Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The road to recovery. (Or so we think...)

Chapter 22

by KobraBlaze 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-04 - Updated: 2012-06-04 - 913 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hello. I'm back! And ready to write. Also, one thing... Actually, I'll just leave it until the end... Here you go. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Chapter 22
Frank's POV

How could he have done that to himself? I just never thought it would get so serious as this. I thought he was almost, sort of, okay with everything. I thought Pete was helping him. I just thought my baby boy was improving.

But no, he's dead.

Metamorphically, dead. Inside.

Right now, he's hooked up to an irritating machine that beeps just to tell us that he is alive. Because he can't tell us himself. He's lying on the bed, unconscious. I'm just lucky we got to him in time.

To see him there, dangling by choice from a bridge that we shared so many things at. To know, if we were any later, he'd be arranged to be in a... in a grave by the next day. To know that if I was any earlier, this wouldn't be happening. He wouldn't be almost dead. He wouldn't look as pale and sick as he does now. Just if I got there earlier.

Gerard and I could have him at home and he could feel wanted and loved and he could see Pete get what he deserves for whatever the fuck he did to him. He could tell us what happened and we could all sort things out together. Like a family.

Of course, Gerard is going to say 'not to blame myself' and that 'I saved him' but I can't help think that if I had thought of the bridge sooner that he would safe.
I sigh in frustration and shake my head.

"Frank, what are we gonna do?" Gerard asks me thinking of the same thing as me.
Mikey really can't cope with being here and trusting people. They just let him down everytime. Like I did. I should have seen something wrong. I should've guessed things were going too well for a good ending to turn out. Which is the worst part. Nothing good ever happens to Mikey.

"I don't know. I just... I wish something good would finally happen. Something that would give him a new start to life. If..." I sigh again, not knowing exactly what could happen to make the situation any better.

"He needs friends. Not just us."

"And look where that got him..." We glance at Mikey again.

"Whatever that scumbag did to him, he's gonna pay. He can't play my brother like that and just get away with it.-"

"Gerard, don't just hurt him infront of Mikey. Try... I don't know, make him see what he's done."

"I know Frank. It's just gonna be difficu-" He's cut off and looks up with a shocked face. I turn around in my seat and see Pete Wentz standing in the door way of the room.

"What the fuck..." Gerard trails off in almost a whisper, not knowing what to do or say to him. We both stand up and rush out the door, Gerard dragging him on the way.

We stand in the corridor and Gerard starts to pace up and down past Pete.

"What the fuck do you take me for? No, actually what the fuck do you take Mikey for? A joke? Just to use him? To look cool infront of your friends? Why the hell did you do it?" Gerard spits in his face and stares at him deep into his eyes almost holding down Pete.

Pete stands there trying to be cool but looking as terrified at the same time. He gulps loudly and doesn't know what to say.

"Well...?"

"I-I I swear, I didn't mean to hurt him so badly. I didn't think he was so sensitive. Aaron-He just made me do it and I did. But I wanted it to stop when I found out how cute Mikey was." He says in one breath.

Gerard scoffs.
"The fuck you didn't mean it. No one made you do anything, Pete. You just did it for a laugh. You're a cruel, stupid bastard, Pete. Stay away from my brother. You deserve to even be here. Why are you here anyway?"

"I... I came to apologise to him. I heard he was in the hospital."

I cut in, instead of Gerard this time.
"Yeah, and he's in here because of you. I doubt he wants to even see your face. Get the fuck lost!" I almost shout at him trying to sound forceful but quiet at the same time. Pete looks down and mumbles his sorry and turns to walk away.

Next thing, we hear some noises from the room beside us and somebody cursing. We hurry inside and see Mikey sitting up slightly, pulling needles and tubes out of his skin.

"Mikey!" Gerard shouts and we run and hug him. He looks surprised and confused. The kid probably doesn't even know where he is or what happened.
"Thank fuck you're okay Cuteness!" I whisper to him.

"Gee... What happened?"
His voice is as quiet and innocent as usual.

"Mikey, we were hoping you would know."




*




So there you go. I hope it was okay. I also wanted to say that my exams are starting on Wednesday with English and then Irish and then maths so they are quite time consuming studying subjects. I will try my best to update as fast as I can. But I can't promise it will be regularly. Sorry! :(
Sign up to rate and review this story