Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 11

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-10 - Updated: 2012-05-10 - 2415 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Hello. I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. My Internet connection was gone because we had to get a new router thingy. I think I will be updating every second night for the rest of this story. Because I need some kind of sleep at night and yeah... Sorry for the laziness! :( I hope you enjoy this though.

Chapter 11
Pete's POV

I wake up suddenly to my alarm clock buzzing, making Mikey jump at the same time. I slam my hand down on top of it, not even looking to see where it is. It goes off and I look at Mikey who so clearly looks like he's gonna fall asleep again. The poor kid must be wrecked every morning.

"Hey Mikes. Time to get up." I whisper.

I receive a small groan and I see his eyes blink repetitively until they are used to the bright light. He reaches for his glasses an puts them on.

"M'kay" he turns over to me again and I smile at him. "I don't want to go in Pete." He says quietly almost hoping I wouldn't hear him. It made my smile fade when I heard the desperation in his small voice. Like he's begging me not to make him go into those idiots who only taunt him and hurt him.

"I know, Mikey. Look, how about we go in for let's say 4 classes and then I'll bring you home. I'm in most of those classes. So they won't hurt you. Sound like a plan?" I suggest wanting to make him feel somewhat safe. I can't just bring him home. His brother obviously doesn't understand what it's like for him in there and he'll just make him go into school anyway.

He thinks about it for a few seconds, thinking about all of the possibilities of the jocks getting him, being alone in that one class where anything could happen to him. In all honesty, it makes me nervous. I just don't want him getting hurt but I can't just let him cut classes everyday. Can I? If its for the cause Mikey is in then yes, I think I can.
He nods his head slowly.
"Okay. Promise to take me home though?" Like I would really lie to such an introverted, untrusting kid.

"I promise, Mikearoni."

Next thing, there's a knock on my door and it opens with a squeak. My mothers head pops through with a big smile on her face, thinking everything is perfect. Not even accounting for all the times she's brought someone home just to make her feel good about herself and not even think of he only child. Sure, I'm a little moody with her but she doesn't even care about me as much as who her next fuck-buddy will be. It makes me sick.
"Time to get up, swee- Oh, I didn't know you had a friend over last night."

"Oh, really?!, I didn't think you cared so much." I snap back at her because I know she doesn't really care.

"What would make you think that?" Acting all innocent, as usual.

"Just forget. We're up now anyway." She frowns and walks out again.

I turn around to see Mikey looking confused.

"I don't really get on with my mom as you can see." I explain to him. He nods silently still not knowing what to say.

"C'mon, let's get dressed and then we'll get some toast." I smile at him making his mouth curl up in a small grin.

I jump out of bed and grab some clothes off the ground. Mikey pulls on his t-shirt and jeans and we head downstairs, past the living room where my mother is watching television.

"So I hope you like toast because it's all I ever have for breakfast." He chuckles lightly and the toast pops making both of us jump. I butter the toast and then we go out to my car while eating. And we head to school.

"So what class is first?" I ask him getting out of the car in the school car park.

"Uh... History." We both groan knowing how the teacher is a bitch.

"You okay, Mikes? You seem kinda quiet this morning." I ask, his shyness and nervousness finally getting to me.

"Am... Yeah. Just, I..." He stops and shakes his head mumbling a "Doesn't matter".

"Mikey, go on. Tell me. You can trust me."

"Well, I'm just afraid of what Gerard is going to say when I go home... Never mind Pete. It's okay." He sighs gloomily.

"No, it's not okay. If your worried what your Brother is going to say well then it does matter. Just don't let him get to you okay. You haven't done anything wrong or out of the way to anyone. Don't let him give out to you or anything. Do you want me to hang around at yours after school?" I ask, knowing what possible outcomes could come true.
Gerard with a bloody nose.
Or me with a bloody nose.

"But what if he hurts you again? I don't like it when he hurts you." He sounds just like a little child.

"Look Mikes, he won't. I won't let him. And well really, I don't think he wants to. I don't think he really means to hurt me infront of you." Realising how I just phrased it, I add "I don't think he means to hurt me at all." Even though I can tell he'd love to break my face and I, admittedly, would love to break his. But I can restrain myself for Mikey's sake.

He nods his head and we walk through the main doors, Mikey catching every gawk and stare even though all he did was take one step in the door. We make our way to class and take our seats at the back. Some of Aaron's friends decided it would be funny an would make him look cool of he tripped Mikey. Of course the kid fell flat on his face and everyone laughed as we picked up the books he dropped.

"What a fag." I hear the comments and I look at Mikey whose face is just so sad looking and heart broken.

"Emo freak." I see tears well-up in his eyes and he just bows his head, blinking Fastly.

"Couldn't he do us all a favor and just go kill himself." That one was enough to make the tears in his eyes spill over. He rushed to his seat. That comment was also enough to make me loose my temper.

"What the fuck is your problem? Don't insult him like that." I growl at the group of boys. Aaron pushes himself out and decides to reply.

"No, what fuck is your problem? You used to be like us. You hated that pathetic kid's guts. What happened to you?!" He says making me feel angry for saying that Inise to hate Mikey because I never said that. Actually, I said anything about Mikey. In all honesty, I'd sometimes forget he was in my class. He was just so quiet.

"I never fucking said that." Im afraid to see Mikey's face. If he believes them like he seems to his whole life then he'll never talk to me. "And so what if I want to be friends with him? In fact, I want to be best friends with him. And it really should have no effect on you." I tell him, guessing what's about to come.

"Fucking cunt!" He punches me across the face and I fall against Mikey's table. I stand up straight and go at him to push him into the bookcase but the teacher caught me as I pushed him. He did fall but he didn't care. The teacher gave me lunch time detention tomorrow. Great.

"Sit down Mr. Wentz. You've caused enough trouble already." The teachers loud voice echoe through the room an I sat down beside Mikey who is probably afraid to look up from his book, shaking slightly and tears still dripping out of his eyes a small bit.

"Mikes, it's okay. I've never said that. I couldn't hate you. I promise. I'm not gonna hurt you." I try to convince him it's alright. But I dont exactly know what he's sad about. The comments. Or the (small) fight.

He doesn't reply so I leave it til the en of class as I see the teacher glaring at me.

The bell rings and as everyone leaves I stay with Mikey who is almost always last out of class.
"Are you sure you're okay Mikey? What's wrong?" I ask him desperately trying to understand how he feels but I know I'll never be remotely close to how he feels.

"Just... Nothi-"

"Pllllleeeeeeeaasse tell me." I drag the word out in humour at the worst time possible but it puts a smile on Mikey's face.

"I just don't like it when people fight infront of me." My small grin drops and my arms wrap around him immediately. I don't know why he feels like his when people fight but I know I've hurt him.

"Oh... Mikey, I'm so sorry. I didn't realise. I just wanted them to stop saying that stuff. I saw how it made you upset. I'm really sorry. Are you okay now? You know I didn't mean to make you upset right?" I ask frantically, hoping he wasn't to hurt by my stupid actions.

"Yeah. I'm okay. You didn't hurt me Pete. I just don't like watching fights. Are you okay?" He snaps me out of my worries of him being hurt and take a minute to realise my Cheek is swelling but it doesn't hurt as much as how much I've hurt Mikey.

"Yeah. I'm fine Mikes." I smile at his thoughtfulness. He's the most unselfish person ever. "Lets go, yeah?" He nods and we walk to next class.

At the end of 4th lesson, Mikey and I go to our lockers and then go out to my car. When we get in, I notice him fidgeting and shaking like a small puppy in a hailstorm.

"Hey Mikearoni, relax. It's gonna be okay. Nothing's gonna go wrong."

When we arrive at Mikey's apartment block, I see some drunk, homeless person stumble out from the alleyway beside the building. Mikey really lives in a place like this? We got out of the car and go through the main door and make our way to apartment 13.

He stands still staring at the door so I decide to knock on it for him. The door opens up to Frank.

We all stare at each other for a few seconds until I say interrupt the silence.
"Uh... I brought Mikey home early because he was having a bad day." Mikey drops his gaze to the ground. Frank nods and let's us through. Not saying one word.

I follow Mikey into his room and he drops his bag. "My brother is out there." He bites his lip.

We join Frank and Gerard in the kitchen. When he sees me, Gerard's eyes narrowed at me. "Wht are you doing here Pete?" He rolls his eyes.

"G-Gerard, Pete b-brought-t me hom-me cause I h-had a bad day-y." Mikey bravely stutters out. His whole body shaking in fear of being shouted at.
He really is quite afraid of disappointing his brother.

"Yeah, well if Mikey wants to come home, he knows he can just ring me. He doesn't need someone like you to drop him home." He basically ignores Mikey and directs his speech at me.

Frank taps his shoulder and Gerard looks at him receiving a stern look.
He turns back.
"I-I mean... Uh, I mean thanks for bringing him home. You can go now." His eyes immediately moved onto Mikey but Frank interrupted him by nudging him again and mumbling something into his ear.
Gerard huffs and throws his eyes up. Then, they narrowly glare at me.
"C'mon Mikey, let's sit on the couch." He never takes his eyes off me until they are sat on the sofa.

It's usual that I would feel the need to do whatever I want in someone else's house but in the Way's apartment, I feel like I should wait to be invited to do something before I move. Like I'm nervous. Of messing up. Because I want to care for Mikey and I'll never see him again if I act like myself infront of Gerard.

I stand by the counter beside Frank whose leaning back against the counter-top watching Gerard fuss over Mikey and the occasionally glare at me.
"I'd say give Gerard sometime right now. He doesn't get on with people who could be a threat to Mikey. Just leave him for now. He'll come around." Frank says casually, answering the questions in my head.

"But I could never be a threat to Mikey Way."

"I know and I do believe you I guess, just Gerard doesn't. And it's gonna take some time."

I nod.

After a few moments of silence, Frank looks at me, serious eyes staring straight into mine.
"Look, I don't doubt you being Mikey's friend. Fuck, you're the only that'll talk to him with out the words 'fag' or 'loser' coming up. But just know that Mikey is really fragile. He's sensitive and I'm sure as you've guessed, introverted as Hell. So if you do anything to him, I'll kill you before Gerard even finds you. I'm being serious, Pete. Just don't do anything stupid. Even if you don't mean it. Mikey has been through way too much." His voice not changing from his stern, father-like tone. I'm glad someone knows how to deal with Mikey. Frank seems to have everything planned out. He knows how to deal with Gerard and keep Mikey happy.

"I swear Frank, I won't do anything. He's so kind and thoughtful but painfully quiet. I don't want to hurt him. I just want to help him. It's sort of sad. He won't tell me what's wrong. And I don't know what to do." I tell him desperately.

"He's been through alot more than just non-stop bullying. But it's not exactly my business to tell. Just wait. Mikey will open up a bit more."




*




Well, I'm really sorry. But that was the worst piece of shit I've ever written I think but it's all I can do. Please leave a review of what you think and how I could improve because that would be evidently helpful! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story