Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 10

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-05 - Updated: 2012-05-05 - 1147 words - Complete

1Insightful
Hello. This chapter won't be very exciting. I'm not so sure about what happens. So let's just see I guess.

Chapter 10
Frank's POV

He's safe. He has to be. Pete wouldn't hurt him. Would he? I mean I can hardly just trust Pete just like that with my boyfriend. I barely know him. But I know that Pete will take care of Mikes. My cuteness knows when he is in a dangerous situation and knows that I can rescue him. It's Gerard I worry about more though.

I just got Mikey's call and now I'm sort of afraid to see Gerard reaction. I wish that he would just see that Pete isn't everything he looks like. I just need to convince him of that.
He doesn't expect Mikey to make a friend so quickly, I mean who would but he does need to give Mikey the chance. Mikey is old enough to make his own decisions. But even that point scares myself. Is he old enough? He might know when he's hurt or in the position to talk to me about something but it's for him to actually say it to me. It's difficult for him.

Gerard isn't making it any better, if not worse. He's lost Mikey's trust and okay, it's frustrating to see your emotionally traumatised younger brother become friends with one of the guys from the jocks at school. Of course it is. But, He has to let Mikey into the world now that he is that one bit more wiling to than last year.
Yet, Gerard has a slightly stubborn mind and it's hard to change one of his own theories in his head.

He's currently in his apartment and I'm going up the long, steep stairs before finally reaching apartment 13. I knock on the door. Gerard opens it and steps aside to let me in.

"Hey Frank. How'r you...?" A big lobsided grin stretches across his face. Please don't tell me.
I notice some cans on the kitchen table and the strong stench of beer from Gerard. Shit!
Where'd he even get them?
No, no, no. This can't be happening to Gerard. He can't be drunk. Please?!

"Gerard, where'd you get them?" I point to the cans and he looks at me innocently as if he doesn't know what's wrong. He probably doesn't, he's so out of it at the moment.

"Ge'wha...?" His breath forces me to look away.

"Gerard, seriously?! You know what! Why are you drunk?" Anger raises and is evident in my voice. I need to try and calm before I do anything stupid aswell.

"Don' ge mad a' meh..." He frowns just about realising that he shouldn't have gotten drunk.

"Don't get mad at you? Gerard, you're so drunk right now I bet you don't even know where Mikey is, do you?" I question him and see his eyes drop tithe floor in shame and worry. I wonder if he's ever gotten drunk infront of Mikey before. No wonder the kid used to have a can or two himself.

"A'-At school?" He guesses.

"School finished 15 minutes ago! He just rang me there and you know where is gone to?" I see guilt bubble up in his eyes. "At Pete's house to stay the night." Of course the guilt turns into anger, forgetting how he never even thought of Mikey.

"Tha' bastard."

"No, Gerard. Pete is his friend. He actually cares. He actually cares what he's up to. Not drunk and grieving on his own hardship. Mikey told me to get you to see that Pete is his friend. You know sometimes I wonder if you even gave him a chance before. The kid looks up to you. But now he doesn't know if he can trust you after what you said to him the other morning. What was that even about Gerard?" I almost shout at him. I know that it's hard for Gerard aswell as Mikey but if he Does care than he should be more than delighted to see that his brother made a friend and should know that he's going to hang out with that friend. Not drunk enough to forget he even has a brother.

"Frank, what the fuck have I done?" Good. I'm glad that he sees that he's done wrong.
"Shit, that fucker could be hurtin' my brother. Can you go bring him home now? I don't want him near that Pete dude." but he doesn't see it at all. He only sees what Pete might do. It's very unlikely Pete would ever hurt Mikey. 'Course, I could be wrong. But so far I haven't got much against the lad.

"No, Gerard. I fucking won't get him. Because he's probably safer there than here with the way you are right now. If you can't remember where your brother should be, then how could he possibly be in good care right here. Imagine if he came home and saw you in this state. He wouldn't be able to trust you ever Gerard! You've already hurt him. Don't take away his only friend."

"But... He doesn't need a 'friend' like Pete. He's got us."

My jaw drops.
"Okay, Gerard. He's got a drunk brother who wont let him have any other friend and a worried-as-Hell boyfriend. How do you think he feels when he comes home, huh? You know he told me he sometimes wishes he was dead." That's all I have to say to make Gerard shut up and realise it's partly his fault after calling him names and telling him to get out of his apartment.

Can you really blame the kid for wanting to stay away from his brother.

Of course, I know it's not all Gerard's fault. I should've helped both of them more. I should have noticed how depressed Mikey still was. I shouldn't have just let Gerard shout at Mikey like that. I should just have been there for both of them. Simple as. But it's not when Gerard is drunk at home and Mikey is in constant distress and danger of getting hurt.

"Frank, what do I do?" Even though I hear the pure guilt and shame in his voice, I can't help but be a little mad at him still.

"You let Mikey be friends with Pete. Okay? Don't take that away from. After that, I don't fucking know, but you have to make it up to him."

He stares and the floor and nods.
"But Frank are you not afraid of Pete... getting in between you and Mikey?" He asks, putting a fair point into my mind but no, I'm not afraid. I just don't think Pete would do that.

Would he?

Shit! Gerard's got me paranoid.

But maybe Gerard has a point.



*



I hope this was alright. Please leave a review of what you think and how to improve. And rate! Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story