Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X

To End This All

by storyless 1 review

"All of this is your fault! Gettin' swallowed by Sin! Not being able to go back to Zanarkand -- everything, everything!"

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Auron, Jecht, Tidus - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-06 - Updated: 2006-07-06 - 231 words - Complete

2Insightful
Auron stood at the edge of the dock, watching bits of debris and torn plant matter bob and smack against the scuffed platform, returning seabirds clamoring above him. He smirked knowingly at the sea. You never were an eloquent speaker, Jecht.

"Hey, you! Don't just stand there!"

Auron turned to accept Tidus's ineffectual assault, fists and voice clenched alike. Auron stepped back calmly. At least the boy wasn't crying.

"All of this is your fault!"

He gave Tidus a glazed look. It'd been ten years since, as a young guardian, Auron had first voiced his protest against the doomed ritual of the summoner pilgrimage, his heart knotted and heavy as he ultimately failed to articulate anything beyond a selfish desperation. Why could they not see--

"Gettin' swallowed by Sin! Not being able to go back to Zanarkand -- everything, everything!"

As an unsent, Auron no longer believed in fate. But he always trusted his friends, even if they'd uproot islands and destroy costal villages in lieu of a simple "please". Very well, Jecht. Auron was tired, but his work was not over. A second pilgrimage, then. A second chance.

"I'm telling you, it's all your fault!"

The boy was snarling, pup-like. The flailing blows were easily rendered forceless by the armor. Auron tucked his face deep into his cowl. As for the words, there was really nothing else to do but laugh.
Sign up to rate and review this story