Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Once Was

Stargazing! Enemies straight...up?

by RayneCrestheart 0 reviews

Chapter 4

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2012-06-06 - Updated: 2012-06-07 - 1318 words

0Unrated
Yami immediately rushed out of the garden and ran to Bakura's room since it was the closest. He banged on the door while shouting, "Bakura! Open the Ra damned door! I'll break this thing down if I must!"

After a few moments he heard grumbling and shuffling coming from the room towards the door. "What the fuck you want pharaoh?" Bakura whined, noticing that there was no light in the hallway, he knew it was WAY too early for him to be awake. Bakura was in nothing but a shenti, which is underwear. Yami sighed in relief and rushed the information out of his head.

"I was in the garden, and I looked up, there were the god stars, but one was missing, Anubis is gone, he shouldn't be gone, this is bad!" Yami spouted gibberish, it all was so rushed it came out more like, "I… garden…up…god stars…missing…Anubis…gone…BAD!" normally Bakura would have asked Yami to repeat what he said but suprisingly he understood what was said.

"We have to inform Marik and the council. You go wake the guards and maids to help get everyone ready, I'll go and fetch Marik and the council." said Bakura hurrying back into his room to change into some proper clothes. "Alright but hurry!" said Yami loudly as he dashed off to awaken the guards. He quickly made his way down to the barracks were the guards, who were off duty, slept.

There were two stand on guard and as they spotted the Pharaoh, they made movements to bow down but before they could Yami called out, "No it's alright no need for formailites right now, get everyone up quickly and get me my chamber maids, I need to get dressed and fast, it's an emergency."

Both of the guards nodded at Yami's instructions and darted into the barracks to awaken everyone inside. The maids that helped the Pharaoh every morning followed Yami up to his own chambers to wash and dress him. As soon as they were done he sent them off to help Marik and Bakura. He told them to hurry and that they wouldn't be held up due to this being an emergency.

An hour after Yami had gone to the gardens, he entered the main hall to see that the council was all there. Both Bakura and Marik stood to the side of the stone throne at the end of the hall. Yami entered the hall wearing his lightly tan robe bound at the waist with a golden sash, he had his purple cape on as well as all the golden orniments he wore during meetings and trails, his Millennium Puzzle hanging around his neck on the steel chain Yugi had used that had joined him in the afterlife.

"I'm sorry to drag you all out here so early in the…I suppose it is morning now. But as I could not sleep I took a quick walk in our garden, while out there I noticed something that I feel needs to be dealt with now."

Yami looked across his council and saw faces of pure distraught, worry, even Marik was curious, so Bakura didn't tell him, "We all have been taught from childhood what the God Stars mean, well I'm here to tell you one is missing, and it's not just a simple time of year thing, nor a minor God. Anubis is missing." Yami finished his report and saw all the faces of his council and friends turn to pure horror.

"What!" everyone turned to the voice, Marik was no longer in his chair but now standing, "What do you mean he is missing? He can't just disappear like that! Can he?" Marik asked highly worried. All the Yami's were, and why? It was because the last time they knew of Anubis, he tried to take over the world using Yami's and Yugi's life power. It meant that if he was gone now, he most likely was back in the 21st century and that their Hikaris were all in danger.

"W-well if it's gone, that means it is in a different time right? So what do we have to worry about?" one council man asked. The Yamis glared at him, Bakura spoke out first

"Because you old dying nitwit, if he's not here then he's in the time we came from. If he's there then he can get power and come back and kill us all. He couldn't take our power, so now he's after our Hikari's power!" Bakura finished his tantrum and was slightly out of breath.

"Wow Bakura, that's the smartest thing I have EVER heard come from your mouth." Marik remarked.

"Good for me!" Bakura said slightly annoyed, "But what are we goning to do about it. We've been back here for a little over a year now, and we're only just noticing. How much damage could he have caused by now. This is serious, we have to do something!"

Yugi had just gotten home being dropped off by Marik. He was getting ready for bed in his bathroom now. He stepped into the shower and ran the water hot enough to almost burn his skin, it relieved tension in his body because of the magic he used that day.

He was plenty stressed with the new gang starting; now finding that he has to train Ryou and Malik, he didn't mind it but it was just stressful because it's a VERY slow process. Not to mention that he has had a strange feeling for a while now it wasn't normal for him to feel this anymore.

Sure every now and again he would get a strange feeling but normally it wouldn't last more than a few hours, this has been going on for months now.

Yugi, now no longer thinking about much of anything, stepped out of his shower and dressed himself in a towel. He walked over to the sliding door where his balacony was located. He grabbed the mountain dew he had on the table inside by the window while he sat down.

He looked to the sky to see some star constellations. He studied a little bit of star gazing when he learned that there were stars that represented the Egyptian gods. He knew where they were supposed to be but it's been so long since they were seen, they died out and aren't in the sky anymore. Though he can't see them, Yugi always found it fun to look.

He traced a few constellations with his fingers and one eye closed. 'Orion, Libra, oh look a god star, Aquarius, Gemini- whoa… wait…WHAT?' Yugi thought he saw a god star and traced his finger back. 'There it is, but what the hell is it doing there? They should be, wait, which one is that again?' Yugi continued to think to himself. Yugi, wanting to fulfill his curiosity, went back in his apartment to his laptop and looked up the god stars.

While the site loaded he went and took a picture of the star with his hi-defenition camera. He came back in and uploaded the picture. He went back to the site and clicked on the picture of the stars, it was just a rough outline of where they would be, but it helped Yugi all the same.

He copied both pictures and put them on a document. He followed the pattern of the stars and found a match. 'This one, right above Aquarius, and in-between Gemini. That one is…' Yugi went back to the site to look up the star. He found the right on and read, 'the star that would be in-between Gemini above Aquarius back in ancient Egypt is also known as Anubis, the god of the underworld…' Yugi stared at the screen in utter horror. "Oh fuck" was all Yugi had to say.
Sign up to rate and review this story