Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 12

by KobraBlaze 2 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-13 - Updated: 2012-05-13 - 1036 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Chapter 12
Frank's POV

Pete went home a couple of hours after coming. Mikey and him just talked in his room. He makes Mikey happy. I've got nothing against him. But it's just I want to be the one making him happy. I'm his boyfriend. I'm supposed to be with him and protect him from assholes like Pete Wentz. He could break his heart in two seconds.
Of course that's just my jealousy showing. And it's okay to be a little jealous isn't it? I mean it's like Pete just thinks he's all the boy needs. But Mikey needs his brother, a friend and a boyfriend. Pete needs to back off.

I stayed in their apartment that night. Mikey and I cuddled up. I could tell he was upset. Gerard hadn't talked to him after Pete left at all yesterday. He just kept himself in his room and we stayed in Mikey's room. I whispered little things into his ear and left small kisses on his forehead until he fell asleep. He was dead tired too. He was quite uncomfortable yesterday. I could. His brother trying to comfort him from his new friend, Pete who was talking to me just behind him. Mikey got a little worked up about that earlier. He hates it when people argue or fight. He must breakdown in school each day. Especially hanging around with Pete.

For most of the night I could hear Gerard's sobs full of so many emotions he can't cope. It's such a mess we're in. I don't blame Gerard really. He just wants to protect Mikey but he is keeping him from having a friend which is completely unfair. I got up at six after hearing some of Gerard's more cries. Has he even slept?

I made coffee and then knocked on his door.
The sobs stopped along with all other noises and movement.

"Gerard, can I come in?" I open the door anyway not waiting for a reply that I know I won't get.
"I made coffee." That one statement made his head rise. He quickly rubbed his eyes and he grabbed the cup out of my hand like the coffee addict he is.
"Thanks"
We sipped at our coffee in silence. I was just waiting for him to say something. I guess he just didn't want to say anything.

"I really tried yesterday..." He mumbled staring into the almost empty cup of coffee.

"I know." is all I say. I know he tried but it's not like you have to try to not be mean to someone.

"I just hate his fucking guts." He curses and finishes his coffee.

"Probably because you haven't actually had a civil conversation with him."

"And have you even talked to him?"

"Yes actually. I talked to him while you were too busy glaring at him and fussing over Mikey... He is really nice. He really cares Gerard. I mean it."

He looks away again, wishing he had a proper excuse to hate him.
"But Frank, I don't want him to hurt Mikey. Sure he can pay for it after he does hurt him but that's not the point. Mikey will be hurt and I don't want that to happen." I can see he cares so much for Mikey but how he's acting like he is going to get hurt isn't helping. He doesn't even know what Pete thinks. They should really talk things out.
But all 4 of us know how things could end up if that happens.

"Gerard, I know you wanna look after Mikey and I can see how someone like Pete is a danger but if you just spoke to him about it maybe you'd see Pete isn't all what you seem to think." I sit down on the bed beside him. "I don't want to hear about how we can't trust Pete, anymore. Just please give him a fucking chance."

Gerard sighs and nods his head. He looks at me again. "Okay. I will talk to him."

"Thanks Frank for helping the whole time. I know I haven't really been showing it but I really do appreciate having you hear for Mikey's sake."

"It's no problem." I say to him and smile.

We stand up and gives me a quick hug. It catches me off guard but I try to hug back. He stares into my eyes for a few seconds and I can't help but stare back. Eventually, we snap ourselves out of it and we walk into the kitchen although it's around 6 a.m.

"You okay now?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yeah"

"Cool. Want some toast?" I put some bread in the toaster and offer him some.

"Sure. Please."

A few minutes later the toast pops and we eat it in silence. But it's comfortable. Gerard puts on the t.v. and we both sit on the couch. I can tell Gerard is still upset over the whole thing. It must frustrating to know your emotionally fragile brother is hanging out with some smart-assed kid and not be able to to convince your brother he's gonna end up hurt. But that's the way Gerard sees it. It's not gonna end up that way. I know it and I know Gerard will too once he talks to Pete properly.
I throw my arm around Gerard's shoulders and squeeze him slightly, letting him know that it's okay. He rests his head against my shoulder and we watch the television comfortably. I feel guilty. Like I shouldn't be sitting with Gerard like this knowing my boyfriend is in the next room but Gerard needs a bit of comforting. And I'm sure Mikey would understand that.

"Its alright." I whisper, planting a meaningless little kiss in his hair. And I do mean its meaningless. I love Mikey. More than anything.

Well, that's what I convince myself to think.

But I do love him.



*



Well that's that. Quite short I know but it fits with the next chapter better this way. Please leave a review of what you think and how I can improve. I don't really like the middle of this chapter so I hope it wasn't really bad. Anyway, thank you so much for reading! :)
Sign up to rate and review this story