Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Camp Redwood

Chapter 4

by SyndromeStar 7 reviews

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-03 - Updated: 2012-06-03 - 1070 words

4Exciting
Chapter 4

It wasn’t really much of a walk to the lodge, but seeing as Joey, someone who required great amounts of sleep, had hardly slept on the bus, he was exhausted already. His body ached and he just wanted to sit down and close his eyes. Which he did sort of end up doing. Basically he just closed his eyes. Planning himself a power nap. However poor Joey was rudely interrupted as Diane summoned their instructors, not being bothered walk up stairs and get them… she was too lazy for that.

“MICK! JIM!” She shrieked. Joey cringed but kept his eyes closed.
A door creaked open and footsteps echoed on the lodge’s porch.

“Jeez woman! What is wrong with you! We coming!” Shouted a deep voice that caused Joey to shiver a bit and peek open one eye. What he saw, had to be the last thing he expected…well….apart from Diane naked… ‘OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!’ Joey shouted inside his mind ‘MENTAL IMAGES AHHRRGGHHH!!!’ Joey cringed outwardly, his face contorting as if he had sucked on a particularly sour lemon. ‘Oh god! Quick! Imagine Dwayne Johnson naked! Phew.’ Joey sighed and mellowed out again turning back to where Diane seemed to have disappeared while he was zoned out and where his instructor was standing in her place.

Joey blinked incredulously, with his mouth slightly agape, looking at the man in front of him. He was the one he saw earlier! And he was a camp instructor!

The large man stood by the cabin stairs with his tattooed arms crossed heavily against his muscled chest.

He cleared his throat loudly and began to speak “You can call me seven and the twat up on the balcony is called 4.” ‘Seven’ pointed to the other man he’d seen earlier. “And this…..” he indicated, jerking a thumb behind him “…is Firefly lodge”
A kid towards the front raised his hand and Seven glared at him “What?” he growled impatiently.

“Firefly is a pretty shitty name.” he stated

“Of course it is! Do ya think I named it? Hell no. Now shut up. I was talking.”
The kid went red in the face as those around him snickered.

“Anyway. This is where you you’ll be sleeping….”

“…and shitting” Four added briefly, causing Joey to snort in amusement.

“And whatever else you kids do in a lodge” Seven shrugged finishing, grinning at Four’s rude comment.

“Alright then. Now next thing to do is room groups. We need groups of maximum 6 dudes per room.”

Most of the kids sorta just stood there looking like confused fish and Jim rolled his eyes “Chop Chop children! Stop wasting our time” he shouted, waving his hands in a shooing motion.

At this point everyone but Joey seemed to animate instantly, rushing around conversing and setting up room arrangements with the guys around them. Joey however just took a seat on top of his suitcase and stared at the ground, not particularly caring where he stayed… it was just a room and he was probably going to hate everyone anyway.

“Why is there a girl here? I’m not rooming with a girl.”

Well… scratch that… he didn’t care until he heard that…

Joey cringed and dipped his head further as he suddenly felt the heat of what could be assumed as everyone’s stares land on him. He felt his cheeks burn with embarrassment.

“..m’notagirl...” Joey mumbled, nearly to himself.

The boy who had spoken before turned and grinned cruelly at his friends “What did she say? I couldn’t hear her through all that hair.”

Everyone laughed.

Joey bit his lip and began to feel the start of hot tears of embarrassment prickling at his eyes. It was happening all over again, it was no different to school. ‘What were you expecting FREAK? People are all the same, it doesn’t matter where you are no one will ever like you! You’re a hideous waste of life! Why don’t you just kill yourself?’

Joey pushed the taunting thoughts out of his mind and took a deep breath. It wasn’t time to listen to the voice… it never was.

When Joey finally brought his head back up, it seemed that his harasser had lost interest in him and had gone back to stand with his cronies. Joey let out a sigh of relief and let his shoulders slump. Maybe they would leave him alone now, they had their fun.

….Yeah Right.

“All right guys… have you made your decisions?” Four asked drumming his nails on the balcony he still hadn’t been bothered to move from.

There was a resounding chorus of yeah followed by the sound of a heavy pair of boots crunching towards him.

The crunching stopped right in front of him and the brunette looked up to find himself staring into shade covered eyes.

“Hey short stuff, what about you.”

Joey let out a small squeak and averted his eyes. Seven chuckled deeply and Joey felt his cheeks burn. He hid behind his hair.

“I… uh… don’t know.” he said awkwardly, feeling half frightened and half embarrassed. Eyes continued to look down at him and the brunette shakily picked at the lose threads of his ripped jeans.

“Well, I’m not surprised seein’ as you’re just sittin’ there lookin’ at’cha feet.” Seven teased.

Joey looked back up with wide eyes, worrying his lip nervously. He was surprised to see that the look on Seven’s face wasn’t one of scorn, just relaxed amusement.

“Ah shit kid, that’s such a cute face, quit it.”
Joey blushed all a new and held back a squeal, resuming his position behind the thick layers of his dark brown hair.

“Whatever, hide.” Seven snorted, reaching down and flipping the ends of the boy’s hair “But you gotta get off your ass and find some roommates.”

With that, Seven walked off to re-join 4 who had at some point finally come down from the balcony and was now directing the groups of 6 to their rooms.

Joey was content to just stay where he was, but Seven was staring directly at him and the brunette was starting to feel edgy. He wasn’t too keen on the idea of upsetting the man so he pushed himself up off his suitcase and gathered up his things.
Sign up to rate and review this story