Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lead Rain And Phantoms

Chapter Two

by 100608 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-26 - Updated: 2012-04-26 - 1839 words

0Unrated
Lead Rain And Phantoms

Chapter Two

Hey tumbleweeds! I seem to be on a roll this week! Two chapters of this story and one for Mirror, Mirror. It's me I swear. Well this is the new chapter. Not much happens in it yet as I'm still delving into Gee's character a little but the next chapter brings more excitement I promise. Perhaps even the introduction of a small dark haired teenage boy. Can you guess who it is? :P Okay so enjoy! See you in the next chapter! XO

God I'm bored. The bus is late as usual. It's not like I have to wait twenty five minutes as it is. I sit on the curb holding my MP3 player in one hand whilst twanging the purple cable which leads to the head phones with my other. I heave a sigh of boredom, which I can't hear over the raging sound of the misfits belting in my ears and blow upwards, my hair lifting from my forehead, seeing how long I can keep it up. I play this game for several minutes until a streak of yellow in my peripheral vision catches my attention and I stand up slowly, stretching from being hunched over the curb for so long.

The school bus stops and I get on, showing my pupils pass to the driver before taking a seat near the back and slumping myself down against the window just as the first few drops of rain begin to fall. I'm kind of glad now that Julie made sure I brought my hoodie with me. The journey to school takes around twenty minutes so I have plenty of thinking time to myself. Time to consider my life and what I can do with it in fourteen months time.

In fourteen months time I'll be eighteen and I'll be able to leave this dump of a Home that I live in and start my own life. No, better, I have to leave the Home. Its not optional. Once I turn eighteen I will no longer be the responsibility of the state and I can finally be my own person. In fourteen months time I want to be at art school, which unfortunately means attending normal school, as, although my art is good enough for a placement, my other grades are apparently not. It's stupid really. Why do I need a good grade in math if I want to study art?

My grades have steadily been slipping in the past year. Mainly since I had to change schools after being excluded for a fight which I didn't even start. Okay so maybe I hit him back. But what was I supposed to do? Stand there and let him beat me to a bloody pulp? I don't think so. . And I don't go in the minibus anymore since I switched schools. I used to go to Elle's school until I got in that fight. Not only does this stop me spending time with my best friend but also means I end up standing around at the bus stop for twenty five minutes because the mini bus doesn't go my way. I honestly haven't a clue why I have to be out so early but Julie insists everyone has to leave for school at the same time otherwise she'll lose track of us all. If she can't keep track of a bunch of kids then she needs to change jobs. She is a social worker after all, so you expect her to take some sort of interest in the people she looks after.

She doesn't even like half of us. And she doesn't like me. Too bad; I don't like her either. She appears nice on the surface and when she's in the presence of other people, but when their backs are turned, we both end up firing petty remarks and digs at each other, looking for an argument just for arguing sake. I always win though. See, Julie has boundaries to keep. It's her job. I don't. I'm in a Home so I've already been labelled as a teen with problems, which means I can get away with saying just about anything.

The bus slows down as it turns a corner and my eyes wander to the sign by the roadside: Belleville High, turn left.

It used to be a mixed school but someone thought it a good idea about six years ago to turn it into an all boys school. Julie decided to send me here after the fight. Just one of her many ways of trying to get back at me for all the insults I've delivered to her over the years. And she succeeded.

For a while.

I'll be honest, at first I was truly pissed that she had done this to me and didn't talk to her for weeks, pretending that she didn't exist. Mixed schools are okay, there are less boys to make snide remarks at you. An all boys school, you just can't escape them. But then something happened which made me change my view on the all boys school. I saw this really hot guy.

Yes I did say guy.

And yes I'm gay.

It was pretty scary at first when I didn't know what to do. I'd always thought being gay was strange so imagine my horror when I came to this school and found myself drooling over some random guy.

Well, not literally.

Well not at school anyways.

Yup my fourteenth year was a pretty screwed up one.

I cut. I don't know why though. I guess it was just a way to deal with how I was feeling. Scared, upset, dirty. I seriously regret it now though. It was only as I was turning fifteen that I finally confided in Elle. I've known her since I was seven and she's like a sister to me.

She took it well. She gave me the confidence to be proud of who I am and to not care what anyone else thinks.

So what if I'm gay? It doesn't make me a freak. It makes me human. Not everyone's the same.

That hot guy who made me realize my sexuality, I don't know what happened to him by the way, he probably changed schools after he realized that I was the creeper who followed him home one day.

What?

I just wanted to see if he had any hot friends. I've grown out of the fan boy stalker phase now though. And Julie. Ha! she doesn't even know how much she's helped me out.

The bus jars to a halt as it reaches it's destination. I'm so in tune with my thoughts I don't even realize. I zone back in again and look down at my MP3 player which has stopped playing. I didn't even realize that either. Lowering my headphones to rest around my neck I stand up and swing my bag over one shoulder, joining the crowd in the aisle waiting to get off the bus. Jostling ever nearer to the door, I quickly spot my two friends sat waiting for me near a bench just outside the gates. I grin at them and make my way through the jumble of people. My friends smile back. Bob offers a cigarette out to me as I reach him and Ray, and I graciously accept. Just one of the self destructive habits I picked up when I was fourteen. I still haven't been able to break this one though.

Still, one a day can't be that bad can it?

"Hey Gerard have you done that math homework for Mr Grimshaw yet?" Ray asks me conversationally, trying to avoid looking disapproving as I light up, my hand cupping the flame away from the wind. I make a grunt of acknowledgement as the end of my cigarette glows amber, and taking a deep drag, duck my head down to check through my bag. I bring out the uncompleted sheet covered in some sort of hieroglyphics shit. "Nope" I reply. "What even is this, an elongated S? What does that mean?" I point it out to Ray as I move my face closer to the sheet studying the weird symbols.

"Its a calculus notation" Ray replies. "How do you not know this, it was on the sheet he gave us in class last week" He continues, snatching the sheet out of my hands to look at the blank boxes I was meant to fill in. He hands me it back. "Mr Grimshaw'll go ape if you haven't done it Gee, he said he's giving out detentions."

"Ah shit"

"How's Elle doing Gerard?" Bob interrupts. He pretends to sound casual but we all know he likes her. That and the fact he flushes whenever her name is mentioned. I take the cigarette out of my mouth and hold it between my fingers, looking down at the paper as I try to figure out what the first answer should be. "Yeah she's fine Bob. She sends her love." I finish jokingly. Bob flushes as Ray laughs and they then proceed to begin a mini argument about Bobs denial, which I don't fully hear as I drown out their voices to try and figure out what these 'calculus notations' are. Again, I repeat, why do I need to know this to do art? Am I ever going to... 'Calculate?' art?

The voices around me are brought back up a notch as I'm pulled out of my math reverie by a ball of paper hitting the back of my head. My friends stop arguing as we all turn to look for the culprit. It doesn't surprise me that it's a bunch of jocks. They never seem to have anything better to do anyway. I flip them the finger, glaring, to which they respond with appreciative laughs, before turning back to Ray and saying "When do we have maths again?" The bell shrieks out a shrill tone and like clockwork, people start heading towards the doors of the building. I take one last drag of my cigarette before dropping it to the floor, where small puffs of smoke still issue from it in tiny curls. I look at Ray pointedly to see why he hasn't answered. "Err now." he says awkwardly.

"Ah hell! I suppose it's too late to copy?"

"Sorry Gee, I already handed mine in" Ray looks apologetic.

"Right. Well lets get this over with then" I say and we join the crowd heading for the building.

And that's that for this chapter. Can't wait to write the next one :) Whilst you're here I would love it if you could rate/review my story and tell me what you think :) Oh and, also if you would check out my other stories too and let me know what you think, It would be very much appreciated. (They are all Frerard)
http://www.ficwad.com/story/169454 Mirror, Mirror
http://www.ficwad.com/story/169427 Magic
http://www.ficwad.com/story/158044 Frerard In The Dark
Sign up to rate and review this story