Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > But It's Better if You Do

13

by GAClive 0 reviews

And so it begnis

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [!] [V] [?] - Published: 2012-04-28 - Updated: 2012-04-28 - 791 words

0Unrated
Vaguely, Brendon could make out the shadowy form of the creature on the roof above and made the instant decision that would save his life. His thumb was already close to the seemingly decorative nob and it now pressed down and with hiss of released air the silver tip of the cane shot out as a grappling hook and embedded in the gut of the beast above him. With a strangled howl it jerked away from the edge for just a moment, successfully halting Brendon's rapid descent, before it finally was pulled off the roof by the hunter's weight.

The two figures collided with the grimy street bellow and landed in individual heaps a few yards away from each other. Brendon staggered up to his feet and smiled at the thought of his victory. His smile faded quickly, however, when the creature also rose up and tore the silver tip from its belly with a howl of pain.

Brendon's eyes widened in growing fear as he watched the strange man-beast turn towards and rise up onto two legs. Its body was covered in corse brown fur and the front paws were talon-like hands. It wore no clothes and the fur was starting to get matted from the mud. It released a feral growl that rumbled out from deep within its chest. It lunged into a loping run towards Brendon and the man, in turn, ran as far away as he could get.

He didn't get very far before he felt the grip of the beast claw into his back and shoulders. He was hefted up and tossed into the wall to his left. It was an understatement to say he felt things crack within him when he made contact but he managed to get himself back on his feet in spite of the pain. With his breath hissing through his teeth he took one defiant step towards the creature that was now regarding him in a calculating manner rather than charging him again. Brendon took the beast's hesitation to his advantage and with a guttural scream he surged forward...

...In the opposite direction.

He needed distance in order to use the net gun but his chances of gaining that distance were dwindling. Every other step faltered and he found he could barely breath, from what he could hear behind him it seemed the beast did not have this trouble. At the mouth of the alley he came to a stop and turned while reaching behind him for the canon like device.

It was too late. The monster had already leapt into the air with claws reaching out the singer. Not quite the embrace of death that Brendon had expected to encounter one day.

His right hand dropped down to his waist in an instant and joined his left hand at the holster. No time to draw, just shoot from the hip. Brendon had never considered himself a fast draw or even a good shot, but luck was on his side that night and as the palm of his left hand slid the hammer back and down his right forefinger had already begun to squeeze the trigger.

The great force of supernatural power shoved him to the ground and just as the beast's snarl erupted near in Brendon's ear the bang of gunpowder drowned out all sound. The werewolf collapsed on top of the hunter and crushed him into the cobblestones beneath.

Brendon reeled from the impact of his head and back while the monster struggled off of him and began to limp away while one clawed hand cradled the furry shoulder. Brendon did not wish to imagine the pain the silver bullet, now imbedded deep in the should, caused the now screaming werewolf. He did, however, seize the moment to gradually pull himself onto his feet and limp after the creature. He could barely lift his legs as his hand reached for the syringe that would end the fight and he found it hard to focus with the dots swimming in his eyesight. He caught up to the werewolf and jammed the needle into its back.

With a great howl it arched up and swung out blindly at the threat, sending Brendon on yet another trip through the air, the two crumpling to the ground at the same time. With a last thought and with all his remaining strength Brendon made use of his flare and launched it into the sky. “Ooooooh damn...” He whispered with a wheezy breath before he finally gave into his injuries only feet away from his enemy.



A/N: oh heeeey.... Um so I'm not dead... just lazy and busy. I'm sorry! I hope this chapter was at least partially worth the wait! Thanks for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story