Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

The Hikaris

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 1

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 1418 words

0Unrated
Ring-a-ring~ the door to the parlor shop opened to show a blonde rowdy looking man. "C-could I help you with something sir?" a silver haired boy asked the burly man.

"Yeah, lookin fer the guy named Yugi, need ta finish ma newest." The rowdy man answered the boy.

"Oh, you must be Jack. Yugi said that he was getting more ink for you, and that he would be a little late for your appt. I'm Ryou by the way" Ryou said smiling to the man

"I see, anywhere I can sit ta wait fer 'em then?" Jack asked Ryou.

"Yes, if you go back you can sit in the usual seat and wait there, he shouldn't be much longer." Ryou smiled, pointing the man to the back.

"Mk thanks." Jack nodded his head in thanks and went back to the parlor.

Ring-a-ring~ the door opened once again and in came a shorter man with a larger metal suitcase behind him." Hey Ryou, anyone come while I was gone?"

"Yes Yugi, as a matter of fact Jack just came in, I sent him in back." Ryou said as he walked over to Yugi to hold the door so he could pull the case in.

"Jack? But I'm here early, the appointment doesn't start for another half hour and Jack has never even been on time for an appointment before, let alone early." Yugi said tilting his head in confusion. "I guess he got the times messed up." Yugi continued into the parlor, "Thanks Ryou!" Yugi called to Ryou as he went to the back.

"No problem Yugi, ah, wait!" Ryou called Yugi stopped and turned his head over his shoulder. "Malik said that since he didn't have any appointments until later today, he won't be coming in right now, he said not to miss him too much." Ryou smiled as Yugi put on a disgusted frown on his face.

"Tell Malik when he gets in that I wouldn't miss him, even if he is gone I can still feel his major ego stabbing into my head." Yugi said as he walked into the back of the parlor where Jack was.

"Jack? Ryou said you came, you're really early, something up?" Yugi asked looking around for his client but seeing an empty room. 'Maybe he went to the bathroom, I'll put the ink away while he's in there' Yugi thought to himself. He picked up the case he had and set it on a counter.

He opened it to show black foam lining with many smaller jars filled with different inks, he walked to the other side of the room and opened a cabnet with about 50 other jars. Yugi then began taking jars and opening them, looking for jars that had too thick or too dry ink to replace with the newer ink he had just bought.

After that he put the newer jars in the places. He then began to turn around when out of the corner of his eye a shadow came into view, Yugi quickly turned around and found himself face to face with Jack. "Jesus Jack! You scared the shit out of me!" Yugi slightly yelled grabbing his heart.

"Sorreh Yugi. Sorreh I'm so early didn't get much sleep last night and `cided to come in early." Jack said as he walked over to the chair.

"Oh that's alright. But if you had scared me anymore, I would have thought you were a robber and beat you up, you know. I've done it once." Yugi said walking over to the case and putting it in a closet next to the ink cabinet.

"Ya and don't I remember it! You look all weak but when you git into it," Jack whistled at that, "you can do some damage can't cha?" Jack finished saying.

Yugi blushed slightly, "Yeah, Yeah. Alright let's get your tattoo finished shall we?" Yugi said while sterilizing the needle and tray to hold the inks. "I'm finishing your fillers today, and then we are done." Yugi said getting out very small cups and filling them with the ink for Jack's tattoo.

"Alright. Flatten the seat and I'll strip 'er down fer ya!" Jack said.

"Ha-ha, alright Jack." Yugi answered, pushing a button on the side of the chair, first to lower the seat to about thigh height, then to flatten it completely. Jack took off his shirt and laid stomach first on the chair after Yugi had wiped it down with sterilized wipes.

Yugi hooked up the needle to the machine and got to work. About an hour or so later Yugi was done. Jack was one of his best customers. Getting tattoos after every important thing in his life, the first tattoo was for his fiancé, then for getting married, having their kid, and now for their child's first birthday.

Jack was a good man, and he was very respected by Yugi. Yugi wiped off the remaining ink and wrapped up the tattoo. He helped Jack get his shirt on without tugging off the wrappings. Jack payed his due, and waved to Yugi and Ryou as he walked out of the shop.

Yugi went to the back again and began cleaning everything up. He re-wiped the chair and cleaned the needle, and put all the inks back where they belong. Soon after he heard another ding at the door and heard Ryou talking to someone. 'Must be Malik' Yugi thought to himself.

"Hey Yugi! Did you miss me yet?" Malik asked in a baby voice walking to the door on the far side of Yugi's station and walking through. "No Malik, I'm sorry to disappoint you, oh wait no I'm not, but no I didn't miss you. Now get your stuff ready, first appointment is in 10 minutes." Yugi called to Malik as he went to the front of the parlor to check on Ryou.

Ryou often got hit on due to him being on the cute side, for that matter, Yugi took two years worth of karate, judo, street fighting, and kung fu to be able to not only protect himself, but his friend too. 'My friends have suffered enough.' Yugi would always say

Yugi heard a stuttering strained voice and knew it was happening again. He walked a bit faster to get to the front of the parlor and saw that Ryou was being cornered by a bunch of highschoolers. Yugi ran over and grabbed Ryou's hand to pull him away. "You know, it is against the store policy to gang up on the workers." Yugi stated looking at the boys slightly annoyed.

"Aww, would you look at that? The cutey has a cute friend. So what are you doing working in a dump like this?" one boy asked.

"This dump is my parlor, and we are a little too old for you kids. So why don't you get out before your removed?" Yugi said shooing Ryou away to get Malik. There were a few too many to take on by himself, and Malik could be good in a fight with his ancient Egyptian fighting skills he learned from his family. He would be great backup.

"Is that so? Well you should know that we aren't just normal kids, you know. We own the new Phoenix Gang. We could whoop any of your security's asses. Hahahahaha!" another boy said getting right up in Yugi's face. Yugi, getting slightly annoyed with the group, smiled sweetly, and said, "We don't have security. It's just my group of close friends that own this place.

And we alone are enough to take you on!" Yugi yelled the last part, jumping up to do a back flip hitting the guy in front of him right in jaw. The guy stumbled back and held his jaw crying out in pain.

"You little punk you're gonna pay!" a different boy said. All 5 ran after Yugi. But before they could touch him, Malik ran in and got in front of Yugi, he did a side kick which knocked three of the boys away. Yugi grasped Malik's shoulder and jumped over to elbow one guy in the gut. While Yugi and Malik were busy fighting the others.

The fifth one snuck back and found Ryou huddled in a corner with his back facing the student. The guy grabbed Ryou and pulled him up placing a hand over his mouth. He walked back in the store and saw Yugi and Malik were slowly winning, 'I have to stop this' he thought.
Sign up to rate and review this story