’t go up there!”

Before he could finish his sentence, I was up the stairs and kicking down his bedroom door. “You sorry son of a….”

I froze, eyes wide at what I was seeing in front of me. Frank was laid out on Gerard’s bed, stripped of his clothes and wrapped in a blanket. His skin was pale and his lips were purple. Gerard was at the window with his hands ringing out a warm cloth. The sleeves of his black button up shirt were rolled up past his elbows and he was in baggy black sweat pants. His hair was a mess, knotted around his neck and sticking out from all sides.

“They pushed him off the bridge. I couldn’t step in so I just watched. When he fell in the water, I just……”

I walked forward, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head on his shoulder. “You saved him.”

He was silent, like he didn’t know what to do about it. I squeezed his waist. “You did a good thing Gerard. Thank you.”

Gerard grunted and shifted so he was out of my arms and over the side of the bed. He wiped Frank’s forhead and checked his tempature. “Valon, bring me the book on the table, the one with the black bindings.”

I nodded and picked up the book on the table. It was thick, with red letter scribed on top. Book of the Damned. I picked it up and set it on the night table next to where Gerard was sitting. I watched as his hands reached up, opened it and looked up at me. “Tell me Valon, what language is this?”

I leaned over, sitting next to him and pulled by eyebrows together in confusion. The letters looked more like fancy tribal text. They swirled and swished, almost dancing creppaly across the page. “I….have no idea.”

Gerard nodded. “This is the book Frank gave me yet I can’t read it.”

“Then, how can he?”

“Thats what I want to find out.” He sighed, reaching his arms out, beckoning me to sit on his lap, which I did. His arms snaked around my back, resting on my ass as he leaned in, pulling me into a kiss. I smiled, working my lips with his as my hands round the buttons on his shirt. I rolled my hips forwarg gaining a moan, smirking as Gerard bucked his hips up with mine. Once I was done with the buttons on his shirt, I slipped it off his shoulders, pulling away from the kiss. I smiled, looking down at the man below me. His shirt was off revealing is pale, well toned skin, his head was tilted up, mouth open, hair faling back, his black wings were folded back yet slightly open. There was a knock at the door before Mikey entered. He raised his eyebrow at me but said nothing. I lowered my head and climbed off of Gerard, fixing my shirt. Mikey leaned on the door frame, looking at Gerard. “What do you plan on doing with him?”

Gerard shrugged. “Wait till he wakes up, find out what he knows and go from there.”

“What if he knows more than we want him to? What if he’s read the entire thing?”

“We don’t know what the ‘entire thing’ is do we Mikey?” Gerard sighed, runnig his fingers through his hair.

Mikey shook his head. “Exactly, we can’t read it. How do we know what he tells us is the truth?”

I sighed. “Because I’m here. He won’t lie to me. Frank trusts me to protect him. When he wakes up, let me talk to him. I’ll see what I can dig up.”

Mikey nodded, pushing off the door frame and leaving. “I’ll let you two get back to what you were doing then.”

Once the door was shut, I sighed, turning to face a still shirtless Gerard. “What is so important in this book that you would kill him just because he can read it?”

Gerard shrugged. “Its none of your concern.”

I slammed my hands down on the table. “Yes it is!”

Gerard tilted his head to the side “How so?”

“Frank is my friend! He needs me to protect him from people like you! People who want to hurt or use him! I take care of him!” I wipped a tear away from the corner of my eye, lowering my head trying to hide it. “I can’t loose another friend Gee…..you can’t take another one from me. Please”

Gerard stood up and pulled me into a hug. “Shhhh I’m sorry. For everything. You saw what they did to me. I just……I’m sorry.”

I buried my face in his chest. “I know, I know but Frankie didn’t have anything to do with that. He’s just a boy from New York with a bad life looking for someone to make it better. Please don’t end it before it can begin.”

“Ok. I won’t. Look at me.” He pulled my face up so I could look into his eyes. “But I have to know what that book says.”

I nodded. “Ok. Just promise me, No matter what is in that book, no matter what it says or what he knows, you won’t hurt him.”

Gerard sighed. “I promise.”

“I mean it, no loop holes, no ‘I’ll just get Mikey to do it’ shit. Frankie will not be harmed no matter what comes out of his mouth.”

He pulled me forward, capturing my lips with his in a quick kiss before pulling back. “Cross my little black heart.”
Frank’s Prov

My chest felt heavy. I knew I was on my back cause of the pressure on my spine I just didn’t know where I was. The room was dark, not just due to a lack of light but the walls were black. There was a desk in the corner with the book I had given Gerard Way before I went to school. I tried to remember what had happened after that. I remembered the rain, missing the bus, the bridge…….I fell off the bridge. “Am I dead?” I sat up, realizing that I didn’t have any clothes on and blushed ever though I knew no one was in the room. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and searched around for something to put on. I found my clothes folded neatly on the edge of be bed and wondered who would have done that. I shrugged and threw on my black skinny jeans and red t-shirt that read ‘Homophobia is Gay’ and slowly opened the door, peaking my head around the corner. Seeing that no one was coming, I made my way out into the hall trying to find either A a person or B a way out. I didn’t get far before I saw a man, around the age of 19 standing tall with black glasses and chestnut brown hair. He was rounding the corner in front of me when he saw me and paused. I tried not to stare at the large black wings protruding out of his back.

“Mikey, what are you…..Oh, hello Frank.” I recognized Gerard from earlier. He was holding a tray of food and had a smile on his face. “Felling ok? Come sit down.” He passed me and walked back into to bedroom I was previously occupying. Mikey simply stared at me with a blank look. This must be the younger brother, Michael James Way. After a second, I nodded and followed Gerard back into the bedroom to find him waiting in a chair next to the bed. “I won’t bite Frank.”

I forced a nervous smile and sat on the edge of the bed in front of him. “hi….” I squeaked, trying not to look scared but failing miserably.

“Frank, as you know I’m Gerard and this is my brother, Michael but do call him Mikey.”

I glanced at a scary looking Mikey leaning on the door frame and gave a half waive. He nodded and I looked back at Gerard. “Why am I here?”

“You’re here because I brought you here.”

“You saved me.”

“I did.”

“You can’t read the book, can you?” I stated, not really being cocky simply making a clear statement.

Gerard sighed, shaking his head. He pulled something into his lap, looking at it while speaking. “No, I’m afraid I can’t Frank. That’s what I need you for.”

“Where is Valon?” I asked, suddenly angry that the only reason I’m still alive was because of a damn book. I supposed I should be grateful but given the circumstance, I was a little ticked off. I had hoped that my friendship with Valon wasn’t as fake as the reason for Gerard saving me.

“She is downstairs. Frank, I really need you do focus here.” Gerard said, trying to get me to pay attention but I wasn’t having it.

“No. I want to see Valon.”

“She will be up in a minute Frank.”

“Go get her or I’m not speaking. End of story.”

Gerard turned to his brother. “Mikey, would you please?”

Mikey turned with a grunt and left the door way to go get Valon. I stayed put, trying my best to look angry and intimidating. There was an awkward silence while we waited, neither one of us knew what to say. Gerard sat up straight while I was slighitly slumped, my hands holding me up over the edge of the bed. The door opened and Valon walked through with a worried look on her face that changed to joy the moment she saw me.

“Frankie!” She cried, running to me and pulling me into a hug. “I’m so glad your ok.”

I wrapped my arms around her back and buried my face in her neck. “Valon, where am I?”

She pulled back, trying to smile. “Your in heaven….well sorta. Its more of a city within heaven.”

I nodded. “So….i’m not on earth then?”

“No. Not anymore Frankie.”

“Am I dead? I thought you couldn’t go to heaven unless you were dead. That’s what the book said at least.” I was confused. Valon looked at me with a smile.

“You can only stay here for so long before you simply disappear. Its confusing really but if you stay here for more than 2 days, your body simply ceases to exist on earth and you are trapped between worlds. You’re not an angel, but your not a human either.”

Gerard stood up, clearing his throat. “Seeing as we know Frank is ok, he doesn’t have much time here so if we could get started.”

Valon looks from him to me before squeezing my hand. “We’re not going to hurt you Frank. I promise. We just need to know what is in the book.”

I nodded. “I don’t know why I can read it. I honestly don’t. All I know is that I can and that the book itself is very….graphic. For the most part, it’s a story. It talks about Lucifer and how he raped a woman and she gave birth to 2 sons. They weren’t meant to be born but once Lucifer was made aware of their birth, it was to late to destroy them. There is some pages missing in the back of the book so I don’t know how it ends or what is on those pages but there is mention of a spell or source of power that is stronger that anything to ever have existed before. I can only assume the pages that were torn out contain the name of the power source.”

When I finished speaking, Gerard, Valon and Mikey were silent, thinking about what I had said. Gerard was the first to speak. “That’s all that was in the book?”

I nodded. “Summarized yes.”

“How does it connect this source of power with the two sons?”

“It says the eldest son is destined to find the power and destroy it. Once that power is destroyed, he shall consume its energy. But again it doesn’t say what or where that power is.” I didn’t know why I kept saying things like ‘the eldest son’ I knew it was Gerard. Gerard nodded, making a brief glance at Valon and I could swear there was sadness in his eyes. My stomach growled and I realized I hadn’t eaten since last night and who knows how long its been or what day it was.

Gerard stood up, taking the book and placing it in the cabinet in the corner of the room. “Well, I do believe its dinner time. Frank, are you hungry?”

I nodded. “Very.”

Gerard and Mikey left the room leaving me alone with Valon. She sat next to me with a sad look on her face. “Frank, I’m so sorry that I got you into this mess.”

I frowned, hugging her. “If you hadn’t shown up, I would still be in that house with my abusive father. You saved me. You are my guardian angel.”

She laughed. “Oh Frankie, I wouldn’t call me that. Come on, lets go get some food.”

She stood up and made her way to the door with me following close behind. The hallway walls were lined in gold framed paintings, elegant and fit for a queen. The baseboards were gold, resting atop a long red rug. We made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen where Gerard was setting a large steak and some mashed potatoes. I frowned and tired not to be picky so I sat down and started to eat the potatoes first.

“Frank, is the steak alright?” Gerard asked, looking up from his plate.

I nodded. “Yeah I just…um….I’m a…..vegetarian.”

Gerard frowned, looking down at the plate. “Oh well…..I do apologize about that Frank.” He stood up and walked over to the fridge, opening it and pulled out a small salad bowl. He set it in front of me with a smile. “I’m afraid it’s all we have. Valon will go out tomorrow and get more.”

I smiled, jabbing my fork in to the leaves within the white bowl. “Thank you. Its perfectly fine.”

Gerard nodded and sat back down, continuing to eat his dead cow. I kept my eyes on my food as Valon, Mikey and Gerard ate in silence until a loud scream of pain broke the air. I jumped and looked up with wide eyes. Valon closed her eyes as if trying to ignore the scream while Gerard stood up and walked over to a door before disappearing behind it. My heart was pounding, wanting to help whoever was in pain but Valon shot me a look almost pleading me not to do or say anything. I looked from her over to Mikey who was still eating his food as if nothing was happing. When Gerard walked back into the room, his hands were covered in blood and the screaming had stopped. His eyes were no longer the hazel color I was used to but solid black and his teeth were more fangs. He walked over to the sink, washing the crimson liquid down the drain.

Valon finished her meal and stood up to take the plate to the sink where Gerard was currently leaving. I took note of the fact that she wasn’t looking at him but around him. “Frankie if your done you can leave, you don’t need to stay to be polite.” She spoke, trying to seem normal but I could see she was upset.

I nodded and picked up my plate, setting it in the sink next to hers. “Do you want help with that?”

She shook her head. “No, that’s alright. I’ve got it. Thank you dear.”

She smiled as I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room where there was a large white couch and a TV. I sat down and picked up the remote, flipping through the channels trying to find something interesting. There was nothing on so I found the glass case of DVD’s under the TV and decided to see what there was to offer. My eyes lit up when I saw the collection of classic horror movies, my fingers pulling out Army Of Darkness and sticking it in the player. I kicked my shoes off and pulled my knees to my chest when I felt someone sit down next to me on the couch. I looked over to find Gerard looking at me.

“What?” I asked, trying to not sound rude.

He smiled. “You pick this?”

I nodded. “Yeah, I love this movie.”

His smile grew wider. “You’re alright kid, you’re alright.” He relaxed into the couch and begun to watch the movie with me. Half way through the movie, Mikey walked in and leaned on the door frame, watching us. I saw him standing there out of the corner of my eye but didn’t look at him. I had a feeling he either didn’t like me or didn’t want me here. Maybe both. All I knew was that I was sitting on the couch with Gerard Way, son of Lucifer watching the 80’s classic horror movie Army Of Darkness thinking that maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all.


sorry i haven't updated in a while. I think long updates are becoming the norm and i really don't like that. I try to make it up to yall by making the chapters super long. Hope you enjoyed :)
Sign up to rate and review this story