Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 5

by KobraBlaze 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-04-28 - Updated: 2012-04-28 - 1679 words - Complete

1Ambiance
So I was thinking this chapter should be in Gerard's POV so... Yeah. Here you go. I hope you like it.

Chapter 5
Gerards POV

I watch the hands on the clock tick. Another two hours to go until Mikey comes home. Will he come home? He could be dead by now. Beaten up and abandoned in some field to just bleed out and- Okay, okay. Thats a bit drastic I know. But he could be hurt. Most likely hurt. Why did I just let him go to school already. Be obviously isn't ready. He even said it himself. For all I know, he could be in some bullies grasp ready to be pummelled to the ground. All these thoughts take a toll on my mind and I see Frank go through the same as we sit in a tense silence awaiting a couple of hours time's disasterous fate (most likely)When we see Mikey at the school gates, shaking in his skin and losing consciousness by the minute. When his big black eye and bloody nose tells us too much about how his predictable day went.
"Gerard, I'm really worried." Frank interrupts the silence. His voice full of concern. "We haven't heard from him or the school. I mean what if he didn't go in. Like if he decided to bunk classes. I think we should collect him now." He says placing more worries in my mind.

"I know Frank but If he divided to skip then he would have some home. He knows that we would understand. I'm just afraid of not finding him at all." I shut my eyes together and rubbed my temples hard, trying to pass the headache in my forehead.
"What if he just ran and didn't stop. What if it was all too much for him. What if the bullies pushed him and pushe him until-"

"Gerard! Don't say it. He can't have. Please just don't say that."

What if he could just have a normal classmate. If it wasn't such a serious moment I would chuckle at the thought.

Just then there is a knock on the apartment door.
Oh God... Who the Hell could this be?!

Frank and I stare at the door for a couple of seconds traumatised looking, before I move and walk to the door, Frank following behind as if there is gonna be a murderer on the other side.
I open the door, completely confused with what, more like who I see.
Mikey, his usual split lip and bloody nose in place with other bruises to decorate his little face. Beside Mikey is a guy I've seen a couple of times with a very annoying grin on his face. Yet he's a guy I thing I'd never see again. What I want to know is why he has an arm around Mikey's shoulders. First thing I want to know is why I he here with an arm around my baby brother. I rememeber this kid. He's a cocky asshole who should have nothing to do with Mikey. He's friends with Aaron and them. He's just not the guy Mikey should be mixing with.

Of course I'm glad that Mikey is mixing at all. I really am. But it's people like this guy here I want to keep him away from. He has no business with Mikey ad far as I'm concerned.

"Who the fuck are you?" I spit at him, watching the smirk disintegrate into his face and he looks down.

"Gerard. Calm down!" Frank hushes at me. Mikey just stands there with his big petrified eyes adraid of everything I want happening.
Knocking the asshole out clean.
So it's unlike me to judge a book by its cover but when the person probably never even read a book before.

I shove Franks hand off my shoulder and ask the guy again "Who the hell are you?"
I almost immediately feel guilty as I see Mikey wince and shut his eyes tight as he looks down.

"I'm Pete Wentz. I'm in some of your brother's classes. 'M guessing you're Gerard?"
He says little too over-confident and cocky for my liking.
I narrow my eyes at him but I dont reply. How does he even know my name? Mikey would barely tell him. Would he?
"And you're Frank?" He nods to the wary boy behind me who is also a bit freaked about how he knows who we are.
Frank just nods quietly not sure if we should trust him. Obviously we shouldn't. I've seen him before. Hanging out with the wrong crowd. The sort of crowd that made Mikey who he is. Or I mean was. If Mikey decided he can trust people enough now to tell them where he lives then he has obviously changed. For the worse.

"Mikey, come inside." I demand and I see his head snap up in fret and worry.
I step outside infront of Pete and Mikey obediently walks inside quietly. Frank closes the door behind him.

"Look Pete, stay clear of my brother, alright? We don't need someone like you to mess things up again. If you don't keep away from him then you won't be able to keep away from a hospital. Are we clear?" I threaten him using low points about how Mikey used to be. Not that he will ever know that story.

"Yeah, well I just brought him home from his first day back after getting beaten up. I don't see the offensive side to that." The fact that he was there to help Mikes after and not me made bile rise in my throat.

"Pete, I know what kind of thing your mates do so I'll be blaming you of something happens to him again."

"I also brought him to a cafe to eat something. I just thought he looked hungry." At this stage I felt like screaming at him to fuck off but instead I turned and opened the door to see Mikey and Frank with frantic faces.

"Don't forget to put some cream on those cuts just in case they get infected." He says to Mikey.

"He would only need that if you stayed around." I spat at him.

"Gerard just shut the fuck up okay?" Frank shouts from the background

"I'm just looking out for him." That just made me feel really bad. I just ignored Mikey the whole time while his lip of throbbing and his nose is gushing out blood.
Pete turns and walks away and I turn to face Frank and Mikey who are walking into the living room.

Oh shit... I've messed this up myself. But I know Pete. He's one of those guys that Thinks that he can just take all his anger out on Mikey and use him whenever he wants because Mikey is that bit gullible it seems now.
But he can't do that. And he isn't going to. And maybe I went too far with the argument but Pete had it coming. I just wish I hadn't said anything infront Mikey.

I stare at the other two boys until Mikey pulls out of Franks hold and runs into his room slamming the door behind him.

"Mike-" I try to call after him but he's gone already and now Frank is just staring at me with narrow eyes telling me all I need to know without him saying anything.

I fucked up.

But it's not just my fault. If Pete just kept his mouth shut I wouldn't have had to get so angry. And Frank should be angry too. Seeing some stuck-up asshole "look after" Mikey. More like give him a broken nose. Why am I the only one mad here? He should be sticking up for Mikey too.

"Why the fuck did you even argue with him?" He says in disappointment.

"B-Because... Because he might as well beat Mikey up instead of using him like this." I stumble along my words.

"We're even lucky we got him home in one piece. He could've been left at school if Pete didn't find him. Think about the Gerard. He also thought the kid was hungry. And he brought him to a restaurant. He obviously didn't hurt him." He spits back at me, his voice drowning in disgust.

"But why, huh? Why would someone like Pete go and want to be friends with some suicidal freak who gets beaten up everyday?" I'm not even thinking about what I'm saying.
I wish I could just shut up.

"Gerard! What Hell is wrong with you?! Mikey is way past that. How can you even say stuff like?" He shouts at me, shocked from what I just said. Fuck, I'm even shocked!

He knocks on Mikey's door.
"Hey Mikes kiddo, can I come in?" He waits for some form of communication but nothing happens.
So he opens the door and reveals Mikey crying his little eyes out into his pillow and another one covering his ears from our yelling.

"Mikey, cuteness. You alright?" Smart question Frank.

Says you who just called his brother a suicidal freak.
Shut up.
I think I'm going insane.

I stand in Mikey's doorway and watch Frank sit down beside him.
"C'mon Mikey. It's okay. What happened? Just tell me. You can trust me with anything."
I see as he leaves me out of it. And rightly so. Because right now Mikey can't trust me. I leave the room and close the door over and lie on the couch.
What kind of a brother am I really?



*



Guys, I'm so sorry for not updating in a few days. I just had a drum exam today do I had been practising alot for it but that's no excuse. I feel really bad now so I'm gonna start straight away on the next chapter! Please leave a review of what you think of this chapter and rate it. I don't know what it's like cause my mind is really fizzled right now and I don't even know what I'm saying... Thank you for reading, my lovely patient readers!
Sign up to rate and review this story