Categories > Games > Zelda > Correspondence

Elusive Slumber

by arora_kayd 0 reviews

The next installment, which is collaberation between the two of us.

Category: Zelda - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Link, Sheik - Published: 2006-07-07 - Updated: 2006-07-07 - 621 words

0Unrated
Title: Elusive Slumber
Author: Aurora-Kayd, Point-Earedpain
Beta: Point-Earedpain
Disclaimer: We own nothing! ... nothing terribly signifigant that is...
Summary: Sheik!Angst for everyone! Sheik's reaction to what Link did. Bad Link. No cookie for you!
As for what happened in the previous chapter: Link and Sheik met, things got physical and Link was a bit rough. Afterwords, Sheik asked if they could meet again somtime and Link accused him of trying to start an affair. Sheik insisted that that wasn't what he met, but Link wouldn't listen. Sheik left, telling Link to never contact him again.
Rating:PG-13. For allusions to doubious actions.


Sheik curled himself into a fetal position. He turned his face away from the dim light of the single candle illuminating the tiny chamber. He had remained there for the rest of the night, ignoring everything around him. His whole body hurt, not just the more obvious places. When he'd turned up on Impa's doorstep, she'd taken one look at him and, without any need for explanations, had ushered him gently into a small, private corner of her home. All he could focus on was trying to figure out what had gone wrong.

At least now he knew what betrayal felt like. How the anger and confusion and pain consumed you. Even though he felt so terribly violated, he still wanted Link. He wanted to hold him, to ask why, to fix it all; but he couldn't imagine seeing him again.

Love. In his letter Link had called him love. The endearment had struck a deep cord in Sheik, one he had tried to sever for many months. And then he had dared to say the word again after taking away Sheik's hope of them ever reconciling. After blaming his own actions on Sheik and speaking in that condescending tone of voice. The mere recollection sent a white-hot fury through Sheik's body.

That only served to temporarily block the ever-lingering pain of longing. Links admission of love, however questionable the circumstances and sincerity, only made it worse. He reflected that it was his own naivety that brought some of this pain. How could he have thought, after all he'd been through and seen, that if Link said those words again that everything would have changed? That a simple three-word phrase would erase the past years and bring about the happily-ever-after they deserved?

Sheik tried to lose himself in the memory of their first night together. However, the gentleness and love that had permeated every touch and action that night was now tainted. Instead of the dull heat of the fire and soft blanket, all Sheik could feel was the coarse rock at his back. Gentle kisses became bruising and intense. Sheik quickly closed off the memory, fearing that it would become forever erased if he continued.

Confusion set in then. He didn't understand why Link had pushed him away, why he didn't want to be together. Link had asked him to meet him. Had kissed him. Had... gone further. Then why did he reject Sheik?

Sheik would have been content to just spend time with Link, to be near him once more, no matter how much it hurt not to be with him. Then Link had gone and cheapened that desire, calling it an affair, degrading Sheik's feelings into nothing more than carnal need. Had ignored Sheik's dismissal of the notion, thereby spurning all of Sheik's opinions.

That's what hurt the most. The bruises would heal in a few weeks; but the emotional scars would pain Sheik for years, if not the rest of his life. It was too much, too much to add to the pain he already felt from his past.

Sheik just wanted it to end.
Sign up to rate and review this story