Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lead Rain And Phantoms

Chapter One

by 100608 0 reviews

Living in a Home for most of his life, Gerard longs for a family to take him away. But when the new boy with some deep issues arrives at the Home, Gerard faces a huge dilemma. A family, or to help ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-04-25 - Updated: 2012-04-26 - 1378 words

0Unrated
Lead Rain And Phantoms

Chapter One

Hey Tumbleweeds and welcome to my new story! :) Or the first chapter of it anyways. I'm not sure how often I'll be updating it what with still writing Mirror, Mirror and all (feel free to check it out, it's a Frerard) but I've got a basic plan of what will happen in each chapter so that should make updating it quicker. Hope you like it :) Oh and feedback on my stories are also much appreciated if you could take a few minutes of your time to write a quick review of what you think, thank you :) So just one more thing left to say I guess: enjoy! I'll see you in the next chapter. XO

The raucous sounds of laughter and shouting drift up to my bedroom window where I sleep and wakes me with a start as I raise my groggy head slightly from the hollow in my pillow. My eyes squint against the sharp yellow of the streetlight filtering in through the glass panes and thin fabric of the curtains, a stark contrast to the dark room around me. I groan candidly, turning onto my side and unwillingly pull my arm out from the warm depths of the bed to grab the digital alarm clock which lay on the desk besides it. The other hand makes an appearance to shield my vision from the luminous green dials which indicate the time: eight minutes past three in the morning. I groan again, louder this time as I set the clock heavily back onto the desk and sink my head back into the pillow, arms snuggling back into the heated caverns of blankets to curl around my knees.

I screw my eyes back shut, willing sleep to return and temporarily take me as one of its own. A few minutes passed before the voices started to fade away as their owners moved on for the night and I breathe a sigh of relief, the sound snatched away by the squishy rectangle my face now rest in. 'What idiot...' I think to myself, as I feel my breathing become deeper and muscles ease, 'decides to put a children's Home smack bang next to a main street?' This thought was interrupted by my abrupt yet predictable snoring as my consciousness was carried away, and the next thing I know, I'm dreaming.

The raucous sounds of laughter and shouting drift up to my bedroom where I sleep and wakes me with a start as I raise my groggy head slightly from the hollow in my pillow. My eyes squint against the weak grey light of the sky which now streams through the glass panes and thin fabric of the curtains. I groan candidly, turning on my side and reluctantly pull my arm out from the warm depths of the bed to grab the digital alarm clock which lay on the desk besides it. I lift my upper body, hearing the bones crack from the movement and prop it up on my elbow as I rub the sand out of my eyes with the other hand and comb my fingers backwards through my shoulder length black hair. I read the time. Shit! It's almost twenty past eight and I aren't even up yet! My eyes widen and I slam the alarm clock back onto the desk with more force than necessary as I throw the blankets off me and leap out of bed.

I stand up dazed for a second, regaining my balance, as my pajama combination of a plain black t shirt and shorts decrumple themselves and I hear a shy knock on the door. I turn round quickly towards the door, the sound making me jump. This movement creates a breeze behind me which knocks all of my papers off the desk. 'Gerard, are you up yet?' I hear Elle ask through the wood conversationally. I imagine her leaning against the wall with her back to the door, looking down as she play with a bracelet on her wrist, all prepared and ready to go.

'Err.. yeah..I'll be down in a minute' I call back hurriedly, kneeling on the floor and gathering all the sheets of paper back up into a messy pile and flinging them onto the desk, weighing them down with the closest object I can find, which turns out to be a slipper. A minute passed before Elle says, once again in a conversational tone 'Well hurry up, Julie's gonna be mad if you're late again.'

'Message received.' I reply in a strained voice, hopping stooped around the floor as I try to fit my left leg into my skinny jeans whilst standing on the bottom of the other half of them. I hear Elle speak a sarcastic 'uh huh' to herself and then giggle quietly from behind my door when I curse outwardly to the empty room as I get my foot caught through the rips in the knees of the jeans and fall backwards onto the bed.

Finally I manage to put them on properly, jumping up and down on the spot with my fingers hooked through my belt loops to pull them up. I open up a drawer in my desk and pull out a T-shirt, briefly glancing at the distasteful design. Then I yank open my door, almost taking it off the hinges and dash across the hallway to the bathroom, shoving this door which lay ajar open with my shoulder. I switch the vacant sign to occupied and slam the door behind me as I briefly note that Elle has already left. I sprint over to the sink, pulling the ugly t shirt over my head. No time for makeup today, I think to myself as I turn on the cold tap and fill the basin with water, splashing some on my face to wake me up properly. I grab the toothpaste from the shelf and turn around, yanking the door in front of me back open, wondering why the hell I shut it in the first place, as I run to my room and grab the red toothbrush out of the pencil pot on the desk. The bristles are old and falling out and I'm in dire need of a new one, but no time to think about that now.

I prepare my schoolbag one handed whilst brushing my teeth, throwing in my eyeliner, sketchpad, headphones and any random school related junk I can find, right now not caring if I need it or not. I hear footsteps approaching again and this time see Julie through the frame which usually houses the door. 'Are you nearly ready?' She asks impatiently. I mumble an answer incoherently, gesturing wildly at my foaming mouth and she frowns slightly. 'You're supposed to brush your teeth in the bathroom.' She states. 'Everybody is waiting for you.' I return the frown and stomp past her back into the bathroom, muttering my displeasure as I rinse my mouth. I hear Julie walk into my room and grab the schoolbag and my hoodie which lay next to it and then stand and wait for me, her entire aura saying 'annoyed!'

I ignore her when she holds my possessions out to me and brush past her again, heading over to my desk and pocketing the phone and music player which lay there. I stare out of the window for a couple of seconds, my shoulders hunched, before turning back round and giving a sickly sweet smile. That always pisses her off. 'I'm ready to go now' I say innocently as she huffs irritatedly. I take my items from her and head downstairs through the door which Julie shuts behind me. I walk past the waiting minibus full of little brats dressed in dark green uniforms, teasing each other, stealing from each other, pulling hair, calling names, and the stressed driver pulling his hair out in frustration. Elle waves to me from the backseat, giving me 'get me out of here' joking kind of look. I return the wave and proceed to slouch moodily to the school bus stop where I plug myself into my music and wait as students start to gather around me.
Sign up to rate and review this story