Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 30 Kisses

Red (kiss #19)

by kirayasha 0 reviews

A series of related short stories based on Live Journal's 30 Kisses

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-07-06 - Updated: 2006-07-07 - 796 words

0Unrated
Red (kiss #19)

By kira

Author's note: More LJ kisses based on "Moonlight" featuring Izayoi and Inutaisho.


"Do you think he'll like it?" Inutaisho said as held up the fire rat haori.

Izayoi laughed. "Hai, but isn't it a little big for Inu-chan? Unless it's a gift for the waka-sama...?"

"Iie, it's for Inuyasha, and in case you're wondering, I had a set of armor made for Sesshomaru," he said and Izayoi nodded in approval. "And don't worry about its size; I had it warded so that when he gets dressed in it, it'll adjust itself to fit him. What's even better is it'll grow with him and repair itself and just be a part of him for as long as he has it."

"Hontoni? Incredible..." She fingered the rough material. "Hmmm... it's a bit ummm, scratchy, and you know how fussy Inu-chan can be about things like that, but I think he'll like the color. He seems really partial to anything red."

Inutaisho nodded. "So where is he? I liked to give it to him."

"He's napping in Tsuki-chan's room. According to her, Inu-chan spent the morning playing swords with the waka-sama." She smiled impishly.

The dog general laughed. "I would have loved to have seen that."

"You would have enjoyed it too." She giggled into her hand. "Inu-chan stuck the waka-sama with his sword and it..." She held up her hand and laughed quietly into it. "It took him forever to 'die.' Tsuki and I never laughed so hard at anything before and I doubt we ever will again."

Inutaisho laughed. "Too bad I missed that. It must have been funny!"

"It was; as he had some red ribbons all rolled up in his hand and when he grabbed his 'wound' he let them unroll between his fingers." She giggled again. "Poor Inu-chan!"

"I'm glad Sesshomaru was having a bit of fun with all of it," he went on more seriously, "I know there have been times when Inuyasha has been a royal pain in his arse," he winked at her to soften his words. "But that's what little brothers are supposed to do." He grinned at her.

Izayoi looked up at him in surprise. "Don't tell me you /are /a little brother! But I thought you said you didn't have any older brother or sisters."

"Iie. I never had any siblings, although I did pester my older cousins like one. And what was so great about it was I never got in trouble for anything," he smirked.

"You must have been really cute when you were little."

"My cousins didn't think so!"

They laughed as Izayoi folded the haori and wrapped it along with the matching hakama.

"By the way I also have a present for you." Inutaisho said as he pulled a small silken bundle out of his kimono.

"Domo arigatou," Izayoi said softly as she took it from him.

"Douitashimashite."

Opening the bundle, she exclaimed, "It's so beautiful! I love it!" She leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Hontoni?"

"Hai!

"I know it's only cotton, but I thought-" he said hesitantly.

"Don't worry about it; it's perfect! The summers are very humid here and wrapping a stiff brocade obi around my waist is not something I particularly enjoy."

"I didn't know that..."

"It's alright, I never told you. But seriously, a simple cotton obi is exactly what I wanted. And this red one," she giggled at his choice of color, "will go perfectly with my new yellow yukata."

Inutaisho nodded. "I like the way you look in that one too."

Izayoi blushes prettily. "Arigatou, my love."

"Douitashimashite..." the dog general said softly. Gathering Izayoi in his arms, he kissed her long and hard, sending the red obi fluttering to the ground as she snaked her arms around his neck. They kissed each other hungrily, for he had been away for a month and they missed each other more than they thought possible.

Inutaisho was busy trailing a line of little kisses down her neck, when a little voice called out, "Why you biting Kuro, Tadji?" prompting them to pull away form each other.

"I'm just kissing your mother, why?" the dog general said to his son as he quirked an eyebrow at him in amusement.

"Oh...I thought you were hurting her cuz she was making a funny face," the three year old hanyou said seriously. "What's this?" Inuyasha picked up the obi she had dropped. "Is this a new kite for me?" His little face lit up with delight.

"Iie, that's your mother's new obi. Go be a good little pup and put it away for her."

"Hai!"

They watched as he did what he was told, each one silently making a promise to have a better homecoming later that night...
Sign up to rate and review this story