Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > One Disaster At A Time, Please.

One Disaster At A Time, Please.

by Pretty-Odd-Lion 5 reviews

When Alison moves to Las Vegas, she expects things to stay the way it was. Her being the social reject and being invisible to the masses. However when school badboy Brendon Urie cant keep his eyes ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2012-06-05 - Updated: 2012-06-06 - 2739 words

5Funny
Oh my goodness HELLO! Well hey... Im Phoebe and im new to fanfic so please please please feel free to offer advice and well, I hope you enjoy my first ever fanfic which is not only starring our Panic! boys but also our beloved My chemical Romance!!! :D Please rate and review and well I hope you enjoy! p.s The first chapter is mainly setting the scene however our 4 favourite boys will be making their first major appearance in the next chapter, so bear with me :)



The sturdy wooden door, that closed off my bedroom from the rest of the world, shook in its frame as several sharp knocks awoke me from my sleep deprived state.

"ALISON WILSON, GET YOUR ASS UP NOW! I AM NOT HAVING YOU BE LATE ON YOUR FIRST DAY." My mom all but screamed.

Sighing, I mentally prepared myself to leave the comforting confines of my duvet.

"UP, UP, UP!" Came another shrill shriek.

"Okay, okay. Im up jeez" And with great reluctance, I pushed aside the blankets and jumped onto the cold wooden floor. I looked towards the brighty coloured alarm clock on my right and let out another groan. 7:00 am. 7 FREAKING AM. That... that... that NAZI had gotten me up at 7:00 am. Okay maybe that was a slight over reaction, but hey! Im not a morning person. Letting out a final sigh of frustration I stood up and walked over the body length mirror that was hanging slightly off-balance on my wall.

I didnt usually bother much with my appearance but like my mom said. It was my first day at a new highschool. I had been quite happy at my old one, however my parents decided that it would be some great adventure to move all the way across the country to Las Vegas and start afresh. Yay I thought to myself bitterly. Picking up a brush, I began to detangle the mass of auburn hair ontop of my head and after several minutes of warring with it, I finally tamed the long locks into soft, curly waves.

Satisfied, I stepped out off my new room (bumping into several moving boxes in the process)and set off towards the kitchen.

"Hey hunny, sleep well?" Mom asked, placing a bowl of cereal down infront of where I had plopped down at the kitchen table.

Instead of replying I dug into my breakfast, only giving a grunt in respone; very lady like I know. Apparently this alerted my dad to my presence, causing him to look up from his newspaper with an amused smile playing on his lips.

"Ready for your first day champ?" He asked, neatly folding his paper.

Was that some sick joke? Did he really just ask if I was ready to face abunch of stuck up pricks, who were bound to find something wrong with me and torture me about it for the rest of the school year? My dad, always being one to sense how I was feeling, noticed my sudden change of mood and quickly addded "It will be different this time, I can feel it"

I however was doubtful. But being the fabulously lovely child I was, I nodded along forcing a small smile onto my face. My dad wasnt convinced.

"Please tell me you're not going to school dressed like that" my mom asked horrified, gesturing widly to my spongebob vest top and sleep shorts.

"What do you mean? This is the latest fashion" I replied. Sarcasum dripping from my words.

"NO DAUGHTER OF MINE IS GOING TO SCHOOL DRESSED LIKE THAT" she replied hotly, not cottening on to my sarcastic comment.

Rolling my eyes I stood from my place at the table and made my way back to my room, hearing chuckleing from my dad and confusion from my mom as she asked him what was so funny.

I dressed in my incredibly worn Fall Out Boy band tee and black skinnys, slipped into my chucks and applied the usual thick black coating of eyeliner and mascara. I looked into the mirror, scrutinising what I saw. I wasnt drop dead gorgeous but I wasnt butt ugly either (Or so I hope), I was just average. With a final glance at my reflection, and a last ditch attempt at making myself half way presentable, I left the room picking up my backpack and headed towards the front door.

"Bye mom, bye dad" I called

"Bye champ" Came the cheerful reply off my dad

"Please for the love of god, try to make friends Alison, just be nice and smile" Came the worrided reply off my mom.

I rolled my eyes. Its not like I purposesly choose to be a socially awkward reject. Nether less I made a promise that we both knew I wouldnt keep.

"Ill try" And with that I left the house and started towards the hell hole otherwise known as Linkin Point HighSchool.

I walked in just as the school bell rang. This is going to be terrible. This is going to be horrible. They're going to cr- STOP IT AL! It will be fine. It will be fine. It WILL be fine. In fact I got so caught up in my little mantra that I ran straight into an unsuspecting victim.

"Im sorry, im so so sorry" I quickly apologised. The blonde looked down at me in disgust, an ugly sneer covering her face.

"Watch where you're going freak" And with that she flicked her bottle blonde barbie hair and stomped off, looking back only once to send me a hatefilled glare.

Great. I'd been here less than 5 minutes and Ive already managed to piss Barbie off. Just Great. My inner musings were interupted by the second warning bell.

Picking myself up off the floor, I pulled out a crumpled piece of paper holding all my class information. First period - English; A6.

A6. That shouldnt be to hard to find. I mean its the first letter of the alphabet for fucks sake. Well as youve probably guessed, I reached the door to the class several minutes late - now all I had to do was push open the door and sit down. With shaky hands, I entered the classroom. Lucky for me the teacher hadnt actually arrived yet and so all the students were sat facing one another; girls discussing how hot this guy was, boys argueing about which soccer team was better. Nobody had noticed me enter the room. Perfect I thought with a smile. My eyes quickly scanned the room searching for a seat and not long afterwards my eyes landed on an empty chair, located next to somebody who was apperently my male equivelent, doodling away on a piece of paper. Seriously, the guy was wearing the same amount (if not more) eyeliner than me! He was pale with shockingly black hair surrounding his round but slightly pointed face, emphasizing the dark cirles under his eyes. And he was wearing a Radio Head t-shirt, therefore he must be cool. I skipped over to the chair and took a deep breath.

"Hey, does anybody sit there?" I asked gesturing towards the space next to him

Apparently he hadnt heard me walk over and so the poor guy jumped slightly in his chair. His hazel eyes meeting my own. Suddenly, as if remembering my question he shook his head and gestured for me to take the seat.

"Im Alison Wilson by the way" I quickly added as I sat down, remembering the promise I made to my mom.

"Gerard, Gerard Way" He muttered quietly, no longer looking at me.

He looked towards the clock and then began to pack away his drawings. I must of been giving him a questioning glance as he quickly responded

"Our teacher is always 10 minutes late, I sometimes draw to pass the time" And with that he pulled out his workbook, just as the teacher in question walked through the door.

"Alright class, everybody quiet. Lucy take that riduclous thing out of your hair, Sam leave Beckie alone" And thats when it happened. Her eyes landed on mine and a look of realisation crossed over her features.

No. No, no ,no ,no I thought to myself desperately. Please dont notice me. Please dont notice me.

"Ah, you must be the new girl, Alexandra Wilson yes? Im Miss Atherton" At this point any on going conversations stopped and I felt my face heat up as every pair of eyes in the room was on me.

"Alison" I corrected her quietly.

"Thats the one" She looked me up and down a second before catching my gaze once more.

Dont do it. Dont make me go up there. Come on, we could be fabulous friends, just dont make me go up there.

"Why dont you come up to the front and introduce yourself to the class" And before I could refuse, she walked over to her desk and took her seat.

Fuck My Life. Thats the single phrase flashing through my brain as I slip out of my seat and make my way towards the front of the room on shakey legs. We could of gotten along Miss Atherton. What did I ever do to you. As I reached the front of the classroom I turned to look the evil woman, sensing my discomfort she added

"We dont bite"

Ill be the judge of that, I thought bitterly to myself. Well lets get this over with.

"Hey, Im Alison" I started off awkwardly " I... Ive just moved here from California... ermmm... I love Music, Mainly Fall Out Boy, Radio Head and Paramore.... I play guitar and dance... ermmm And I love skittles" I finished lamely, noticing the way Gerard perked up a little upon mentioning my music tastes or was it the skittles?

I looked towards Miss Atherton for the approval to sit down, but before any words could pass her lips, the door opened and her face quickly swapped its warm welcoming smile to that of disapproval.

"Ah, Mr Urie. Im so glad you finally joined us, we are all truely grateful for your presence" And I thought I was sarcastic...

I turned around and saw him for the first time. Im pretty sure my jaw dropped. He had the most amazing smile, big brown doe like eyes, short browny black hair - slightly styled with gel. I pretty sure I was drooling by the point.

"You're most certainly welcome" And with that the illusion was shattered. He was just a stuck up, arragont twat like the rest of them. He brushed past me and proceded to sit down next to a similar looking boy, who I think I over heard one of the girls calling Ryan. My inner musings were interupted once more by a knocking at the door.

"Come in" The teacher called.

"Hi Louise, weve got a situation outside and I could really use some back up"

"Oh of course, no problem Ill be right there." She looked back at the class then at me "Whilst im gone I want you all to be on your best behaviour and make our newest student feel welcome" And with that said she left the room.

Yay. And thats when it all started

"Hey you, new kid" The blonde girl from earlyier called out, this should be interesting...

I turned to look up at her, everybody in the room falling silent once more to get a good listen of what was about to go down. Even the two guys at the back, Urie and Ryan was it? Well even they had stopped their chatter and looked up.

"Yes" I replied slowly.

"Well, if you're from California why are you so white? I mean are you like, Albino or something?"
And with that, she burst into laughter, her little followers following suit.

Thats when I snapped. Fuck this be nice shit.

"Do you really think you're in any postition to comment on my skin tone? Hunny, If you put anymore fake tan on Madonna will try and adopt you" I responded hotly, earning a collective gasp from the rest of the room. Oh yer, I went there. I looked up and was met with the eyes of Mr Urie, eyes twinkling in amusement.

"HOW DARE YOU! You little emo bitch" She shouted, apparently I'd hit a nerve.

"Calm it Paris, she could be your boss one day" Some kid called to the left of me.

I saw an opportunity and I took it.

Turning to the general direction in which the voice had come from I said "I highly doubt it, I dont plan on becoming a pimp" The look on her face was priceless.

Everybody in the room burst into laughter, even the two mysterious hotties at the back were in fits. Paris opened her mouth to reply, but Miss entered the room just before she could get the words out.

"Alright everybody quiet, you may go back to your seat dear" She said, turning her back to the chalk board as I sat back down.

"Thankyou" Came a quiet voice next to me. I looked up shocked, I didnt think that this Gerard kid was the talking type. "You are actually my hero" He added, as a soft blush made its way onto his cheeks.

I had to laugh at that, I guess I wasnt the only one Blondie pissed off "No problem" I responded, flashing him a quick smile before pulling out my books.

Feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, I turned around expecting to meet the glare of a blonde bimbo. Instead I locked eyes with none other than, you guessed it, Urie. I quickly turned back towards the front, not liking the way he was looking at me, the sly smirk that was covering his features.

After the staring incedent me and Gerard got talking. Turns out we have loads in common. We both love the same music, the same tv programes and we even share an unhealthy addiction to skittles. Its like we were destined to be togther. By the time the bell rang, I felt like I had know Gerard my entire life.

"Hey Gerard I was wondering, could I possibly hang around with you?" I asked, suddenly feeling rather self conscious. But by the elated look on his face I didnt need to off been.

"Of course, I mean yer, I mean only if you want to you" Oh yes. I think me and Gee are going to be very goodfriends.

"Gee?" He asked me eyebrows raised, a cheeky smile tugging at his lips.

CRAP. Did I just say that out loud. I mentally face palmed.

I merely blushed in response. Thankfully the bell rang saving me from this cringe worthy experience.
"Come on Al, weve got trig now and Sir throws a total bitch if you're late" I laughed and picked up my backpack, but before I joined him at the door I felt eyes burning holes on my back. And so being the curious person I am, I turned around, only to once more be faced with the eyes of badass Urie. Just as I was about to turn around, I caught something in the corner of my eye.

Did he just wink at me?
He did.
Im sure.
Maybe its just the light playing tricks on me.

Doging the tables, I made my way other to Gee who was standing by the door.

"Ready?" He asked cheerfully.

I nodded in response, still contemplating what had just happened. I dont know what it was but there was something that gave me the creeps when it came to that boy.... Gerard not noticing my inner battle started up a conversation about how awesone Fall Out Boy was and I have to say that his enthusiasum was infectius, it wasnt long before we were in fits of giggles discussing how Pete Wentz could kick Justin Biebers ass any day.

Day one. Period One. One new enemy. One new friend. Hey - Its amazing I actually made a friend.


And thats it for today children :D please please please let me know what you thought of it and whether or not I should carry it on, ill give you a virtual cookie? :D well anyways thanks for reading and like I said any advice or just general comments will be hugely appreciated.
Phoebe xox
Sign up to rate and review this story