Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The story you auditioned for!!!

That's right I'm a nerd.

by killjoywantsacooki 1 review

Joan's a bit to smart.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-20 - Updated: 2012-05-20 - 1320 words

0Unrated
“Joan, what did you mean by that earlier?” Sam asked me.
“Never mind.” I said sitting down next to the wall. She sat next to me and pulled out her book.
“Hey Sam, hey Joan.” A girl said sitting next to Sam.
“Hi Lucy, what did your mum say about the Green day concert?”
“Yeah she said she’ll buy all the tickets.”
“AWESOME!” Sam shouted. I looked at her, she glanced over at me. “Did you wanna come?”
“Yeah, but I don’t think I will be welcomed.”
“You can come.” Lucy said looking over Sam at me.
“Thanks, if I get the money can your mum buy my tickets too?” I asked pulling out my book.
“Yeah, if you can get the money to her in the next 2 weeks cause that’s when they go on sale.”
“Yeah, im going for a job interview after school.”
“Oh where you going for a job at?” Lucy asked.
“That pet shop a couple of streets away.”
“You wanna know a funny story about that pet shop?” Sam asked me.
“What?” I looked around the room.
“That’s where Frank works.” She nodded her head.
“Oh WOW! Big shock there.” I said just as the teacher walked in.
“Alright class.” The teacher said, “Mrs Harris has left so im am your new teacher, Mr Wilson, and I’ll be here until Mrs Harris is ready to come back but by that time you will all have gone and will never return.” We all looked at each other as he spoke.
“Right first im gonna have to learn all your names. Starting from this end of the room.”
After he’d gone around the entire room he got to Lucy.
“I’m Lucy and i hate spiders.” He turned to Sam.
“Hi im Sam and I’m afraid of getting mugged by a really fat guy called Bubba.” She smiled, I looked at her confused.
“And the last young lady?” He looked at me.
“I’m Joan and this is my second day at this school.” I said.


After English I followed Sam toward what looked to be science. “Sup Frankie.” Sam said as turned the corner.
“Just about to go to History.” Then he turned to me, “ Just a heads up, the science teacher is a bitch.”
“Thanks again for the advice.” Sam started to walk away, I waved to Frank and walked after her. We got into class and took our seats.
“Alright, let’s get straight into it. Who can tell me what Chloroplast is?” The old blonde haired lady said. I looked around the class no one said or did anything. “No one?” she asked.
“Chloroplast contains a green chemical called Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll traps the light energy needed for photosynthesis.” I said, everyone looked at me. That’s right im a nerd.
“Well done…” she paused.
“Joan.” I muttered, she had a confused look on her face.
“How did you know that?” she asked walking over the white board and writing the meaning of Chloroplast on in.
“In Australia I learnt this every year from year 7 to 9.”
“You’re Australian!?” Sam hissed at me.
“It never came up till now.” I shrugged my shoulders.
“Why don’t you have an accent?” She asked turning her whole body towards me.
“We don’t have accents.” I began to write what the teacher wrote on the board.
“Hey Joan.” Someone said behind me, I turned around and one of the girls that I was with yesterday called me.
“Yeah.” I scratched my nose.
“Is it hot in Australia?”
“Not really, the tops temperature I remember was 48 degrees.” I can’t remember this girl’s name! She asked me about the farm yesterday. What is her Name!
Not now brain.
“I’m Dani, if you’re wondering about my name.”
“DANI! SAM! DON’T DISTCRACT JOAN!” The teacher yelled, “Now can anyone give the definition of A Mitochondrion?” Her eyes flicked to me. “How about you Joan?”

“Really? That word is such a mouthful!” I leaned back in my chair. Dani snickered behind me, so did Sam.


I walked out of the science class room closely following Sam and Dani.
“So, is it fun on a farm? I’ve always wanted to live on one, but im kinda stuck here in Jersey.” Sam asked. I took out my earphones and draped them over my neck.
“It’s fun but you hardly get anytime because you’re. Well on my farm I worked a lot, and the spare time I had I was working with my stallion.”
“Stallion? Aren’t they like really hard to train?” Sam asked.
“No. Out of all the horses I had, he was my best trained, he was good if you just wanted to float around, work with cattle and show jumping.”
“You were a show jumper?”
“I still am, I just haven’t done It in a while.” We got to the place we sit, “Hey Frank.” I sad walking up and standing next to him.
“Hey mate.” Frank looked at me, and smiled.
“Mate?” I asked confused.
“Don’t you say that in Australia?”
“How did you find out?” I threw my arms up in the air.
“Sam texted me.” I threw her a dirty look, “She also told me you’re going to have a job interview at the same pet store I work at.”
“That okay with you?” I asked, I was pissed off but I didn’t know why.
“Are you going straight there?” He asked.
“Yea-”
“ARGH! I HATE MY DAD WHY DOES HE WANT TO RUIN MY LIFE!” One of the girls screamed. I turned and looked at them.
“Why whats the matter?” Frank asked.
“Dad said I can’t go to the Green Day concert without him!”
“Dude! My mum will be there, tell him not to worry.” Lucy said.
“No, I hung up on him, I’ll tell him this afternoon.”

“Least your family is caring for you, I can’t remember the last time my mum said she loved me.” I said flicking my fringe out of my eyes.
“Is that a good or bad thing?” She looked at me her red curly hair bouncing as she turns her neck.
“Good because I don’t love her back, and bad because I still need a mother.”
“What about your dad? Is he there?” the red head asked.
“He’s out of the picture. For good.” I said kicking the small pebble in front of me.
“Out of the picture for good, is he dead? Or just not coming back?” Gerard asked. I jumped a little at the word ‘dead’. I looked at Frank, he looked at me.
“No he’s not dead, he’s still in Australia.” Frank said taking a step forward.
“You knew she was from Australia? Why didn’t you tell us?” Sam asked dropping Mikeys hands.
“No.” He shook his head.
“Yesterday when I took him home, we were talking about our families, I just told him. ‘Where I came from.’”
“And we left it at that.”
“Guys who’s up for a road trip to New York?” Gerard asked walking over hand in hand with Anna.
“Why what’s in New York?” Frank asked.
“Everything.” Someone mumbled.
“The carnival is on in three weeks.”
“So is the Green Day concert.” Dani said.
“I know which the coolest thing is.” Gerard said, looking at Anna.
“We go to the concert the first day there and then we go to the carnival. So whose game?” She asked.
“I am.” Sam said, taking a step forward, she looked at Mikey.
“I guess I am too.” Mikey pipped up.
After everyone said yes they all looked at me.
“Well, im going to the concert, so I might as well go.”
“YAY!” Nearly everyone screamed. I looked to Frank, he had the biggest smile on his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story