Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Flase Justice

Chapter Ten

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

Jared tries to dig deeper and then hears something terrifying in his sleep

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-05 - Updated: 2012-05-06 - 563 words - Complete

0Unrated
He had drifted off to sleep despite knowing that it would cause a stiffness in his neck. He hadn’t meant to sleep but sitting there for a long time had worn him out and bored him half to death. He had waited for someone to come back in and yet no one had, he had been left there as if he hadn’t ever mattered. He was awake now though, the loud opening of the door waking him out of his sleep. He looked about himself until his eyes finally rested on the orderly who had come in.

“You’re up…” He said, setting down the case he was holding beside him once he knelt in front of Jared.

“Crazy that I even slept.” He said, forcing the words out from his dry throat.

The orderly looked about himself and nodded like he understood. “Well the doctor wants you asleep…”
Jared’s brows knitted together with confusion. “Why’s he want that?”

He shrugged. “Damn if I know.”

Jared let a quiet settle between them as the orderly prepared a syringe and then he looked at the man, letting his question form on his tongue. “You told me to figure it out or I’d end up like the rest of them…”

The orderly looked up at him, holding his gaze for a long moment before looking back to his work without answering.

“What did you mean by that?” He pressed.

“I was stupid to put those sorts of thoughts in your head…Look you just gotta cooperate even if you don’t know what the hell is going on.”

Jared's confusion grew as he tried to understand what the hell was going on. “But you said…”

He shook his head. “Promise me you’ll cooperate.”

Jared didn’t respond until finally he nodded, defeated in the situation. “What about Dr.Lawrence’s son? He says he doesn’t remember anything either.”

The orderly let the truth run through his eyes without exposing anything. “Guess he’s the same as you.” He stated, hating how definite it sounded. That kid had been here for awhile, he didn’t really want to see that happen again.

Jared didn’t say anything more. He only watched the orderly pierce his skin with the syringe and then carefully leave the room with his bag the same way he had come in.

It took a few minutes for the drug to take an effect but eventually he was drowsy and he felt himself losing consciousness. His previous sleep had been broken, this felt heavy.

He wasn’t sure how long had passed but eventually something loud echoed off the corners of his mind and he was forced awake. The drowsiness remained as did his blurred vision but everything else proved he wasn’t sleeping anymore. He heard crying, muffled tears but he couldn’t see a damned thing.

“Is it him?” Shouted a man angrily.

There was crying and then a blunt and heavy sound came. The man repeated his question.

“Yes, yes it’s him!” It was a woman’s voice that cried out then and then everything went silent as if none of it had happened at all. But he knew better. He was becoming good at differentiating what was real and what was merely a dream and that was definitely not a dream.
Sign up to rate and review this story