Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 14

by KobraBlaze 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-05-16 - Updated: 2012-05-16 - 1371 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Hi. I hope this chapter is alright. The interesting stuff starts here I think. You wouldn't believe the amount of times I have changed the storyline but I'm pretty sure I'm settled on what I've got thanks to the people who have been reviewing all along. Thank you! :)

Chapter 14
Pete's POV

As I raced down the road, I couldn't help but worry what had happened to Mikes. He could be hurt. No, I could tell. He is hurt. Either physically or emotionally. And it's my job to make it better if it's bad enough he can't trust his own brother to deal with it. I wonder if he was involved.
He sounded weak and tired on the phone. He could be out cold on the pavement. He could freezing to death. He could be in some creep's van by now. My heart picked up its pace. After getting the phone call, I was barely awake, but the more I thought about Mikey alone and hurt, the more I woke up and panick.

My eyes almost pop out of my head and my heart, along with the skidding tyres on my car, stop upon turning the corner and and seeing the state Mikey is in. He's curled up, head buried in his arms and shaking in his skinny t-shirt. He looks so hopeless, like he feels he deserves to be out there. But he doesn't. Nobody does but he stands out from everyone. Like I could pass every homeless person on the street but wouldn't be able to leave him, to freeze and starve to death. It's so early in the morning too. Too early for him to be beat up. Too early for him to be outside at all. What on earth just happened to him?

I jump out of my car after pulling up in front of him. He doesn't even raise his head until I'm kneeling in front of him and I call his name, while holding him. He looks at me with frightened eyes at first that then reduce in size yet still upset and frantic looking. The coldness radiates of his shaking form and I too begin to feel cold.

"Mikey. It's alright. I've got you. It's okay." It's okay. 2 words I'm sure he's heard way too many times to ever believe. They just pass through his ears as lies. But I'm gonna at least try to make it okay. I have to. For my little Mikearoni.

"C'mon. Let's get into my car. It's much warmer. You're frozen." I tell him, watching his eyelids droop with tiredness. "Can you stand?" I ask him.

He nods his head ever so slightly and I watch him attempt to stand on his wobbly feet. The poor kid collapses and I catch him before he reaches the ground. He's too weak to even stand yet he tries his best knowing he can't do it. His eyes close making me worry.

"Mikey? Try keep your eyes open. At least til we get home." After thinking of how much of a challenge that would be, I add "Even to the car. Where it's warm." I pick him up in my arms and carry him over to the car, placing him gently in the passenger seat. I get in the other side and I turn the heating up fully. His eyes try to figure out where he is after moving so fast. But he fails and his eye lids just close gently.

"Mikey, sweetie, please stay awake. You can sleep when you're home." When I finish the sentence, his eyes pop open again with fear. Something must have happened at home between him and Gerard. "It's okay Mikearoni. You can sleep at my home. Which is yours now too." He can't even acknowledge what I'm saying. He's too tired.

I pull up in my driveway and he lift his, hopefully, sleeping body out and I carry him inside, careful not to wake my mom. He's so light. It must be unhealthy. He's not even a struggle.
I bring him upstairs and into my bedroom to lay him down on the bed. I watch his chest rise an fall, getting more even as he breaths. I can't wake him up. He'd have no idea where he is or what's happening. So I leave him to sleep.

Suddenly, his phone rings and I grab it out of his pocket before he wakes. The caller ID says Gee. I'm not sure what todo so I just deny the call. Within the next few minutes, it calls another couple of times and I cancel all of them too. Then a text comes from Frank saying "Where are you sweetie? Please come back. Or at least reply to tell where you are. I'm really worried Mikes. xx" I think whether I should reply to tell them he is safe but that could cause trouble. They'd know I have him and they'd think I won't bring him home safely. But I will. But it's gotta be safe there first.
I go against relplying. Mikey can decide that when he wakes up.


~


I stay with him the whole time he sleeps in case he'd wake up and I had left the room. The poor crater would freak! And also, I enjoy watching him (in a non-weird way!). Just to watch his bony ribs rising and falling peacefully. To see the way his thin lips are parted slightly, making a small whistling noise when he breathed in. Just to see his usual pain-stricken eyes rest peacefully for once. Away from any trouble. And I'm gonna keep it that way.

Soon enough, his eyelids flutter open and his tired eyes try to make out where he is. Within a couple of seconds they're wide open and a look of panic is painted across his face.
"It's okay Mikes. It's alright. You're at mine. You're safe now. Okay?" I tell him. He relaxes a bit more and glances around the room.

"Sorry." He mumbles, looking down. Immediately, I sit beside him and give him a hug. The kid is apologising for something he did against me and I don't even know what it is. He hasn't done a thing out of the way.

"Mikearoni, you haven't even done anything. What are you sorry about?" Not wanting an actual reply, I get one.

"I... I just- You woke up really early just to rescue me an-" I interrupt him.

"Mikey, you're hurt and I want to make you feel better. Of course I'm going to rescue you even if it means waking up early in the morning. I'd rather know you're safe with me than to be worrying about you in school the next day." He nods, clearly still not believing it though by the look of disbelief on his face.

There is a silence between us yet it's comfortable. But I really wanna know what's got him so upset.
"Mikes, what happened?" He shakes his head at first while sinking down in the bed.

"C'mon sweetie, tell me." His cheeks redden at the nickname. "Just tell me. You can trust me." I think that's the problem. He just can't trust anyone. His parents don't seem to be in his life anymore. And after loosing the two people who should love you the most, I can imagine why he doesn't like to depend on other people.

He looks me in the eyes. Searching for something to believe me but he shakes his head again.
"Listen, how about we get some breakfast, we take the day off school and we'll just hang out here. And maybe then you might wanna talk. Sound okay?" He thinks about it and then nods.

Then, his phone rings. Again. Making us both jump. I pass it too him. He looks at the caller ID and his eyes open wider. "I eh... I don't want to speak to Gerard right now." I notice how he uses Gerard's actual name instead of 'Gee'.

Something has definitely happened between them.



*



There you go. I hope that it was alright. Please leave a review of what you think and how I can improve or rate it. Thank you for being so cool to read!
Sign up to rate and review this story