Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Heart Will Go On( Frerard Titanic Story You Auditioned For)

Chapter four

by XxxFallenAngelXxxx 2 reviews

“Alright, name`s Frankie, Frankie Iero.”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-06-16 - Updated: 2012-06-22 - 1002 words

1Original
“I don`t think that you really want to be doing that, mate.”
Gerard froze, his trembling, pale hands begging to let go off the hard uncomfortable metal railing, yet still clinging on for dear life. His dishevelled, sweat drenched raven locks stuck to the nape of his neck and emotionless face, covering his eyes, not unlike the way his grief and sorrow clouded and covered his mind.
“Long way down,” The nameless, faceless stranger, a man, Gerard distantly realised from his husky, smoke and alcohol damaged voice. “You sure you wanna jump from there?” He questioned casually, leaning against the metal railings next to Gerard, almost as though he was discussing the weather with the depressed, suicidal man. “Like I said it is pretty far down and cold looking.” His apparent saviour shivers loudly. “I`m getting cold just looking at the water!”
Gerard grimaced-he hated the cold. You would have thought that having lived in England for the majority of his twenty one years of his precisely controlled life; he would have become accustomed to it, but no. He loathed the cold with a fiery passion. And water. He couldn`t swim very well you see and after nearly drowning as a young boy, it had rather put him off of it.
“I am afraid that I have no other option.” He admits softly in a shaky whisper to the other man, whose slender, shadowy outline could just be seen leaning next to him.
“Why do you want to die?” he asked abruptly, getting straight to the point, something Gerard had always admired, not bothering with half hearted, unknowledgeable “Don`t do its.”
He smiles softly, a twisted grin, the smile of a crazed, defeated man. “I do not wish to die; I just have nothing to live for.”
Gerard sways unsteadily and prepares to let go once more, unsure why he hadn’t already. This man, this stranger could not stop him; he did not know him, didn`t know how mundane and meaningless his controlled, pampered life had become.
“You jump, I`ll follow.”
Gerard froze once more, shocked. “W-what, why would you- you don`t even-“
“Know you?” the dark haired man shrugs then stretches lazily like a cat, his grubby plain white shirt ridding up ever so slightly. “No, I don’t, but I do know that no matter how shitty your life may seem to you, no matter how meaningless and worthless you think you are, you will mean the world to someone.”
Gerard was too stunned and overwhelmed by his words to criticise him for his bad language.
“Now are you gonna get down off of the railings or am I gonna have to drag you?” Gerard stares almost blindly at the outstretched, calloused hand that was being held out to him, before uncertainly taking hold of it.
“Now that your down, you gonna tell me your name?”
“If you tell me yours.”
Frank chuckles dryly. “Alright, name`s Frankie, Frankie Iero.” the words flew melodically off of the chestnut haired man-no boy`s tongue. He couldn`t be much older than seventeen, Gerard noticed sadly, so young and so wise beyond his years.
“And you?”
“I`m Gerard Way.”
Frank scrunched up his cute button nose in thought. Way, he had heard that surname somewhere before. “Way, as in that snobbish family that make their riches by erm-“
“My family are bankers.” He told the younger boy curtly, hurt but by all means not surprised by Frank calling him a snob. He had thought though, or rather hoped, that maybe he would have not been so quick to judge.
“You don`t sound so happy about that.” Frank was very observant, or so Apollonia had told him.
“I did not really want to join the family business, however I had very little choice in the matter.” He tells Frank with a small smile, surprised by just how easy it was to talk to him.
“What did you want to do then?”
No one had ever asked him that before, not his father, or his mother. Not even Michael.
Gerard finds his cheeks flushing, “Art,” He admits aloud for the first time in his twenty one years, “I wished o become a painter, but I was never allowed to do something so dry and common.”
Frank smirks, “I`m an artist, among many other things.” he winks cheekily, making Gerard blush deeper.
“Well I`d better be going, Apollonia will be wondering where I am.”
“Your wife?” why did the word make Gerard`s throat close up and a burning, hateful feeling to form in his gut?
Frank laughs, “Fuck no! She`s-“ He stops himself abruptly. What if Gerard was a homophobe? Chances are he was, everyone was, especially the high class.
“She is what exactly?” he presses gently.
Aw fuck it, Frank thinks, he didn`t even know this guy, not really. And besides, nothing could happen between them, even if those kinds of relationships were allowed and not frowned upon.
“Apple is my best friend and well erm…she would never like me like that and neither would I because…well because we are faggots.” Frank cringed and waited for his disgusted reply.
It took Gerard a second to work out what was meant by the derogatory term.
“You mean-oh.” He frowns. “And?”
Frank blinked his eyes once. “And what?”
“Nothing, it`s just you looked so terrified when you told me.”
“Well yeah! Because you hate me now, don`t you?”
Gerard shook his head slowly. “Never, you saved my life.” He mentioned nothing about his secret, closeted feelings towards other men to Frank.
“Do you want to join me for dinner tomorrow?” the question was blurted out before Gerard could do anything about it.
“You and me, alone?”He tried not to get his hopes up.
“Well my fiancé and mother will be there as well, of course.” Gerard adds on almost sadly and walks away, cheeks flaming red.
Sign up to rate and review this story