Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

Shadow Game

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 2

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 1309 words

0Unrated
"Hey! If you don't want your friend hurt then you will stop and take your punishment." The guy called out. Everyone stopped. Yugi and Malik turned in horror to see Ryou struggling to get away. 'This, this could be bad' Yugi thought.

As the man came closer, a dark shadow over the floor unnoticed by nearly everyone but one, closed in on the man. Suddenly Yugi called out "Ryou hold your breath and close your eyes! I call penalty game!" Yugi called out. The shadows on the floor sprang up as Ryou closed his eyes. They covered the guy and Ryou. Everyone looked on in horror, too busy to see the glowing eye of Horus on Yugi's forehead.

Within the shadows the boy was being bombarded with voices and odd hits coming from what seemed everywhere. 'Wh-whats going on here? Where am i?' the boy thought franticly. "You are in a game." A voice called.

"A-a game?" the boy said slightly scared of the voice booming in from over him.

"That's right. A game. You all seem so confident of yourselves and your fighting. Then do you know when there's good fighter, they are blindfolded and can still fight as if they were not blinded at all. You and your gang seem prettly close. How about we play a game. I'll blind you and send people to hit, can you handle it?" the voice asked.

"Of course, you're playing as well, right? And what's my prize?" the guy asked. He saw a light and a figure in it. "Hey your that shrimp!"

"Yes I am. And yes I'll play too. Now let's see for a prize. I'll let you do anything to me, and all my friends without any arguments from us. Now let the game begin." Yugi tossed a blindfold over to the student. The guy started putting it on slowly, after he got it mosly on, he pulled it up so he could see what was coming. "Ready? Game start!" Yugi called.

Slowly shadows with faces of the other students and Yugi's friends came after them. Yugi could sense all the good feelings, the closeness of him and his friends so he knew exactly who to go after. The boy also did well, though he was not blinded. Slowly the last of the shadows disappeared and the student started taking the blindfold off. "So how was it for you?" Yugi asked.

"Oh it was pretty tough." The guy faked worry.

"I see, I had us taped the whole time so we can see who hit the most correct." Yugi said smirking while tugging off the blindfold. The guy paled and tugged off the fold to try and stop Yugi, but Yugi had already started watching the video. "Oh now that's not good. You cheated. You know that losers get a penalty right?" Yugi asked sweetly like a child

"What kind of punishment?" the guy asked, scared of Yugi's fake smile.

"You will feel what all your victicms felt as you crushed their spirits!Penalty! MIND CRUSH!" Yugi called moving his finger up to the students head, his hand shaped like a gun.

In the shop only a few seconds went by when everyone heard screaming from the shadows. The darkness dissipated and Ryou was on the floor unconscious while the student was in fetal position with a blank look and drool falling out of his mouth. The other guys ran to him to snap him out of it.

"It's useless, he has to pick up the pieces of his own mind now" everyone turned to Yugi, now seeing the eye on his forehead. Malik looked up in pure shock while sitting next to Ryou who was still on the floor. Ryou then woke up and turned to see what Malik was staring at. When he saw Yugi's forehead he gasped as well.

The students picked up their friend and ran saying that they would never come to the freak zone again. "Yu-Yugi?" Malik asked. Yugi exhailed and the eye disappeared. Feeling dizzy and exhausted, Yugi fell to the ground gasping for breath. "YUGI!" Malik called. He and Ryou ran over to him. "Yugi! Are you alright? What was that?" Malik said while helping Yugi sit up while rubbing his back in a comforting mannor. Yugi caught his breath and opened his mouth to speak.

"When Yami and I melded together. He shared his powers with me. Behind his back I practiced them. When he left I kept some, now I can control shadows as well as shadow games. But it takes a lot of energy." Yugi said now calmer and gaining a little more color in his energy drained, pale cheeks.

Malik looked at him in horror. "Are you sure your ok? The shadows are really powerful, how can you keep them in check?" Malik asked.

Yugi smiled, "The shadows will only consume those who lose themselves, I know who I am and who my friends are, I will never allow the shadows to consume me." Yugi said. Both Malik and Ryou relaxed as they heard this from Yugi. Malik helped Yugi stand up and make his way to a chair in the back of the shop.

"So you're ok now?" asked Ryou.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm only this tired because I was training and practicing yesterday. I can normally do about four games and control all the shadows I want. I just had to go to my soulroom yesterday, and without Yami it takes as much energy as 30 shadow games.

But shadow control comes easy. I just need some rest and I'll be good as new again. Promise." Yugi said. Malik and Ryou smiled at him, when suddenly Ryou got an idea.

"If Yami left you magic, then do you think Bakura and Marik did too?" Ryou asked curiously. Malik thought for a moment.

"Now that I think about it, if I'm in a big problem, like when those robbers came and I was on my own, I'll get those random spells of power. The robbers said I was a monster, that I had been surrounded by darkness when they were being pulled away." Malik recalled

"I've had the same thing, when my stalker tried to rape me in our apartment while you guys were out shopping, I passed out and when I woke up the guy was out cold shivering, saying something about a shadow monster. Maybe the shadows were there, we just never realized at the time." Ryou said.

"Well I could show you a trick to see if you do or not. Close your eyes and think about your most beloved person, think that they are in trouble and only you can help them, picture the shadows in your mind, picture what you think would help them, make it real in your mind, command the shadows and they will answer and obey." Yugi said.

Ryou and Malik nodded and did as they were told to. Five minutes later shadows were forming in front of Ryou a Summoned Skull about nine feet tall while in front of Malik was a Winged Dragon of Ra seven feet tall with a ten foot wide wingspan. Ryou and Malik opened their eyes and gasped in shock at what they called forth. Yugi whistled with congrats. "Good job.

Ryou I never thought you had it in you to call that!" Yugi approved. Ryou blushed and Malik got up to touch the dragon. Ra came closer and nuzzled Malik's outstretched hand. "Well just so you know, since they are the first monsters you called forth, they are now yours.

They only listen to you now. To call them back to the shadows, just command them away in your head." Malik and Ryou nodded and did as instructed.

"Yugi I'm just wondering, but what's your summoned monster?" Malik asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story