Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > The Real You

Wherefore Art Thou Romeo?

by SoulSushi 0 reviews

The rules are explain to some very unwilling participants...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ichimaru Gin - Published: 2012-06-18 - Updated: 2012-06-18 - 1266 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 4
Wherefore art thou Romeo?

When I woke up, we were all in a big white room that reminded me of the shop. The others had already woken up.
“Where the hell are we?” I asked.
“Well Hun.” Szayel offered. “Judging from my brilliant placement of the sofa and the curtains, we’re in the living room of the dollhouse.” I quickly got to my feet, and looked around.
Sure enough, Szayel was right.
“Looks like we’re all playing the game now.” Stark sighed.
“No way out.”
The others looked terrified.
“Come on!” Nnoitra suddenly exclaimed. “There’s gotta be a way outta this hell hole!” We suddenly heard footsteps from the darkest part of the room.
“I am afraid that your quieter friend is correct.”
That voice. I know what’s coming, even before I see it.
It’s the guy from the games store again. Not an emotion in sight.
“You again!” I growl. The others stared at me.
“So that’s why you froze up.” Gin noted. I nodded.
“This was the guy who sold me the game.” He nodded at me, his multi dimensional glare striking me hard.
He was so much paler set against a darkish background, but if the walls were whiter, he could easily blend in with them.
“There is no way out other than to get to the top in nine hours. If you do that, you go free.” Gin coughed, and the small man turned to him.
“You said that there would be a main pawn to your game, a leader of sorts. Would you mind highlighting the chosen one?” He nodded.
“Indeed. I have chosen Pantera to do it.” I stopped. The cat? No, it couldn’t be. So which one of us...
Everyone was staring at me.
“Grimmkitty, obviously.” Szayel smirked. Nnoitra laughed.
“This is gonna be a breeze if Grimmjow’s in charge. He’s the strongest out of all of us. He’s scared of nothing!” The pale man shook his head.
“He is not the strongest of you. He has a fear that haunts him more than all of your fears affect you. He’s just extremely good at hiding it.” They all stared at me.
How could being small and weak affect me so much if I was entirely the opposite?
Suddenly, everybody disappeared.
“Where the hell did they go?” I asked, more growled. The man sighed.
“I thought it would have been obvious. The trash have all gone to their separate rooms. They are safe.” I glared at him.
“At least tell me your name. That Spanish stuff is too complicated.” He suddenly pressed a long ivory finger to my lips.
“My name is Ulquiorra Schiffer.” He slowly drew his finger across my lips, and then stroked my face with the back of his hand. I grabbed his wrist suddenly.
“What are you playing at?” He sighed.
“I can let your friends go right now if you wanted me too.” I stopped.
“You could do that?” He nodded.
“With the necessary payment, of course.” I glared at him. What did he want from me?
“What do you want?” He stared at me, suddenly sounding very sad and lonely. I would have hugged him if not for my need for the answer.
“I am more precious than platinum,
But I am also free,
I am the parent of millions,
Now give it to me.”
“What kind of riddle is that?” I ask him.
“An easy one. I may not look like the kind of person that enjoys games, but I relish them.” He sat down on the sofa, sat upright, but also very femininely.
Szayel couldn’t have been more precise.
He was beautiful. There was no doubt about it. Those eyes spoke wonders, and that voice was almost hypnotising.
“Ulquiorra, right?” He nodded. I sat down next to him.
“Why did you choose me, of all of the others? I didn’t realise my fear was that bad.” He nodded.
“You thought you drew yourself as being weak, but you had not. Instead, you drew a childhood memory. One you have completely forgot that you made yourself forget. Before the night is up, you will face that fear if you do not solve my riddle. Those are the rules.” I stopped.
So, I solve this riddle, and we’re out of here? Where’s Gin when you need him? He’s a riddle writer himself. He would have probably figured it out by now. Ulquiorra then turned to me, with a look in his eye. What was that, jealousy? His emotions seemed to only be told from his eyes.
“That Gin Ichimaru person, you are close to him, yes?” I shrugged.
“Kinda. I...we...”
“I know that you are gay.”
“Right, it was a summer fling.” Why was I telling this random dangerous stranger about past relationships?
“So, you are no longer together, correct? And you feel nothing for him now?” I sighed.
“We’re not together no, but I suppose, in all honesty, I do still kinda like him. I would never re-date him though.” Ulquiorra stared at me, excitement and shock suddenly reflected in his green gaze.
“Why not?”
“I would never hear the end of it. Gin, as well, he’s too...manly for me, if you get what I mean. I want someone, I dunno, a bit more feminine, but quieter than the Granz brothers.” He nodded.
We sat in silence a few minutes.
“You had better get moving.” He said. I nodded, and asked him which door to take, as there appeared to be two leading out of the room in different directions.
“Go which ever way.” He sighed. “I’ve planned this out so that whichever way you decide to go, Ilforte is the first person you will come across. He has a rather strange fear, but reasonable none the less. Especially if you have a brother like Szayel.” I nodded, and stared at the doors.
“Will one get me there quicker?” He nodded.
“Practicality?”
“Like you said, I had better get moving. I’ve wasted enough time as it is.”
I walked over to the door on my left. Pantera had a limp in his hind left leg, so I thought that if it’s something that hurts him, and I’m about to jump into hell, I’d better take a left.
Insane reasoning, but he’s my cat.
I opened the door, and it lead to a long, white corridor.
Suddenly, I felt a weight on my shoulder, and I spun around, to find it was Ulquiorra’s hand.
“Good luck. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on you.” He whispered, sending chills down my spine.
That voice was made of pure velvet, I swear. I wanted to stay, make him talk more, but I couldn’t.
I had to get moving. I ran down the corridor, the jacket actually quite comfortable, and passed a load of rooms. They all had a random assortment of numbers on them, ranging from one hundred to one.
I thought about it. He said Ilforte was the first one I would rediscover.
What number door would Ilforte be hidden behind?
My eyes suddenly spotted a certain door, and I almost laughed.
How obvious.
Ilforte was extremely unlucky. He was nowhere near as intelligent as his brother. He often had accidents while out and about, like getting hit by cars.
He was real superstitious.
It had to be room 13.
I readied myself for an attack and threw the door open.
Everything went white.
Sign up to rate and review this story