Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > All The Other Kids With The Pumped Up Kicks

All The Other Kids With The Pumped Up Kicks

by dancingdragon 0 reviews

It All Starts In Jersey, Don't It?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-10-14 - Updated: 2012-05-18 - 1136 words

0Unrated
Prologue
It was a couple months ago, the day my world changed. It played everyday in my head, haunting me, more like taunting me really. But I acted like it didn’t bother me, but the constant parties, drinking, stealing, drugs spoke about me differently. It wasn’t ‘till we moved to Jersey when I started the hardcore stuff, but I would’ve gone insane in that house, knowing it was where she last sleep, walking into my room and seeing all her stuff, unturned and waiting for her as if she would be coming home.

I always blamed myself for her death; it was my fault we had switched schools. I never had a lot of friends, and got into a lot of trouble with teachers who had the most political thoughts on life, all of which were complete bullshit back then. The days I had a creative mind, I didn’t see in shades of gray when not on drugs. The days she was still alive; when I was still alive. I might as well end the pity party for myself, because it didn’t help anything. There’s no real point to anything anymore, don’t we all die in the end? Yeah, YOLO does have meaning, fuck everything up as much as possible, then you die. That’s my interpretation anyways. Nothing mattered anyways,

Don’t we all just lie in two places in the end anyways, in a coffin or ashes?



Chapter 1

I made my way up the slippery steps, feeling my feet grip whatever friction it could. It was a rainy day, the kind that relaxes you and feels great. I opened the cold metal doors, immediately feeling something was wrong. I blamed it on the shorts i was wearing, making it seem colder and making my nerves go wild.

Where is everyone?

“Where is everyone?” Lily asked, apparently wondering the same thing as me.

“I don’t know, maybe there’s a drill we’re missing or something.” I told her. We were late, as usual, but there was absolutely no one in this damn dark building. We made our way to the main area, labeled ‘Atrium” and looked around for the main office. We didn’t speak, I don’t know why, I guess the first day nerves were getting to us.

That was when we heard it, the first scream that would change everything.

“What the fuck?” I asked the air in confusion, and I grabbed lily’s arm and charged towards the direction the scream was in. It wasn’t one of those “OMG, stop tickling me!” Kind of screams, it was a bloodcurdling scream of terror. The air didn’t answer, the bastard, and just as I was about to give up on navigating this school and just go home, more screams of terror surrounded me, making me cover my ears as unmistakable gunshot sounds were followed by the scream. I knew how this went, I’ve seen it in all the Columbine re-enactment videos, this was a school shooting.

It was a situation I had put myself in my head a thousand times, always thinking of what I’d do if this was me. It didn’t matter anymore, none of that applied anymore, I wasn’t some kind of hero in this situation, all that mattered was getting Lily and I to a good hiding place. I quickly surveyed the area, not knowing a clue where to go.

There were two doors, one down the hallway with screams, one without. Being the obvious genius I was, I pulled her and I down the hallway without the screams. I shoved open the doors, and ran down the hallway looking around frantically. I looked inside the upright rectangle window, to the bloody lifeless bodies on the ground. I forced myself to go inside, the smell of death so sullen I thought I would puke. Lily yelled in protest, and I covered her mouth quickly with my hand as I shut the classroom door.

“Look I know you’re scared, but he wont go into a classroom of people he already killed would he.” I explained to her, and she nodded with tears in her eyes.

“Pretend to be dead ‘till someone comes in, got it? Don’t get up for anything, ‘till the cops come.” I told her and laid down, where a space not covered in blood was and Lily found a similar spot near me, still in my sight.

Minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, and days felt like years. It had to have been 2 minutes when we heard the boots clunking along the door, and Lily let out a cry of fear. She quickly covered her mouth, but it was too late. The door opened, and I felt fear and adrenaline take over my body as a new aura entered the room. It was filled with hate and uncertainty, as he bent down to inspect each body. All were dead of course, and I could feel myself let out a quiet sigh of relief as his sick, twisted face left mine. He had checked if i was dead, which he obviously thought I was.

The days of playing dead and seeing my dogs reaction paid off, but obviously Lily had no poker-face. As he bent down, a grin spread across his face as he heard a desperate sob. I was watching through squinted eyes, still seeming dead. He pressed the barrel to her head, and I could feel my foot twitch, itching to get up and help my younger sibling.

“Oh god, please help!” She whispered as tears flowed like waterfalls.

“Do you believe in god?” He asked, his grin becoming more and more sickening.

“Yes!” Lily sobbed, the gun pressed against the back of her head.

“If God did exist, he will stop me from shooting you! C’mon god, help the little girl!” He screamed, shouting at the roof as if it was god. I couldn’t watch, but I knew I had to or I would never let myself forget.

“Looks like you’re ‘outta luck!” He yelled, and the gunshot that would change everything was fired. He snickered as Lily moved no more; closing her eyes for the last time. He grabbed the other dead bodies, piling them up around and on top of me in my little corner. I forced myself to stay quiet as their blood stained my clothes, and the smell of death staining my nose.


I woke up in cold sweats, shoving the blankets and pillows off my back, my body somehow forming itself in the position I was laying in the day where my world turned upside down.

It’s gonna be a great day at a brand new school already.
Sign up to rate and review this story