Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Easy A

I sat in the passengers seat of the car sobbing my eyes out while Anna gave me concerned glances every so often. She finally broke the silence by asking "Wanna talk about it?"

"What's there to say?" I cried "Everybody hates me. I'm a terrible person. Everyone's calling me a whore and for the first time I actually believe it."

"Huh?"

"Oh please, don't act like you don't know what people are saying about me."

"I do know what people are saying about you." Anna admitted "It doesn't mean I believe them."

I paused before asking "Who told you?"

"Nobody had to tell me." Anna replied before telling me "A few years ago there was this scared little girl who wasn't ready for her first kiss so this amazing boy lied for him." Anna smiled "You know, sometimes I pretend you were my first real kiss."

"Oh yeah?" I muttered, wiping away the last of my tears. I couldn't help but ask "So who was your first kiss?"

"Zia. About a year after we nearly kissed. She invited me to her house and confessed that she had a crush on me. I explained to her that I wasn't a lesbian and she asked if maybe I could kiss her. So I did because I didn't want to say no to her again. It sucked by the way."

Anger bubbled inside of me and before I could stop myself, I hissed "How could she? She knew how I felt about you! That bitch!"

"How do you feel about me?"

I ignored her and continued "And here I am feeling so bad when she... The bitch..."

"How do you feel about me?" Anna repeated, slightly louder."

"I said felt." I said quite defensively "I said felt."

"Oh." Anna replied, sounding quite disappointed as she pulled up outside my house.

I went bright red before confessing "That doesn't mean I don't still feel the same way."

Anna took a deep breath before turning to me and asking "Gerard? If I promise not to tell anyone, can I kiss you now please?"

I looked at her. She was so beautiful and I'd had a crush on her for ages. So why did I shake my head? "I've wanted you to kiss me for as long as I can remember and I still want you to. But I want it to be perfect. Not while my cheeks are still tear-stained and after some bitch has just rammed her tongue down my throat. Right now my life is a mess. I need to re-build it before dragging you into it."

We were both silent for a moment before Anna persisted "What if I wanted to get dragged into it? I could help you."

"Don't worry. Now that I have a reason to, I plan to get my life back under control." I hugged Anna quickly "Thanks so much Anna."

"You're very welcome." Anna grinned as I got out the car and went up to my house.

The rumours had to stop. Being on the map had been fun while it lasted but now I was sick of being known as a trampy whore. These rumours were going to have to come to an end.



I walked down the street on my way over to the person who would definently help me. Aven. I'd helped her and I knew she'd help me even if it meant destroying her brand new reputation. So with great confidence I walked down the street. It didn't last long though. A random girl from my class ran over to me. She was a massive gossip whose name I'd never bothered to remember "Oh my god did you hear! Aven ran away from home! She left her parents a note saying 'I'm a lesbian bitches' and then she skipped town with a black girl!" The girl grinned at me, waved and ran off.

I groaned and started walking somewhere else. Aven couldn't help me now so I'd have to find someone else. I went to Sophie and begged her to tell everyone that we hadn't done anything today. But she pouted at me "No way! I paid you!"

"Please Sophie, you don't understand!"

"No!" Sophie snapped, walking away from me.

And it gets worse. Due to his 'condition' Bob was sent to stay with his grandparents in Florida. No telephone, no computer, no television, no internet and- most importantly- no diseased girlfriends. So he was no use at all.

Finally I went to see Mrs.Griffith, the last person I could depend on to tell the truth. Afterall she was an adult. Even if it meant getting herself fired, I knew I could depend on her to set the story straight. Well, I thought I could.

"Gerard, life is all about decisions." Mrs.Griffith told me, reminding me of a wise old owl "I made a bad one by sleeping with a student. But so did you by agreeing to lie for me. I see only one way out of this. You and me spend the rest of our lives dealing with the guilt. My guilt comes from me giving Bob chlamydia and yours from lying. There's nothing else we can do."

"Well, I could just tell everyone the truth and get you fired?" I replied, getting really pissed off at how immature and pathetic she was being.

"Okay Gerard." She gave me a sarcastic smile "But first let's play the 'who would you believe' game? If you were an adult, who would you believe huh?"

I glared at her before telling her in a loud voice "With all due respect Mrs.Griffith, you're a fucking cunt."

"Because you helped me, I won't tell the principal you said that." Mrs.Griffith's sarcastic smile returned "Now we're even."

I groaned loudly and stormed out of her office. Now what I was supposed to do?
Sign up to rate and review this story