Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The New Kid Is In Town

The Consequence

by mychemicalpony 2 reviews

School brings some drama and something had happens to Mikey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2012-05-06 - Updated: 2012-05-06 - 2244 words - Complete

0Unrated
Okay, first of all, sorry for not updating sooner. I would have but I was working on Where The Sun Doesn't Rise, please check that out if you like horror and mystery, that sort of stuff. So anyway, please review because otherwise I don't know whether I should carry on with the story...

Gerard's POV

I woke up early next morning with Frank lying next to me, and we lay with him tucked up into my chest for quite some time. He looked so cute when he was alseep, it was just adorable. I glanced at the clock and suddenly sat up because we had ten minutes until the bus left, which meant we had no time for a shower or breakfast, just to get dressed.

I grabbed some dirty clothes off the floor while Frank hurriedly got some clean ones out of the drawer and he hopped around the room trying to get his legs into tight red jeans and it was so hilarious, I forgot about getting dressed for a moment. He scowled at me briefly then finished getting dressed.

We raced downstairs to see Mikey disappear out of the door so we pushed our feet into our shoes and ran after him, knowing that the bus was bound to be waiting. We raced down the drive and sure enough, saw the bus waiting. We jumped onto it and hung on as it moved off. Me and Frank found seats and we couldn't stop laughing, it was so funny. Mikey hesitated when he sat in front of us but sat down anyway, and seemed to be listening to music, which was fine with me. It meant we didn't have to talk to him. Me and Frankie listened to Paramore on the way, singing along to Hallelujah, I Caught Myself and Misery Business.

At school, me, Frankie and Ray sat on the bench and waited for Bob and the others to emerge. We didn't know where Mikey was, he had mysteriously disappeared after he got off the bench. The others arrived and I started a conversation.

'Hey, guys? I think we should have band practise today. It's been too long since we last had one.' I said.

The others agreed and at lunch, we went up to the music room with our instruments. Max, Matt, Chris, Frank and Ray started tuning their guitars or basses and Bob and Dan played a few short beats to warm up. I just stood there awkwardly until everyone else was ready.

'Seeing as we don't have Josh or Mikey, how about we all play together?' Chris suggested, and we all agreed. Max suggested that they learn Skylines And Turnstiles and we taught them and eventually we were all playing. It was amazing, and even though it sounded a bit heavy with the guitars, seeing as Mikey wasn't here, it still sounded like raw emotion was being poured into it and it made my stomach churn with excitement.

We were going to try to play If I Were In Your Shoes but the lunch break ended and we couldn't get in trouble with teachers, because then our privalage to play in the music room whenever we wanted would be removed. It kinda sucked the way teachers had so much power over us and there wasn't a single thing we could do about it.

In form, Mr Toms announced that the classes would be changing half way through the year, so that year 7 and 8's would be in together, year 9 and 10's together, year 12 and 13's together and year 11's would be on their own because they needed to study well for GCSEs apparently. Most of the room wore angry faces, me, Frank and Bob included because it meant totally messing up the timetables, lessons and who we were with in the lessons.

Later on in form, a note was passed around saying to join the Facebook group 'Stop The School Changes' and apparently there were details there about the stuff that students will do to protest the changes. I couldn't wait to get back and check it out, it sounded exciting. Frank looked a bit unsure about taking action, but then I reminded him that he didn't want yet another change in less than 2 months, and he quickly agreed with me after that.

As we made our way to our last lesson, the only conversation people seemed to be having was about the changes and what they'd do about it, and in Maths, no one did any work because they were so distracted. Miss Williamson got really angry at our lack of concentration but then we said that it was because of the changes and she got really mad at us for that. She screamed her head off (not literally) but it didn't work; still no one did any work, even the really easy worksheet that she gave us as a last attempt to get our attention, so in the end she gave up and put on some shitty pop music.

'Miss, why do you have to have that music on? Some of us will go deaf from such toneless music, if you can even call it that!' I shouted out, with Frank and Ray at my side nodding enthusiastically.

'Because it is what most of us like. You 3 are just oddballs.' She responded, which made me lose my temper.

'THAT COULD BE CLASSED AS DISCRIMINATION! SOME OF US HAVE A DECENT TASTE IN MUSIC AND REFUSE TO LET US LISTEN TO IT? ALL THIS POP CRAP IS SAYING IS YOU A STUPID HOE AND THAT IS NOT ONLY DEGRADING MUSIC, BUT IT HAS REALLY BAD GRAMMAR!'

'Gerard, your music isn't much better, it's just a ton of guitars and singers saying to go and kill yourself!'

'OH, SO HOW IS YOU'RE NOT ALONE! AND NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER BACK DOWN! TELLING US TO KILL OURSELVES? THAT MUSIC HAS GOT ME THROUGH THE HARDEST TIMES OF MY LIFE AND YOU KNOW WHAT? I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU PULL THROUGH WITH /BABY, BABY, BABY, OHHHH!/! THOSE LYROCS HAVE NO FUCKING MEANING BUT ROCK MUSIC ACTUALLY HAS MEANING! LOVE SONGS ARE ABOUT HOW THEY'LL NEVER ABANDON THEM WHEREAS YOUR "LOVE" SONGS ARE ALL ABOUT ONE NIGHT STANDS AND SHIT LIKE THAT! AND THEN YOU THINK THAT IT'S ROCK THAT'S GONNA RUIN SOCIETY?!'

'If you stop swearing, I'll put on what you call decent music for the rest of the lesson. Okay?' Miss Williamson finally saw where I was coming from and backed down. Winning was sweet.

Me, Frank and Ray decided to put on Deaf Havana, I Will Try to show how inspirational rock/alternative music is. Really though, that song is one of the best examples of inspirational music and guess what? It's rock music. That just shows how great it really is.

After that song finishes, we pick 30 Seconds To Mars, Alibi just to prove our point further. Most of the class has a frown on their face but some look like they like this, which is good because we have finally shown them what good music is.

It was strange because we hadn't seen Mikey all day except when he was on the bus and we saw him again when we went home, but he didn't speak. He got off at the first stop possible, and I wondered what he was doing until I got his text.

G, I'm walking home the rest o the way. I really am sorry about what I did and I hope you can forgive me. I will never ever do anything like that again. M x

When we got home, I straight away went on the computer with Frank hovering over my shoulder, so we could check Facebook and hopefully prevent the change in school from happening. I mean, we were in year 11, so it didn't really affect is until next year, but all our teachers and timetables would be changed and it would muck up our preparation for GCSEs. I don't particularly care about grades, but I can see why it would seriously affect them and I just want a reason to cause a fuss and hate the teachers.

I log on, join the group and read what it has to say.

Guys, we need to stop this change from happening. If you're with us, spend tonight and tomorrow night making banners or signs against the change and then on Friday at 10am sharp, gather outside the canteen and we will march into town with our banners. Feel free to wear badges, etc, and it probably won't be a peaceful march, more a mad run into town in protest. Be prepared for all weather BECAUSE WE NEED TO FIGHT THIS UNJUST ACTION TOGETHER!

Frank and I looked at each other and sprint to the cupboard where everything to do with art and craft is kept and we dig out some card and wooden sticks. We settle in the living room and get to work with drawing big banners and signs against the school.

When we have about 3 signs and 2 banners, we hear the door open and we race to the door in case it was a burglar, which was unlikely, but still a possibility. Mikey walks in with a black eye, various cuts on his face, one arm clutched to his side and putting all his weight on one leg. My stomach churns uncomfortably as I realise he'd got beaten up and it was all my fault from over reacting. I had made him feel like he'd had to walk home and if I'd just forgiven him sooner, this might not have happened.

Frank rushes forward to support him and I run into the kitchen to grab the first aid kit. Frank and I managed to get him upstairs into the bathroom so we could clean him up as best as we could, and we sat him down on the edge of the bath tub. I glanced at Frank's face quickly and I saw his eyes which were full of emotion. He understood what mental and physical pain Mikey must have been feeling at that moment and he just wanted to ease it.

I rinsed out a warm cloth and began to gently dab at his cuts to wash away the blood. He winced and I made a mental note to be even more gentle. Frank remembered that he was limping and rolled up his torn trouser leg, to reveal a swollen ankle. He gently touched it and Mikey let out a blood curdling scream, and Frank and I glance at each other as we realised that it was broken.

I carried on wiping his face as Frank asked permission to lift up his shirt. When he did, I saw a whole mass of deep purple bruises and a funny shape poking out where his bottom rib should have been. We sigh and Frank calls an ambulance, because neither of us can drive, mum's away at work still and there aren't any buses for 2 hours.

'Gerard, they say that he should be fine until tomorrow as long as we bandage his ankle and torso and don't let him go to sleep. Shall we wait until tomorrow or until your mom gets back?' Frank said, with a pretty little frown. He really was worried like I was, I couldn't describe the over-protective brotherly feeling I felt then.

'Um I dunno, probably until mum gets back. We shouldn't keep him here any longer than possible.' I answered while chewing my bottom lip nervously. Frank nodded and helped me get the bandages on my brother. After he was temporarily patched up, we shared the weight of him and took him downstairs. Frank went to make him a hot chocolate and I stayed with him. I put on the Kerrang! channel really loud to keep him awake, and I couldn't have fallen alseep with that noise on. Not that Green Day is just noise, it was just really loud.

Frank came back in with the hot chocolate and I asked him quietly 'Why can't we let him fall asleep?'

'In case he has concussion, and if he falls asleep with concussion, he could go into a coma and not wake up...'

Oh my god. I had no idea it was so dangerous, so I sat close to Mikey and started talking to him about rubbish, really. I just know that I was talking. Frank joined in and I think we mentioned about the strike on Friday, but I can't quite remember. We stayed with him like that until midnight, when my mum got home from work. She saw the lights still on and came in to see what was keeping us up. Frank quickly explained to her what had happened and after that, I can't really remember a lot because I was too tired to register.

That was written on my phone so there are probably quite a few typos and it's also probably quite short, I can't check the word count. Also, the strike really did happen at my school and if you want to see it, type into YouTube 'King's School, Ottery strike' and it should be quite near the top. So anyway. Mikey got beaten up, bless him! Aww haha I'll stop it now :D please R&R, I want to know what you guys think and stuff. mychemicalpony
Sign up to rate and review this story