Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Strangeland

Strangeland

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

Jared is the kind of guy everyone wants to be around, everyone loves but when someone begins to love him too much, how dangerous will it become?

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-24 - Updated: 2012-04-25 - 903 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter One - Monday
If you said that everyone loved Jared from the beginning that would have been the biggest understatement of your life. Everyone didn't just love him, they downright adored him. He was a great guy, everyone saw that. He was the kind of guy who lost an hour of work to help an old lady cross the street and pull overtime off the clock to make up for it. He was nice to people, took them into consideration. The one everyone wanted at their parties and sent his invitation out first.
Men admired him. His work ethic, his natural charisma, even the way he could silently hold his own in a conversation. He wasn't exactly the poster child for testosterone but he had this underlying strength that people just sensed. They were threatened by him but they welcomed that. It was his charm, especially with the women.
Women loved him. Something about how whenever they looked into those blue eyes they felt like the only person alive. He was that good. Had a smile that knocked all those girls dead and an intelligence that kept them interested for hours.
People said he was wasting himself at an office job, typing away amazing reports for the boss but he insisted he had to stay in town. He was helping to take care of his mom who didn't want to live anywhere else. Even that got him brownie points. He was confident without being egotistical. He had just the right amount of arrogance that didn't make him unpleasant to be around. He was just who you wanted to be around.
These were the exact thoughts that went through everyone's heads on Monday morning. He walked into the office, an armful of flowers and a smile on his lips. He pulled off his aviators and greeted everyone that said hello to them and put a smile on for those who hadn't. He set his computer bag and glasses down and carried the flowers he was holding down the hall to the managers office. He knocked once and a soft voice allowed him entrance.
The managers door was locked for another twenty minutes until the boss, Mr Hendricks, arrived. All he saw when he opened the door was the managers secretary. She looked up at him sweetly, her smile soft, and her eyes as delicate as they had been over dinner the night before. He went to her desk as she stood to greet him.
"I missed you, Emma" He said softly, putting one of his arms around her waist.
She laughed a little as if she were in disbelief. "We just saw each other last night." She reminded him, loving the way his eyes softened each time he looked at her.
"But I had to wake up alone and that...is what made me miss you." He replied, smiling before he kissed her. After a moment he pulled from the kiss and presented the flowers to her.
"For me?!" She was surprised, overwhelmed by the smile on his face as she took in the scent. "They're beautiful..."
A knock on the door moved Emma out of his arms and Jared to the door.
"Hey." The tone was almost shy once Jared opened the door.
"What are you doing here?" Jared asked, as he watched his brother look behind him into the room.
Shannon was older than Jared, a couple of years apart as well as worlds. His eyes and hair were much darker and he kept mostly to himself. He didn't enjoy the type of life that Jared lived, he preferred a much more quieter life.
"Applying for a job. Mom said that she doesn't like that we're all not home at the same time."
Jared nodded with a smile. "That ought to be great. Imagine that, the both of us working here. We'll get Mr. Hendricks out of the job, now won't we?"
Shannon gave a breath of a laugh and so did Emma from her desk. "Hey, Em!" Shannon called out which earned him a smile. "You tell her yet?"
Jared's gaze sharpened and he made a gesture for him to be quiet.
"Tell me what?" She asked, standing up and meeting them at the door.
"It's nothing..." Jared replied, looking at Shannon as if to say "Look what you've done".
"Oh Jared's being stalked..."
"What?!" She looked at Jared with alarm in her eyes.
"It's nothing, a couple of letters, phone calls. Nothing at all. Look Shannon, I'm gonna take you to HR. Emma I'll be back." He lent down and gave Emma a gentle kiss before he rushed Shannon out of the room and closed it behind him.
"You left out the drive bys...you know? The ones that go on for about two hours after midnight." Shannon was near mocking Jared. Wasn't this always expected when a guy was as popular as he was?
"And I'm going to continue to leave that out...I told you I've got this. Now get your ass down to HR, I've got work to do."
Shannon laughed and Jared watched him walk away. He hated talking about it, didn't like the idea of being followed or someone knowing where he lived. The thought actually scared the hell out of him. But it wasn't severe, just a couple calls and the same car by his house every night. It'd end. Don't they always?
Sign up to rate and review this story