Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Love, I'd Never Hurt You

Epilogue

by thatcrazedfan 3 reviews

I wanted so much to feel his touch. It killed me knowing the only thing separating us was a piece of glass.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2012-05-03 - Updated: 2012-05-03 - 736 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank

I sat down in the cold chair and picked up the phone, waiting. At any second, the guard would bring in Gerard and he would sit down across from me, only a thin piece of glass separating us. For the past five years, we had been doing this.

I would come in two or three times a week and see him. It was the only way I could see him anymore. Ever since the judge passed his sentence. That was the worst day of my life. The day Gerard was taken away from me forever.

I remember kissing him, and never wanting to let go. Eventually the guards had to pull us apart in order to get Gerard on the bus that would take him to prison.

Gerard was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole. If he was lucky, he might be able to get out when he's 85. I didn't care. I would wait for an eternity to see him again.

As soon as Gerard was in the room, I felt my heart start to beat faster. He sat down across from me and I gripped the phone tighter. He smiled at me as he picked up the phone and put it to his ear.

I could feel tears falling already. “Gerard,” I breathed. It felt like I hadn't seen him in years, when in reality, I had just seen him two days ago.

He was crying now too, “Frank, I miss you so much.”

He placed his hand on the glass between us, and I did the same. I wanted so much to feel his touch. It killed me knowing the only thing separating us was a piece of glass.

“How are things?” I asked. Obviously, being in prison, things were never good, but I liked to keep our conversations ordinary. When we talked, I wanted him to forget he was in prison.

He smiled, “Same old, same old.”

I nodded, gripping the phone even tighter. “Things are fine at home.”

He sighed, “I wish I could be there with you.”

“I know, Gee. I know. I wish you could be with me, too. Before you know it, you'll be out and we can be together.” I smiled through the tears.

He shook his head, “You always say that.” He paused, “Frank, I'm going to try and get out of here.”

I instantly imagined the worst, “Gerard! Don't be stupid! If you escape they'll kill you!” I whispered.

He shook his head, “I'm not going to escape. I'm going to try for parole.”

I was confused. The judge had said that he couldn't get parole. I was starting to think he was going crazy, “What are you talking about?”

“Well, I've been talking to the therapist. He said that I'm a perfectly fine human being, and that he would try and talk the judge into reducing my sentence.” He paused, smiling. His face was lit up. I hadn't seen him this excited in a long time. “Frank, can you imagine! I might be coming home to see you in no time!”

I could imagine it. I spent all my time imagining that something like this would happen. I didn't want to get my hopes up, in case it didn't work. “Gerard, that's amazing!”

He nodded, “With the good word from the therapist, and my good behavior, I could be out in the year.” He paused, tears falling again, “Frank, I can't wait to hold you again.”

I smiled, “I love you so much, Gerard.”

“I love you too.”

Behind him, one of the guards spoke, “Time's up.”

We just continued to look at each other, both thinking about the possibility of him coming home. I wanted nothing more than to feel his touch again. I closed my eyes, imagining his hand in mine.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Gerard set the phone down and stand up. He blew me a kiss before letting the guards lead him back to his cell. I set the phone back and put my head in my hands, crying. I loved him so much, and all I wanted was for us to finally be together. It had been five years since I had actually felt him. I needed him. I wouldn't know what to do without him. Slowly, I stood up, leaving the visiting area. All I could think about was our love.
Sign up to rate and review this story