Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Beg For Mercy

Road Rage

by lalatherapist16 1 review

Mercy sees just why Frank and his friends are called fighters

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-05-29 - Updated: 2012-05-29 - 1370 words

0Unrated
Frank was actually really smart. Considering who he is, that is. His friends picked us up once we'd been let out of the classroom.

The car was beaten, the inside thick with smoke. “Hey guys. This is Mercy.” he held the door open for me to slide into the back.

My hair caught on the leather slightly. The girl I stopped next to beamed at me. “Hi! I'm Joyce!” she hugged me hard around my shoulders.

“Hi...” I looked at my feet as Frank slid in next to me and closed the door. He rolled down the window and pulled a glasses case out of his backpack.

He passed it around to a guy in front of him. Mr. Fro opened it and took a cigarette out.

The case of death made it back around to Frank. “Frankie, gotta light?” the guy driving asked.

“No, I'd been hoping that Ray'd be flaming enough to light it.” he snorted and pulled a lighter out of his jacket and stuck in the fro in front of him.

“Hey!” he shook the lighter out of his hair and lit his cigarette. Like the case, it made it's way around the car.

“Mercy, you want one?” Frank asked, tipping the case toward me. My face paled.

“I don't smoke.” I whispered. He raised his eyebrows at me.

“Joyce?” he looked at her over my shoulder. My face was pulled around.

“Here, I'll help ya out. Just don't swallow.” she took a drag and leaned toward me.

Our lips met, her mouth opening mine. She blew smoke into my mouth.

I breathed through nose; mostly in shock; and the toxic smoke filled my lungs. It burned, making me take another small breath through my nose.

Joyce sat back, her face bright. The smoke bellowed out of my mouth.

My head felt lighter. It felt....good. “Here.” she handed me her cigarette and took the one Frank held out to her.

I took a small drag, and took a small breath through my nose. It burned through my system, making me smile.

“We'll teach you how to light later.” Frank smiled and blew smoke into my face.

I didn't even give thought to the fact that my first kiss was with a girl. Or that I kind of liked it.

A small part of me was mad. It wanted my first kiss to be with Frank.

Wait, what? I looked at him, my heart skipping. He stared out the window, his eyes bright from the light of the hot spring sun.

“What's with the sandals?” Joyce asked as I sighed, smoke pouring out of my mouth. I shrugged and leaned around her, flicking my ashes out the window.

“Don't know. I like them.” I murmured, sitting back.

“So would my seventy year old granma. We need to catch you up. You're comin to the party.” she grinned at me.

“Party? My parents would murder me.” I paled. Everyone laughed.

“So don't tell them. Say you have to study or something.” Frank murmured, tossing his butt out of the window. “Ya know. Lie?”

lie. A chill ran down my spine. Would my parents even fall for a lie I give them? They rarely have.

“Okay.” I pulled my phone out and sent a text to my dad, saying that I had a study group for my advanced history class.

WHO ALL WITH?

I took a deep breath through my nose.

A FEW FRIENDS

WHICH FRIENDS?

NEW FRIENDS

NO BOYS?

A FEW. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. YOU AND MOM RAISED ME BETTER.

OKAY THEN. ARE YOU STAYING THE NIGHT THERE?

PROBABLY. WE HAVE A LOT TO COVER.

ALRIGHT. I'LL TELL YOUR MOTHER. LOVE YOU DEAR.

LOVE YOU TOO, DAD. BYE.

I smiled and rested my head back against the seat. My hands shook slightly as I put my phone back into my bag. “Well?” Frank asked, taking the butt from me and flicking it through the window.

“He bought it. I kind of panicked when he asked about guys.” I laughed. Frank beamed.

“That's great!” he looked me up and down. “Joyce is about your size. You can wear some of her clothes. Though they might be a little big...” he smirked at Joyce as she reached around me to smack his head.

“Shut it, Pumpkin Boy!” she shouted in my ear.

“Hey! You know good and well I prefer Elf!” their hands collided around me, knotting together.

“Guys! Knock it off!” the guy with the fro shouted, turning around.

“Stay out of this Toro!!” they shouted at the same time.

“Ya all are scarin Mercy!” he waved his hand at my huddled figure.

“She has brothers and sisters, too! Right Mercy?” Frank murmured.

“No, not really. Only child. My big brother was shot when I was ten.” The arms moved away from me.

“I – I didn't know...” Frank trailed off, his eyes darkening slightly. The car fell into a deep, pressing silence.

Suddenly, Frank's arms were around me pulling me closer. My face was buried in his white shirt.

He smelled like mint and smoke. It was nice, in a weird way.

I hugged him back. “It's okay. I happened almost eight years ago.” I sighed and pulled away.

His eyes were unreadable as he looked at me. Joyce's hand rested on my shoulder.

Ray turned and sat his hand on my knee. Gerard gave me a sweet look in the rear-view mirror.

How could people like this ever be taken as bad? The car slammed to a stop, the brakes screaming. “Stupid motherfucker!!” Gerard roared.

The other driver got out, his arms flailing. “Oh hell no! You wanna go bitch?!” Gerard got out and got right in the other guy's face.

I watched as they shoved each other, anxiety burning in my chest. Gerard was tall and thin.

But, as he swung at the other driver, muscle rippled along his arms and back. My mouth dropped at the guy fell to the ground.

Gerard shook himself and came back, a hug grin on his face. Ray patted his shoulder. “Feel better Gee?” he laughed. Gerard started the car again and drove slowly.

“Loser!!” they shouted out the window at the broken man on the side of the street.

“Now.” Gerard giggled. He giggled! It was so....cute!

Not the sound you'd expect out of someone who just kicked a random guy's ass. We parked in front of a huge house.

The others got out. I followed through Frank's door and shut it.

Ray took Gerard's hand and kissed him on the lips. “Ignore them. C'mon.” Joyce's arm hooked around mine. “Be back!” she waved at Frank.

She pulled me across the street and into an equally as large house. “Trust me?” Joyce asked.

I nodded and bit my lip. “Why? What do you have planned?”

She beamed and dragged me up a flight of stairs, down a long hall and to a room. I gasped as she opened the door and pushed me in.

The room was lined with posters and belts. A desk, bookshelf and a huge bed adorned the soft looking carpet.

A guitar and amp sat in the corned by the desk. “So how big is the party going to be?” I asked, looking around the huge room.

“Dunno.” she opened her closet and started pawing through the clothes. “Usually an average of thirty to forty people. We had nearly a hundred at one point.”

She handed me a pile of clothes. “Change in the bathroom. I have to find shoes and my makeup box. We have a lot of work to do.”

I followed her finger to the other door in her room. Behind it sat a bathroom, complete with a shower and a vanity sink.

Turning my back to the mirror, I started to change.










So.....Texas in the summer sucks. It's hot as fuck, I got burnt, my shoulders hurt, and something happened to my pinkie, so that hurts now, too. A lot of hot guys, though.

I'm gonna try to update You only live once, too, but no promises. I'm sore and pretty sure I have a stomach virus.

Either way, R+R and all that.

Hug and Jacks,
-Lala
Sign up to rate and review this story