Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Strangeland

Chapter Eight

by ArielMaria 0 reviews

After discovering what happened to Alessandra and finds another twist in the story

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-05-24 - Updated: 2012-05-25 - 559 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Took awhile! UGH!

Chapter Eight

The police searched through the house, constantly throwing looks to Jared who sat at the foot of the stairs speechless. Alessandra's roommate did most of the talking, explaining that she had definitely not committed suicide which was obvious considering the way she had died: strangulation. Jared couldn't stand to hear anymore of it. The talk that this was just another body to be wheeled over to the morgue, another file to be scanned through, and just another case to be solved. Sure he hadn't treated her so kindly, he hadn't acted like she had meant much but that didn't mean she was just another person to be discussed.

He stood up, tightened his coat around himself and made his way towards the door. He got out and was immediately stopped outside by the lead detective on the scene.

"Am I allowed to go home?" Jared asked, exasperated, falling apart. His eyes were nearly hollow and everything that had once seemed lively about his face and his personality seemed to have disappeared.

"Of course you are. I just thought that maybe we could ask you some questions?" The detective was understanding, not at all pressing which surprised Jared more than anything.

Jared lowered his head and gave something of a nod. He tried not to let the tears rise to the surface as he thought again of seeing Alessandra in that room. She was laying dead on that bed, limply placed beneath the writing on the wall. There had been lacerations on her body, and dark bruises on her neck. He had slept with her in that bed and now she was dead in it.

"Her friend said that you were here because Alessandra hadn't made it to work?"

Jared nodded. "Never missed a day." He replied weakly.

"Were you close to her?"

He shook his head and swallowed harshly. "Not at all. We barely knew each other, just a little odd that she didn't show up." He was beginning to fear the loss of his voice as he watched the detective study his every expression.

"And the writing on the wall....do you have any idea about that?"

Jared looked off, hating that any of this could be connected to him. He let out a burdened breath before he looked back to the detective. "Someone has been sort of stalking me...Made a couple of reports, been getting a little violent."

"Do you know who it is?"

"Some girl I guess? I've done some not so nice things to some of the women I've seen. That should explain it..but this?" He broke off and looked away. He wiped at his face and forced back his tears, hating the way his hands were slightly shaking.

The detective stuffed his notebook into his coat and gave an understanding nod. "I'm sorry about all of this, Mr. Leto but I don't think this has anything to do with what's happened here."

Jared's brows knitted together a little.

"Mr. Leto whoever did this to Alessandra wasn't some girl...unless she had really massive strength."

"What are you talking about?"

"Now I can't be sure but by the looks of it, whoever did this wasn't a girl at all. Whoever did this was a man. Can you think of any man who has anything against you, Mr.Leto?"
Sign up to rate and review this story